NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Lame Christmas Presents

Anyone got a real dud this year, or any year for that matter? I know this topic might sound harsh but I though it would be fun!

Last year I got a yodeling goat...it was so embarrassing, I had to fake so hard appreciating it, it hurt! ;)

I can deal with the usual items, e.g. socks, but mis-aimed humour, e.g. yodeling goats, seem to be what I mostly get! I was just wondering if anyone else got something close to being that useless:wink:

Pray tell, what is a yodelling goat?

Its a soft toy, just under a foot tall, and you press it's foot/hoof and the thing starts playing a whistling the yodeling song from The Sound of Music. As if that wasn't bad enough after about 1 minute (literally) its mouth starts moving and it rocks from side to side and starts singing the words...this went on for about 2 minutes...it seemed like an eternity!!!:nono::cry:

I got something similar to the yodelling Goat, A Shrilling Cow.

The body you squeeze and it makes a weird... noise. Wouldn't call it shrill, but it's certainly interesting.

Any chance you can provide us with pictures and soundclips, guys? I think that would be great. :D

I bought my mum a temperature probe thing for food.

Practical!

I got something similar to the yodelling Goat, A Shrilling Cow.

The body you squeeze and it makes a weird... noise. Wouldn't call it shrill, but it's certainly interesting.

Thats what I like to hear!:heh: Maybe I should change the topic title to Lame Soft toys that make wierd noises...

Any chance you can provide us with pictures and soundclips, guys? I think that would be great. :D

I think I disposed of the offening item!:laughing: Ill look for it tomorrow and if I find it I will ill post the violently abrasive sound clip!: peace:

But I think I gave it to a charity shop!

HOLY MOLY! I just found it on ebay!!! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GARETH-GOATS-SOFT-TOY-SINGS-LONELY-GOAT-SONG_W0QQitemZ300062517671QQcategoryZ230QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBIDQQcmdZViewItem)

I got a pair of racing nuns. They're actually pretty great, except my dogs keep running off with them.

That sounds cool! Got a pic?

The wireless router I got doesn't seem to like my NTL internet connection that much, here's hoping PC World will refund my parents. :sad:

That sounds cool! Got a pic?

Sure do, I'll post it up tomorrow though as my laptop battery is just about to die and I'm nice and warm in bed so can't really be bothered to get out to fetch my camera.

Sure do, I'll post it up tomorrow though as my laptop battery is just about to die and I'm nice and warm in bed so can't really be bothered to get out to fetch my camera.

Awesome can't wait!

Sound clips wanted, provided I hope.

http://www.partybox.co.uk/details.asp?product=6503

Lovely listen button below the image. I haven't tried it, as I have the real thing.

That sounded like a crow...dying...:hmm: At least its short and sweet!

and it looks like a clown/giraff/cow (more cow though!)

I...actually...quite...like....i-i-i-it...:laughing:

Well I didnt really get much anyway..... being 23 sucks for getting presents. I just got the usual blokey things, After shave, B.O buster, shower gel, socks (which i needed actually) a poker set, some chocolate, a GAME voucher, a Lee evans DVD, a beatles book, a couple of CD's and a bit of money.

None of that is really lame....but Christmas as a whole was lame for me this year as I was working nights. Didnt feel like Christmas at all :(

WTF Eevil! I just tried that listen button thing below the item...and...hahahahahaha.

"Ahhh! Ahh! ahhhhh!!!"

I got a sh*tting raindeer that craps out brown sweets.

Quite tasty actually, rather funny - always like the duds :P

2 two packets of chocolate peanuts off my nan didnt have the heart to tell her i dont like peanuts so when she left i gave to brother.

2 small packets of marks and spencer choc peanuts (prob on offer 2 for 1)

presides that all pressies are great

I got some shitty aftershave stuff from my brother.

I don't even USE aftershave and i don't plan to. I'll probably ebay it since it was fairly expensive...

WTF Eevil! I just tried that listen button thing below the item...and...hahahahahaha.

"Ahhh! Ahh! ahhhhh!!!"

I know, they should put a warning for people with pacemakers and weak dispositions!

I got a sh*tting raindeer that craps out brown sweets.

Quite tasty actually, rather funny - always like the duds :P

Hmmm:hmm: ...what flavour?

A Spanner.

No joke.

How did you react to that?:p

I didn't really get one, but my sister got a square of white material. We think it's a hanky, but there's no way of telling. I suppose it's another year of "thank you very much for the gift"... :heh:

Sign in to follow this