NEurope

198288_16654_front.jpg

Ahh... brings back so many good memories :D the game that started it all, I'll never forget the first time I played it online, I was a relatively low-lvl char - had lvled a ltitle bit offline before though - and was taken to the Ruins for the first time by a kind and helpful higher lvl Fonewearl, never did exchange Guild Cards but it was such a good first online experience that I remained hooked to Phantasy Star type games to this very day. :)

I've obviously been buying food etc but other things I've bought include:

SDC10569.jpg

My Family Guy Blue Harvest Poster and Pulp Fiction Poster. :D

SDC10573.jpg

My Cheryl Cole Poster! :grin:

All from this poster fair in the student Union 3 for 10 pounds. :)

and my Panda Purse from Claire's.

SDC10574.jpg

Arrived today from Lostmario:

198288_16654_front.jpg

]

I have considered getting this game in the last couple of years.. but I have never played a Phantasy Star game before.

Is there a decent game to be had offline or was the game basically only any good when it was played online?

Is there a decent game to be had offline or was the game basically only any good when it was played online?

I had it on the cube, and I have to tell you, it blew goats. If I didn't unlock the next level after going through 5 stages out of 6, you have to repeat it all over again.

I had it on the cube, and I have to tell you, it blew goats. If I didn't unlock the next level after going through 5 stages out of 6, you have to repeat it all over again.

Thanks.. I have plenty of games to be getting on with anyway and many more I can by when the time is right :hehe: With that in mind, I imagine I can give Phantasy Star Online a miss :heh:

Fucking lies! the game owned, the thing with the unlocking levels part is only that you need to play each area to the end, Forest takes fuck all time at all, Caves etc fair enough but perfectly doable, once you complete an area you don't have to do it again, the only part where you need to repeat is activating the three beacons on the first three stages to open up the ruins.

Seriously, saying the whole game is bad because of that one game design choice is a huge oversight, anyway if you're only judging it by its offline mode then there's little point because it was online where the game truly excelled.

I have considered getting this game in the last couple of years.. but I have never played a Phantasy Star game before.

Before PSO, the PS series were completely different. They were traditional overhead RPGs in the overworlds, but turned to a first person maze view in dungeons. I haven't really played the pre PSO games, but I do own them.

PSO (And PS Universe) are an aquired taste, much like WOW and other MMOs. They're all about grinding levels and searching for rare items. The PS MMOs are a lot more "casual" than WOW and others, mainly due to it being quicker to level your character.

I personally love PSO and PSU, but I can see why someone would hate them.

Thanks.. I have plenty of games to be getting on with anyway and many more I can by when the time is right :hehe: With that in mind, I imagine I can give Phantasy Star Online a miss :heh:

Offline is good, but if you want to play online your only choice now is to play on the un-official server. The PC version (PSO: Blue Burst) is also a lot better than the original DC release and it's free.

I want Uncharted, but I'm too poor, too many good games to complete first (one) and too busy to play it for any reasonable amount of time this week.

:(

513oST9BIhL._SS500_.jpg

Saw this at HMV a few weeks ago, but chose not to buy it as I didn't want to read 'Up' spoilers. Just ordered it for £15.75 from Amazon.

8229527x.jpg

Posted yesterday - hopefully here before Saturday - I've missed you Bauer....

Lemme know what the Pixar book is like, I imagine its just like a "this is Buzz, these are facts about Buzz" etc kinda thing. You checked out 'To Infinity and Beyond'? That was £12.50 in HMV a while ago.

oct09drake.jpg

Finally replaced my stolen copy of Drake's Fortune on friday, cleared it yesterday night. Uncharted 2 arrived this morning. Perfick!

3 and a half hours in... best game ever, basically. :D

Lemme know what the Pixar book is like, I imagine its just like a "this is Buzz, these are facts about Buzz" etc kinda thing. You checked out 'To Infinity and Beyond'? That was £12.50 in HMV a while ago.

Jeepers, that's cheap. I've got media-pricer tracking that for me, but the cheapest I've seen it online is £30/32! Will keep a look out next time I'm there, thanks!

Yeah, I was a bit wary of buying it, thinking that it was mainly for kids, but from the quick hands on I had with it at HMV it does seem to have plenty of stuff for all ages, plus hardcore Pixar fans are giving it the thumbs up.

p1000051.th.jpg

Birthday cake, 2 pizzas and semi skimmed milk.

Edited by Stefkov

Today's purchases (so far at least):

Lucky by Nada Surf

What If Leaving Is A Loving Thing by Sahara Hotnights

Greatest Kiss by Kiss

Innerpartysystem by Innerpartysystem

All of them were £4.99 so not bad.