NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Members Podcast do you want to get involved?

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, but now have decided to!

Basically the new year is approaching so what do you think of how the Wii has fared this xmas? what do you want to see next year? and what is your most anticipated game?

Ok so how can you take part, simply say you want to and why, if you want to record yourself doing a small 2 min podcast or something, how about say describing your best wii moment so far? all entries will be featured on the podcast.

The podcast will be done over skype at an agreed time slot.

Also I'll admit I do have another reason for doing this! Aside from actively wanting to chat to people about games, but also I am doing a volunteer program at university, going to teach under privilgied schools and teaching them how to make podcasts as an introduction to the media industry so just need abit of practice at editing etc...

Please note this project is in no way associated with the N-Europe site, it will soley be the work of the members of this forum and the views etc... presented in it are the views of the members on the podcast not of this websites.

EDIT:

here are the "requirements" posted later in the thread to "audition":

What do you make of your first few weeks of Wii playing?

What are you most looking forward to in 2007 and why? it needn't be games it could be anything...

What was your Wow Wii Moment?- where the wiimote clicked, where the vision of Nintendo's all made sense.

you can either reply in this thread via the medium of text, orrrr you can send me an email at [email protected] with an audio version.

if you are typing each section should be no longer than 50 words and if you are talking the whole thing should only be 2 mins long

DEADLINE: Wednesday 3rd January

yeah microphone is kinda a requirement lol! just pick up a cheap one, the quality over skype will be ok I'm sure.

well I need to decide whose gonna do it. Too many people will make it a mess!

however will rotate whose in it, I'll host and have different members each time, if it kicks off this is?

then pick some topics that people know we will discuss.

But also need other work doing, does anyone want to write a theme tune for it?

Hehe, theme tune. How about Saria's Song?

hmm yeah could be... any other suggestions?

whens best time for people to do this? I was thinking on week night this week/ next week perhaps? weekends are out of the question for me cos of work.

I'm in. It might be best to ask people to give their answers to various questions and then select the best answers. You post a final date and check how much you got, cut and paste a little and then post it. Just thinking...

Sounds well scary-i would be up for it but i'm just a lil nervous lmao

Can't wait to hear it though :D

also that alman brothers song is awesome from Zelda: TP

I'm in. It might be best to ask people to give their answers to various questions and then select the best answers. You post a final date and check how much you got, cut and paste a little and then post it. Just thinking...

good idea! and one I'm going to go with now! So here you go:

What do you make of your first few weeks of Wii playing?

What are you most looking forward to in 2007 and why? it needn't be games it could be anything...

What was your Wow Wii Moment?- where the wiimote clicked, where the vision of Nintendo's all made sense.

you can either reply in this thread via the medium of text, orrrr you can send me an email at [email protected] with an audio version.

if you are typing each section should be no longer than 50 words and if you are talking the whole thing should only be 2 mins long

DEADLINE: Wednesday 3rd January

so that gives you just over a week.

hmm yeah could be... any other suggestions?

"Smack my bitch up" for the fresh part of the show! As i take a less than serious look at the goings on in the world of gaming.

"Smack my bitch up" for the fresh part of the show! As i take a less than serious look at the goings on in the world of gaming.

well erm... do one of the above "audition" methods I posted before..and we will see about it!

Sorry to do this wish I didn't have to, but too many people will make it made as it will simply have too many people chatting on it!

This selection process is only to get people for the first episode, after that will go though everyone in some fashion!

Still auditioning? I am keen :)

yep go for it! either send me an audio one or just answer the questions I posted earlier!

I've got six years of radio experience and i'm studying radio production if that helps. I love podcasts. :-p

I've got six years of radio experience and i'm studying radio production if that helps. I love podcasts. :-p

hmmm sounds good....

well I guess you still need to do the audition stuff- as it's not really to check technical ability, but what you've got to talk about.

Not had any yet. would people prefer it to be a random process? or something? just want to get this up and running. Or are people just gonna do it later? tell me what you think!

Isn't it best to make it like the radio news or something? There would be no need to aaudition, everyone just sends in their answers and you cut and paste them. This way you get replies from the 'general public'. There would be no need to audition, becaause I think it's just silly to send in your audition. If everybody just gives their answers there isn't any need for a discussion. Just opinions. For discussion, we got the forums.

That would work, but would be cool to bring discussion to the podcast between members etc... you say thats what the forum is for, but its like this podcast is bringing these discussions to another medium, and to run in tandem with the forum, as something fun for us...

whilst what you have said could work for a part of the show...I still think for a podcast to work it needs some discussion...

Could perhaps a mod place the thing with the important topics, so that everyone remains involved? Just an idea, though.

Flameboy: you're right, it's best to get the forum to a new medium.

everyone: I've posted my examplke on the following site. Tell me what you think: My personal Podcast (1:45)

Could perhaps a mod place the thing with the important topics, so that everyone remains involved? Just an idea, though.

Flameboy: you're right, it's best to get the forum to a new medium.

everyone: I've posted my examplke on the following site. Tell me what you think: My personal Podcast (1:45)

Yeah, good idea, I'll try and get that done, get it a sticky thread.

Yeah you see I'm hoping that the podcast could help generate even more discussion between us all, potentially, it will be different to the official one with any hope, as that only generates conversation about hot topics, but who knows if it doesn't kick off will abandon it.

Jasper very impressed on ur radio debut!

Sign in to follow this