NEurope

Today's purchases:

the_gaslight_anthem-the_59_sound.jpg

The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem (£7)

quality album! Going to see them in 4 weeks.

quality album! Going to see them in 4 weeks.

Lucky git! Concert is sold out, isn't it? Would loved to have gone to that as Twin Atlantic are one of the supporting acts as well. But yeh, good album. Haven't listened to it all yet. Rolo Tomassi stole my listening time but I'mma give it a full listen tomorrow.

496-9.jpg

£14

9742_400x600.jpg

£5

allstar-superman-v2.jpg

£5

All written by Grant Morrison, drawn by Frank Quitely (except some bits of New X-Men).

I'm so happy.

HMV finally had their Buffy and Angel stock re-done, all at stunning prices.

Oo thanks for telling! I've been meaning to re-buy seasons 5-7 of buffy.

product?productId=221003617&type=3&loc=en-GB

For WoW after I got hacked into. :laughing:

dell-inspiron-15.jpg

Shiny new laptop since mine is shit and recently gained a cracked screen.

What's that WoW dongle for?

It looks like one of these account number thingamagis that some banks give out for business accounts, some odd security measure.

It basically gives you a random code every 30secs to a 1min to type into to log onto your account as well as your password and username. It makes it a lot harder for somebody to hack into your account.

After being hacked I decided to buy one, even though Blizzard were really quick to get my stuff back, even when I'm not paying for WoW I'd rather have it protected.

It basically gives you a random code every 30secs to a 1min to type into to log onto your account as well as your password and username. It makes it a lot harder for somebody to hack into your account.

After being hacked I decided to buy one, even though Blizzard were really quick to get my stuff back, even when I'm not paying for WoW I'd rather have it protected.

I'm calling it: We now officially live in the future, lack of flying cars be damned.

Argh Dell laptops :(

I'm getting a new Dell laptop in a few days, and whilst I share your sentiment, the one I'm getting has a special advantage. It's free.

Dyspraxia ftw. I'm not normally in favour of hand-outs that aren't actually desperately needed, but I consider this my revenge for Student Finance England cutting my loan by a grand even though I don't qualify for any bursaries or grants, but my parents can't afford to help me at all and I live in the most expensive University outside London - the most expensive with the normal loan.

I do, however, get the ultimate right to tell students who get grants, are at a cheap University, do a degree with so little work they actually have time to get a part-time job and then complain about lacking money/give me stick when I say I can't afford something to fuck right off. It's immensely satisfying, and, helpfully, free!

I get the Dell hate from people who've obviously had problems with them in the past but I think we've had 2 Dell PCs in our house and 1 laptop and all have lasted pretty well. To be honest unless I see another deal when the time comes, i'll probably be using them again later this year for my new pc.

I've got a Dell laptop, not a thing wrong with it, over 3 years old and the only problem I have had (pulled the sound conn off the motherboard) was done by me, accidentally.

I don't hate Dell for their monitors, but I find they are very expensive for what they are, they don't seem to have very good customer service reports and they break too often. Obviously everything I say is opinion. :)

As to the blizzard authenticator. Its probably the best idea I've come across, they do also do versions for the iphone etc but because my phone is quite old I had to buy one of these, just a small keyring, it was only £6, which is fair given the postage was included in that.

I don't hate Dell for their monitors, but I find they are very expensive for what they are, they don't seem to have very good customer service reports and they break too often. Obviously everything I say is opinion. :)

As to the blizzard authenticator. Its probably the best idea I've come across, they do also do versions for the iphone etc but because my phone is quite old I had to buy one of these, just a small keyring, it was only £6, which is fair given the postage was included in that.

Dell monitors are ludicrously expensive, but bloooody fantastic. We've got them at work and they just last foreverrrr. Both the trust and the board (government agencies) have contracts with dell.

Shame the computer unit is balls. I swear about 20 of them are on the way out, all at the same time!! (i'd never buy a dell pc unit, but the laptops are fab!)

