NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

What is a good game to get?

And my original question; Is Pikmin 2 actually better than Pikmin 1?

Yup in every way. There are more Pikmin types, no time limits and bigger worlds. It is simply awesome and I recommend you hunt down a copy.

Zech is right when he says try Amazon, other than them and ebay I cant really think of any other places that you can get brand new OLD Cube games.

Yup in every way. There are more Pikmin types, no time limits and bigger worlds.

I need this game. The time limits realy put me off in the first one.

Viewtiful Joe.

PN03. (I'm one of the few that enjoyed it)

Wario Ware.

I really wanted PN03 it looked great, the graphical style. What's it like? I was kinda hoping it would be like a futuristic MGS, so when I heard it was a bit of a bog standard shooter I was put off.

I really wanted PN03 it looked great, the graphical style. What's it like? I was kinda hoping it would be like a futuristic MGS, so when I heard it was a bit of a bog standard shooter I was put off.

I might get this as well, just for the fact it was the only game of the EXCLUSIVE 5 that remained exclusive out of the 4 games released. The only game on GC I own where Capcom was involved with the game is Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse just for the GLORIOUS "only for" symbol slapped in the top left hand corner.

I sold my Gamecube and no Wii yet means I can’t go and throw it on and refresh my memory of it, which is a little hazy. What I do remember though, it has that weird feel that Killer7 does. Visually it looks great, very clean and shiny. The main character model is great but the animations aren’t quite as smooth as you might like. The environments have a large resemblance to Capcom’s other franchise Dino Crisis 3. While it plays like a mix of God Hand and Metroid.

It’s like a simplified MGS but not… and it’s not quite a bog standard shooter either. It’s an old-school shooter that’s all about score. The better the score the more you can buy, like God Hand. And just like God Hand the challenging gameplay can be condemned as repetitive but that’s what old-school games did best - test you. See how long you could go before you lost concentration and made a mistake.

PN03 is all about shooting and dodging while making it look effortlessly stylish. Vanessa (a saucy take on Samus) moves gracefully under fire. She’ll flip, spin, and gyrate her way through levels and making a mistake will piss you off. You can blame that on the controls at first but after a short while of practising you’ll soon start blaming yourself. It’s the same with Killer7; you can hate the game for forcing you to play a certain way, but with every game you have to learn to adapt or you’ll miss out.

It not very long but you won’t unlock everything first time so plenty of reason to replay it.

It’s hard to find on the shelf in stores right now, but look around and you might find it. You can try eBay or go here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0000A1OWD/ref=dp_olp_2/026-0163948-6322822

I agree with the person above who said Pikmin 2. I never liked the first one, but I think 2 is brilliant.

Games you should get:

Skies of Arcadia

ToS

Viewtiful Joe (One of the best games on Gamecube)

Is Paper Mario 2 worth getting?

Is Paper Mario 2 worth getting?

Yes indeed it is. Its such a fun and colourful and the battle system makes it very enjoyable. Still think the first one on the N64 was better though.

I would second the fact that it is worth getting, I enjoyed it very much. What I like about Mario RPGs is that you don't get fed up with the turn based stuff like you would in some RPGs, due to the action commands in mario games, they make it real fun I think.

Anyway, I never had or played the original Paper Mario, but I did have Thousand Year Door, which was a pretty cool game IMO. It's got a terrible story though, which is made up for by the excellent gameplay.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is awesome :heh:

I'll probably play it a little later.. I'm about 9 hours in.. it's just very very cool..

That's a bloody joke. If one game is truly crap - it's that one. it features dinosaurs with English dialects. A stegosaurus sounding lik a Welshman? Now that bloody ruins your game. I bought it, even though I was sceptical - but I always have high hopes for Rare games (Viva Piñata looks great), but this one. There was something ... wrong. It was so faulty and in literally pushed you in the direction to go. No sidequest, nothing to distract your from your main 'adventure'. God I loathed that game.

No, get your hands on Paper Mario or Skies of Arcadie (if you can still get it). It's a really top-notch game and an instant classic. And it looks like the Zelda of yore.

I actually really enjoyed starfox adventures. I know alot of people hated it quite a bit though :hmm:.

Anyway my top 3 to recommend would def be:

Sonic Mega Collection

Skies Of Arcadia Legends

Tales Of Symphonia

I would definately recommend Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil 4, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness and Animal Crossing. Pretty much every game mentioned on here is good but they are my pick out of my 50+ Cube collection

Super Mario Sunshine, while not as good as the 2d Classics or SM64 is still frickin' awesome and something different for a Mario Game. Harvest Moon games are good, Starfox Adventures is quite good, its certainly not terrible it's kinda like a hybrid of Zelda, Jet Force Gemini and Lylatwars. Not great but good.

Other games...

ToS is awesome as are Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 2, F-Zero GX, Burnout 2, Wind Waker, Beyond Good and Evil, Chibi-Robo, Resi 0 and 1, Waverace, Viewtiful Joe. The gamecube has loads of great games and their mainly the exclusive ones.

If you want to get all these rare games cheap go to EBgames.com its an American site but most games are around a tenner or less! Including paper mario and ToS. Buy yourself a european freeloader (Play-Asia 12 quid delivered) and your away. You do pay slightly more for delivery and a small handling fee to UPS when they deliver it but it works out MUCH cheaper than ebay. I got 7 games for $100 delivered which is roughly 55 quid, then 12 quid to UPS. Thats a total of 67 quid. On ebay I was looking at nearly 130 quid so it just shows that its better.

Good luck anyway!

I was gonna make a new thread, but saw this was still here so I'll use this. Firstly, what is Killer7 like, if you can compare it to something? It looks alot like XIII to me, but does it play similar? How does it play?

Well, its not like XIII. Its an on-rails horror shooter. Other then that the game can't be explained by comparing it to other games, its really something of its own kind.

If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do, if you ever get the chance to... The game is very rare to find now days.

Sign in to follow this