NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ash_Pokemaster

Connecting Wii on the Computer

To begin with, I would like to wish Merry Christmas to all forum users. Hope you'll have a great day.

Well, sorry if this is not the right forum to make this topic, I thought I wouldn't make it in the Wii category, since this concerns other consoles as well.

Anyway, my question is on whether or not, Wii (or any other console) can be connected on the PC in order to be played. I remember trying once, I connected each of the cables on the graphic card, sound etc, it didn't work though.

I wonder if it requires any special software or hardware. If that's true, I would appreciate it if you could name them for me.

Thanks in advance. :)

A monitor like Telly said, yeah you can connect, but im not sure about a PC.

You'd just need a VGA cable which you can get for the Wii right now.

I used to have my GC going into my TV card on a composite lead, it lost alot of quality, the audio went into a headphone jack on the tv card too.

I saw a wii to crt connection on an import site, i'll have a look around see if i can find it again.

i think there are some tv/monitors that allow you to plug straight into them, but what you'll want is a TV card.

Look here: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11133

it has some sample images on how the composite picture will look like on PC monitor.

You'll need a tv card or a graphics card that has video in. Audio can be a problem though. I think you'd need a cable/adapter that has two female rca's on one end and a 3.5mm jack on the other like this. Then plug the 3.5mm jack to the line in socket on your soundcard/chip. And the two audio leads from the wii to the adapter/cable.

For software I use VLC to play on my monitor. Might need some tweaking to get it working smoothly. But there's more on that on the other thread I mentioned.

Hmm. I need some major help on this.

Basically I want to get a transcoder so I can run my Wii to my monitor (either a Scart -> VGA or a Component -> VGA). Now. I really need to find a box which supports 576i, 480i and 480p. Because I'm having trouble clarifying this...(especially for 480i...).

Any help?

you need a special adapter (composite to usb) the adapter will come with the software you need.

Sign in to follow this