The dell monitors at uni are really good, it's just a shame that all, I mean literally all the Dell desktops are crap, they cannot handle anything, which is a shame as I bet they cost an awful lot of money. I've never met such a high level brand that handles so badly.

I don't think I'd ever consider buying a Dell laptop or pc, just because I don't like the idea of them breaking, personally experience and all that, I much prefer my asus laptop and fujistu desktop neither have done me badly! Although I'd love to build my own PC.

The dell monitors at uni are really good, it's just a shame that all, I mean literally all the Dell desktops are crap, they cannot handle anything, which is a shame as I bet they cost an awful lot of money. I've never met such a high level brand that handles so badly.

I don't think I'd ever consider buying a Dell laptop or pc, just because I don't like the idea of them breaking, personally experience and all that, I much prefer my asus laptop and fujistu desktop neither have done me badly! Although I'd love to build my own PC.

All the dells (base units) in my experience, break very quickly. I'm talking corp use here... The machines are on a LOT of the time (the place I work is 24 hour) so that contributes, yet they all manage to break at around the same time (usually just over a year, maybe up to 2 years) all having similar faults (derived from overheating) faulty chips on the motherboard, or fan troubles.. And our old office had the same issues, even though they weren't used half as much. Can't beat the lovely monitors though.

Wouldn't buy a Dell desktop in a million years. But the laptops are different tech altogether.. I find my dell a lot more robust than other laptops (Ive broken my samsung nc10 doing a lot less) and my laptop is sunshine yellow. Good stuff! Laptop overheats tend to be caused by "person abuse" more than anything else, contrary to belief.

I think we use Dell desktops at work. The reason I say "I think" is because they could have been upgraded at some point, they're definitely a Dell case though. They haven't caused us any trouble yet though and they get a lot of abuse. They still run at a decent speed and they used to be belong to our Visual Marketing department, which push around mahoosive graphics files (I'm talking hundreds of MBs, billboard size graphics) like there's no tomorrow.

Can't fault my current Dell laptop either in terms of how long it lasted.

I was tempted by a desktop unit only, since I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse lying around, but it worked out about the same price as a laptop for the things I wanted on it, plus I'd like the option to take the laptop with me to edit photos when I'm camping at car shows/on holiday or whatever. Will probably never take it with me, but it's nice to have the option.

I've heard woeful things about Dells customer service though. Let's hope my laptop arrives all prompt and working like.

Edited by Goafer

Hopefully you will approve of my purchases Goafer.

1041833.jpg

trigorillaballhead.jpg

ML-L3.jpg

Came to around $160-ish I I remember correctly.

917958_front-1.jpg

£2.99 off steam

bought the first one ages ago for my 17th birthday but couldn't run the damn thing on my crappy PC back then.

Today's purchases:

No-More-Heroes-2-Desperate-Struggle.jpg

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (£27.49)

250px-ModNation_Racers_box.jpg

ModNation Racers (£39.99)

and Kerrang! Magazine (£2.20)

Do you regularly get Kerrang magazine? I heard (well, saw) fun. was in there but flicked through it the other day and couldn't see it so it was either a previous issue or American (if its out over there).

Anyway I umm...I bought flowers for my mother.

Yeh I get it just about every week. Haven't seen fun. in this one but I haven't had a proper look through it yet (Just checked, they're in the gig dates section for yesterday). Just a quick glance and to see how badly they rated the new STP album. But I think they'll start to get more coverage in it. The new video for their latest single or something was posted on Kerrang's website (which is actually pretty good but I forget the name of it) so it seems that they're certainly on Kerrang's radar.

Ta. Seems it was last week (guessing that photo was taken in March as I think that guy on the right was Ryan who helped out for the London gigs last time, certainly not a 'proper' band member as it were).

Reminded me though I need to order the next single so thanks for that too :) (although its not available yet but I'll keep reminding myself to do so on Monday)