NEurope

That's really easy. I think we have to get 43/50 as well as passing the hazard perception.

Well you don't hear me complaining. =P

Oh also, they do an eye/reading test after the theory test, to check your eyes. Since I know mine are crap I'll have to get them tested beforehand heh.

My g/f is currently practising her Theory Test. Is it me, or has the Hazard Perception test completely gone to shit? It's just so ludicrously inconsistent.

We watched one clip where you had to click as soon as you saw a Motorbike up ahead, even though you didn't have to slow down/pass it for another 10 seconds or so. Fine, makes sense. But then another clip had a horse and cart, but clicking as soon as you saw it was way too early, even though you could see it for a good 10-15 seconds, the window for clicking was only while the vehicle slowed down to overtake it.

Also occasionally they just completely miss things/make things up. There was one for a car slowing down at a roundabout, how is that a hazard?? But then 20 seconds later the camera car has to stop for a woman pushing a pram across the road, not at a crossing of any kind, and that isn't considered a hazard! Ridiculous.

I found more so that it was just too easy and I did mine in 2008, I had a cd to practise and it was hard, you moved too fast and there wasn't very many hazards.

When I actually went to do the test it was slow and way too easy to spot things.

That's really easy. I think we have to get 43/50 as well as passing the hazard perception.

That would be correct, I just scord 42/50 on my first practice attempt. With little to no revision.

Well the easier for me the better, as I honestly am not very good at remembering all the different rules and tiny exceptions to the rules etc. Car stuff confuses me, especially if numbers are involved. =P

That would be correct, I just scord 42/50 on my first practice attempt. With little to no revision.

Back when I did it, I was getting those kinda scores - round the 40's which was just a fail, without having looked at the highway code or anything. After having one read through of the code, the lowest score I got in practicing was never lower than 45. I saved my highest for the actual test though, I got 49. It's amazing after having used the CD, how many of the same questions come up in the test. Either the exact same ones of just differently worded.

I haaaaaaatted the hazard perception.

Things like the horses, were pretty obvious because they were an auto "click as soon as you see", but some of them are like, click when you see potential problems, click when it causes the problem/hazard. Oh god I hated it, completely worried over it, and paid very little attention to my multiple choice.

Theory Test - £31

lplate.jpg

Booked it for two weeks time, should be enough time to learn what I don't know and practice some of the online tests.

I passed mine last week, it was easy enough just the nerves made it hard for me.

Most of my questions were on my practise cd's so it it was easy enough in that sense, just take your time and read them over about 4 or 5 times before you answer.

The Hazard aweness is a pice of piss, I just thought of it as a computer game, when I first started revising for it I was awful, but it really is a piece of piss. The trick is as soon as you see what you think is a hazard to click 3 times in quick succession.

My pass scores were -

questions - 44/50

hazard - 57/75

I've got one of those cd test things (a gift when I was 17 - some time ago) the bastard doesn't seem to work now, might see if I can pick up a more recent one.

Cheers for the advice though people. :)

Im doing my HGV in te next couple of months. Cant say im looking forward to it. When i did my car test there was no hazard perception. :(

Yeah theory test is easy enough, get one of those dvds/cd roms and just do it once a day. It's the practical test thats screwing me over!

Anyway purchases:

madworld-cover.jpg

I don't think it looks that good which is why I never bought it, but for £4.95 its rude not to.

The Hazard aweness is a pice of piss, I just thought of it as a computer game, when I first started revising for it I was awful, but it really is a piece of piss. The trick is as soon as you see what you think is a hazard to click 3 times in quick succession.

Fuck yeah, when I did mine [eons ago] they defined a hazard as something which made you change speed or turn somewhat. Having that in mind makes it piss easy.

I bought:

4GB SD card

Microsoft webcam with built-in microphone

Blue Puma hoodie

Orange Puma t-shirt

Some jeans

Another t-shirt

Dunno why I walked into the Puma store...

Just saw it and remembered liking Puma clothes when I was younger because it had a big cat on it.

me and the mrs are off to egypt in September for a Week staying at "Aqua blu" water park hotel :D in inclusive so free drink/booze and food all week yey

13637153.jpg

Fuck yeah, when I did mine [eons ago] they defined a hazard as something which made you change speed or turn somewhat. Having that in mind makes it piss easy.

But that was my point, even knowing the rules they often seemed to break their own. I never claimed that it was hard, just stupid and plain wrong in some places. As in my earlier example where you could spot the horse and cart a mile off: if you clicked as soon as you saw it, it didn't count, even up to 5 seconds after you saw it... didn't count. You had to wait about 7 or 8 seconds, until the car was actually just about to pass the cart.

Then a different video with a bike (same scenario) had completely different standards, you had a window of about 2 seconds to click the instant you saw the bike.

I came. Twice.

Ewww. Fresh.

290837501.jpg

to

outside-sheffield-train-station.JPG

With a bit of cheating...kinda.

Gotta go from my town > Birmingham > Sheffield and as it is cheaper to book tickets from my town to Sheff I did but its apparently booked for 9:30 but I'll be going about 8am (but still getting the 10:30 train from Birmingham that I'm booked for). I'll plead ignorance if needs be :heh:

Edited by Ashley

Well colour me pissed off...on monday I got an email from zavvi telling me my two t-shirts had been dispatched, today I have recieved an email saying this:

Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number 10709662.

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Tetris T Shirt - xl

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

So I'm confused has it been dispatched or hasn't it?! What with the tetris t-shirt love ready to be shown off I'm upset that I started it and its not coming!

I got the same sort of email. I hope they still end up sending the t-shirt, although I've got a feeling they'll just refund us now. :heh:

I got the same sort of email. I hope they still end up sending the t-shirt, although I've got a feeling they'll just refund us now. :heh:

did you get an email saying it had despatched aswell?! I DEMAND TETRIS LOVE!

did you get an email saying it had despatched aswell?! I DEMAND TETRIS LOVE!

Yup, I got the despatch confirmation email. On the 15th January I got that.

Yup, I got the despatch confirmation email. On the 15th January I got that.

Its abit out of order sending off an email saying its been dispatched when it hasn't.

Ordered an old school Sheffield United shirt for my dad off toffs.com which was said to be in stock so dispatch in 3-5 days. They charged my card so expected to get email saying it was on its way instead got one telling me my order would

not be fulfilled for at least 21 days

I sent them an email kicking off and saying I wanted my money back as its for a birthday present and I only ordered it on the notion that it was in stock. They promptly emailed me back saying sorry for the delay and it would be dispatched recorded delivery immediately.

A subscription to aquagym stuff (well not typical aquagym). 20 sessions.

€148 (plus €20 to sign up for the first time but mom paid that, yay!)