NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Iron Maiden @ Earls Court 23rd December

What an incredible show.

I saw Iron Maiden for the first time in my life and it was phenomenal! They played their whole new album and it sounded 10 times better than on the CD. It was such an immense performance.

Incredible.

If anyone has their new album or went on the tour Im sure you'd find the songs These Colours Dont Run, Brighter than a thousand suns, For the Greater good of God and The Legacy to be truly awesome.

They finished with 5 other classic songs including the amazing Fear of the Dark. It was so fun because I sang along to every song because I knew virtually every word. Top of my voice. Its a shame they wont be doing another A Matter of Life and Death tour again...

I thought this deserved a thread because it was one of the greatest moments of my life. Will have to see them again.

Up the Irons!

aww what a shame, I missed the Gremlins.

I saw them at Sheffield on Monday, everyword you said there i felt the same. It was my first ever "big" gig ive gone to, now i know what i was missing. My throat was on its last legs when i came out, you can really belt it in there.

It was cool when he asked everyone to get out their lighters on "Out Of The Shadows" and across the arena all little lights started appearing... truly amazing. Also when Eddie came out in the tank, i'd read about Maiden's big stage shows and was looking forward to something like that to happen.

Next for me will be download, with another chance to see maiden :D

did they play mother russia? I really think its the greatest song by them with regards instramentals. soo over looked

Saw them at Newcastle Arena the other week.

They were even better than the last time I saw them. I really can't add much more to whats already been said to be honest. Except that people are claiming it's the best tour they've done since the World Slavery tour in 84.

Their olds tuff is better,t hat's why i thought they were so good at Leeds fest last year.

To the above, and seriously im not being biased here, i prefer the new music. Brave New World is fantastic and A Matter of Life and Death is such a kick-ass album im so glad they played all of it. Every song they just belted out 100% and it sounded incredible (im running out of adjectives now). Its nothing like Ive ever experienced. It was just totally fun singing along and i just melted into the crowd and had a ball. Nothing else crosses your mind when the concert begins, you just get absorbed in the music. Its truly amazing.

They were good last night, but the playlist was rubbish. The new album in my opinion isn't all good as everyone else thinks. And not playing such awesome songs like Run to the Hills, The Trooper (my favourite I add) and The Number of the Beast, was a very big let down.

Because I don't listen to the new album at all really, I couldn't get into the songs because I didn't knwo them, so I didn't feel I got into the show until Fear of the Dark was played.

I saw them in Manchester on the 14th.

They were awesome, but I agree, as good as the new album is, that they should have played more old stuff.

The crowd singing along to the Guitar part at the start of Fear of the Dark was phenomenal.

Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I was very, very glad they didn't play Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast. Two of the most overrated songs i've ever heard. Every song on the new album is better than those two.

To Nintendinosaur and Ramar, you should see the Iron Maiden forums. They hate people who dislike the setlist because it hasnt got enough of the classics. We've all heard them, they've played the songs you love time and time again in their tours so new material is very welcome.

And 'Because I don't listen to the new album at all really, I couldn't get into the songs because I didn't knwo them' - then why didnt you listen to the new album? Of course you wont enjoy it as much if you dont know any of the songs. I did, i got really into it and was singing along the whole way through. Twas extremely fun.

And 'Because I don't listen to the new album at all really, I couldn't get into the songs because I didn't knwo them' - then why didnt you listen to the new album? Of course you wont enjoy it as much if you dont know any of the songs. I did, i got really into it and was singing along the whole way through. Twas extremely fun.

Because I had more interesting music to listen to.

How do you know it was more interesting if you hadnt heard AMOLAD before? What music?

Argh, have to go - watching a film. Bye

Love to argue with you Ramar but hey, Its Christmas!:santa:

How do you know it was more interesting if you hadnt heard AMOLAD before? What music?

Argh, have to go - watching a film. Bye

Love to argue with you Ramar but hey, Its Christmas!:santa:

Firstly it was interesting because I preferred the other cds, secondly I've listened to AMOLAD several times. Finally I'm not arguing, merely stating my opinion.

I wanted to see them in Sheffield, but by the time I found out that I could do, there were no decent places left. I loved the new album (IMO it's their best one).

Went to see them in Birmingham, was an amazing night. I loved them playing their new album, I just wish they had only played something like 7 or 8 of their new album, because a few of their songs were actually quite boring. Fear of the dark was orgasmic, they should have played the trooper though. Oh and the tank was also awesome.

I still find that the only album that has stayed in my car since it got a CD player is Number of the Beast. That album is fucking amazing. Run to the Hills, Children of the Damned, Hallowed be thy Name, The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue et al. I would love to see them live, but I've never had the chance!

Sign in to follow this