NEurope

i get scoffed at everytime i tell a japanese person that dont like murakami THAT much. he's like jesus over here or something... if jesus was japanese/still alive/wrote surrealist fiction/was unconditionally loved by all.

...i really liked norwegian wood tho - what are his OTHER "standard books"?? i'm more interested in his boring stuff apparently :grin:

I'm afraid Norwegian Wood is the only really realistic one... he wrote it to see if he could. I still think it's one of his best. Oddly enough, despite his popularity, Murakami's style isn't very Japanese, which is perhaps why lots of Japanese scholars aren't so keen.

I'm afraid Norwegian Wood is the only really realistic one... he wrote it to see if he could. I still think it's one of his best. Oddly enough, despite his popularity, Murakami's style isn't very Japanese, which is perhaps why lots of Japanese scholars aren't so keen.

really? everyone i've met seems to worship him... i can see them contemplating asking for a "teacher complaint form" whenever i tell them i'm not too fussed.... :indeed:

thank god there IS no teacher complaint form :laughing: jokes on them!!

really? everyone i've met seems to worship him... i can see them contemplating asking for a "teacher complaint form" whenever i tell them i'm not too fussed.... :indeed:

thank god there IS no teacher complaint form :laughing: jokes on them!!

Well, from what I understand in Japan he's considered like Dan Brown or something, in that he's insanely popular but people who claim to like "real literature" are sniffy about him. Which just seems to be a reaction to his popularity and Western style, really.

may08d.jpg

Sweeny Todd special edition blu-ray with booklet (£17.99 on play.com), Sonic games (£5 each, but in great condition), Sega Superstars Tennis (£25 at Zavvirgin) and THAT Dragon Quest "thing" whats like that one you plug right into the telly with the little plastic sword thingy. Oh, and the latest Hayate, because I love teh mangas.

S4010501.jpg

Summer shorts :yay:

S4010500.jpg

Jeans and a shirt for my first adult llife wedding. :smile:

S4010502.jpg

Disgaea on PS2! :yay::heh: They had it in CEX, and I am a huge fan now so needed it for my collection (I doubt Ill ever play it :blank::) ) and two weeks worth of comics = AKA what a fucking awesome pull this week. Loads of amazings. Amazings shown full cover.

Disgaea on PS2! :yay::heh: They had it in CEX, and I am a huge fan now so needed it for my collection (I doubt Ill ever play it :blank::) ) and two weeks worth of comics = AKA what a fucking awesome pull this week. Loads of amazings. Amazings shown full cover.

Disgaea is the greatest series ever. I have the Ltd Edition of Disgaea 3 for PS3, about 49 hours into it... trying to unlock the secret characters now... I've got the Disgaea 3 originals and the Red Prism Ranger... Marona, Laharl & Co will soon be mine...

Disgaea is the greatest series ever. I have the Ltd Edition of Disgaea 3 for PS3, about 49 hours into it... trying to unlock the secret characters now... I've got the Disgaea 3 originals and the Red Prism Ranger... Marona, Laharl & Co will soon be mine...

It is most definitely one of the greatest series' ever. Im still playing the PSP version, when I "finish" it I will move onto number two...then Ill probably import the US version of 3.

Im over 115 hours into the PSP version, and Im on chapter 11. :heh::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I want to unlock a Serpent. :( Havnt got one yet.

25%5C1574389.jpg

Diamondback 20" frame front suspension mountain bike. £167 from Halfords to be picked up tomorrow.

6931-large.jpg

£5

7078-large.jpg

£4

That looks like you've just started going through all the noteworthy films in alphabetical order. :wink:

[

7078-large.jpg

£4

:bowdown:

I love this film! :grin:

Strangely enough i watched it 3 times before i got to see the ending!

That looks like you've just started going through all the noteworthy films in alphabetical order. :wink:

Haha add it to 'American Beauty' and A is done (because you know, you only need three from each letter). B is done with 'Brick', 'Battle Royale' and 'Breakfast Club', all of which I own anyway, suggestions for C? :P

Killer_7_Ps2.jpg

€10, I finally have this game. I'd rather have the GC version, but I can't find it anywhere, so the PS2 version will have to do.

Haha add it to 'American Beauty' and A is done (because you know, you only need three from each letter).

Epic blasphemy.

Epic blasphemy.

Fill in the rest of this sentence; "I said that because...

a) I disagree with your choice of American Beauty.

b) I disagree with your statement you only need three films from each letter.

c) I feel that you should have chosen A___________ instead.

Haha add it to 'American Beauty' and A is done (because you know, you only need three from each letter). B is done with 'Brick', 'Battle Royale' and 'Breakfast Club', all of which I own anyway, suggestions for C? :P

Cool Runnings?

c) I feel that you should have chosen A___________ instead.

You know which film Im gonna say though....

Or at least you should. *I talk about it enough* :heh:

Two very good purchases there Strider and one alright :)

Made me think about Lost Boys 2 though, what are they thinking? :(

Oh that overated average film?

Come on, its alright but American Beauty is a classic piece of filmmaking. Anchorman is a lark.

And this is really the wrong thread for this discussion :p

And this is really the wrong thread for this discussion :p

True, but;

Oh that overated average film? (More blasphemy)

Come on, its alright but American Beauty is a classic piece of filmmaking. (I do agree, it is an amazing film, and worthy of a one choice for three films beginning with A) Anchorman is a lark. (An epic amazing lark! :yay: )