NEurope

And how in the world is Amazon expensive? :P Everything there is a deal for me. Just need patience to get them beneath 19 punds or I'll get VAT over here instead. I have waited a year to get the last two seasons of Atlantis.

How come you write it as "punds"?

The price appears normal on page where you view the item and in the basket, but on the page where you confirm the address(the "timeline" on the top is at "dispatch") the price is lowered automatically with no reason given there or later on.

It does show this later on though. The actually price is 11.99

Items: GBP 10.20

Postage & Packing: GBP 1.98

Total before VAT: GBP 12.18

VAT: GBP 0.00

And how in the world is Amazon expensive? :P Everything there is a deal for me. Just need patience to get them beneath 19 punds or I'll get VAT over here instead. I have waited a year to get the last two seasons of Atlantis.

When I go to checkout on Amazon, the price is always more than what is being shown on the item page. =(

And Amazon for me is expensive compared to other sites. Like I said the price goes up for some reason, plus they always charge extra for packaging and postage. I can usually find deals cheaper on other sites.

When I go to checkout on Amazon, the price is always more than what is being shown on the item page. =(

And Amazon for me is expensive compared to other sites. Like I said the price goes up for some reason, plus they always charge extra for packaging and postage. I can usually find deals cheaper on other sites.

Maybe it's because Norway isn't in the EU that he doesn't pay VAT.

EDIT: Dammit Raining!

norway isnt in the EU and doesnt have to pay tax

Cheeky bastards. =P

But then why do I pay more than UK people? Do Belgian VAT rates apply or something? *confused by all this*

I forget who it was, but someone once posted a picture of watch from Tokyo Flash ages ago and from that point onwards, I've always wanted one.

And now I have.

Plumped for the following

tokioflash-kisai-denshoku-led-digital-watch-2.jpg

Most people think I'm crazy and it's a waste of money but meh, I like it and it's my money - just don't ask me the time...

And for those getting their hands on the HTC Desires... nice choice! You won't go wrong. Now just wondering how long it will take before they make android 2.2 compatible with it.

I forget who it was, but someone once posted a picture of watch from Tokyo Flash ages ago and from that point onwards, I've always wanted one.

And now I have.

Plumped for the following

Most people think I'm crazy and it's a waste of money but meh, I like it and it's my money - just don't ask me the time...

And for those getting their hands on the HTC Desires... nice choice! You won't go wrong. Now just wondering how long it will take before they make android 2.2 compatible with it.

but how do you tell the time...? :heh:

How does that tell you anything other than what hour it is? What about the minutes?

Tokyo Flash watches are awesome, albeit impractical.

My favourites are;

Sensai:

pic1.jpg

Galaxy:

tokyoflash-galaxy02.jpg

Q version:

q-version.jpg

Cheeky bastards. =P

But then why do I pay more than UK people? Do Belgian VAT rates apply or something? *confused by all this*

linky

"Each EU country has its own rates of VAT."

Seems a bit unfair if you ask me, lol!

linky

"Each EU country has its own rates of VAT."

Seems a bit unfair if you ask me, lol!

It's so people [from countries with high VAT rates] don't just import from the country with the lowest VAT. It's to protect their own economy.

It's so people [from countries with high VAT rates] don't just import from the country with the lowest VAT. It's to protect their own economy.

How stupid. =(

Though for some reason only Amazon seems to do this, all other sites just charge me the price mentioned on the item page.

but how do you tell the time...? :heh:

How does that tell you anything other than what hour it is? What about the minutes?

Here's a link to the website and there is a little animation that shows you how you can tell the time to the nearest minute.

I only ordered it Tuesday night at about half 9 and I would have had it today had someone been in to sign for it. Now I've got to go down to the collection depot...

Oh ok. Seems a bit time-consuming compared to normal watches, but then it does remind me of Power Rangers, so it's fine.

---

078511677X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Astonishing X-Men Vol.2 Dangerous

£2.49

Had Gifted, and was suitably impressed. I always meant to get the other volumes, but then reading lots of critical praise for Joss Whedon's run made me go and do it. I have to say that I always though that the team from Astonishing was one of the best line-ups the teams ever had. The art is so good too.

One day, when I rule the world, I am going to buy a Tokyo Flash watch.

Wear it for a few days then remember I don't like watches.

Oh and Falcon various dates suggested, most prior to August.

Ive always wanted one of those watches

Me too after I saw one but the cost and practicality, as Moogle said, do a lot to put you off.

But like any watch, its more a fashion accessory than a utility device as you could buy a device to tell the time for a couple of quid if you were that desperate and you can see the time on your phone at any time anyway.

One day, when I rule the world, I am going to buy a Tokyo Flash watch.

Wear it for a few days then remember I don't like watches.

Oh and Falcon various dates suggested, most prior to August.

Cool, I remember reading they intend to make it a priority to have it support Desires and Incredibles as soon as - then it will become an even more attractive piece of kit. The phone that keeps on giving.

I remember having a watch on my wrist (that I loved, got it as a gift) for the best part of 3 years, I swore by them and believed I couldn't live without one on, right up until it broke. After a week of it stopping I have yet to feel the need to replace it up until now.

Damn it.

TQ-GE_front.jpg

gta-san-andreas.png

2.49 Each from Steams summer sale =D Titan Quest is pretty damned good

I bought one of those Tokyo Flash watches a couple years ago. A really awesome looking equalizer one.

They are utterly retarded. The idea of it is fantastic but the reality is dire. Any watch that takes more than a glance to find out the time is a stunning failure.

They are utterly retarded. The idea of it is fantastic but the reality is dire. Any watch that takes more than a glance to find out the time is a stunning failure.

They do state on the website that if you want a watch for telling the time, then don't bother with their watches.

Meh. You can get much nicer watches that actually do tell the time.

Cheap? They're around £100.

I'd rather a Swatch Skin or one of their Art watches. They have the added bonus of actually telling the time.