NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

My Christmas Miracle

I think some of you can guess what this is before you even read this thread. I've been posting about this in the meaningless post thread for the last few days.

For those of you who don't know, my brother went missing on Thursday night.

By Friday afternoon, the police had been notified. Things were really, really bleak.

His friends had been around our house all the next day, and all of yesterday, asking what they could do. They went out searching for him, in their cars. Driving.

Neighbours have been helping, too. Thinking about it now, it's really, really remarkable how so many people came together to look for this person. Still not finding anything, but looking.

He came back today.

His ordeal: he was held at gunpoint, and forced to drive for more or less 2 days straight. No food. Little rest.

He was taken from Newport to Worcester. He was then left by himself, and had to make his own way home.

He had no money, no phone, and was restless. He got home by catching 2 trains, without paying, as he had no money.

The fact that he made it home is a miracle. But, thinking about how all his friends, and family came together to look for him. None of us found him, but we looked nevertheless.

At some moments, I thought I would never see my brother again. I remembered the last conversation we had, and I felt a lot of guilt inside. How could I let this happen? What can I do to get him back?

I spent most of last night staying awake, listening out for him. I heard cars drive by, but occassionally a few would stop, and I would listen out for the doorbell, or the sound of a key turning in the lock. But, the cars would just drive off.

I cried last night. Probably the most I've ever cried. When it comes to films, I bawl like a baby. But, I always try to keep my composure with this. Showing yourself crying to others just seems wrong, cos I should be keeping things together.

I also had a dream, about my brother coming home. I had a dream that he would just walk through the door like nothing had happened, and everything would be ok.

It's strange, but when he walked through that door earlier, it felt just like my dream. In my head, I was putting pieces together, and I thought that maybe my brother was never going to come home.

Somewhere else, I knew he was fine. I didn't admit this to anyone, but I just knew I'd see him again.

It just seemed like..like things weren't going to go our way. I was terrified at the thought of what might be happening to him.

But, when he came home, it just felt like it was always going to happen this way. He wasn't harmed. He was tired and hungry, but he felt no pain.

I feel sick at the idea that one person could do this much damage to a family by, in effect, kidnapping this boy.

But, I feel comfort in the fact that I know other people too their time to look for him. We knew we weren't going to find him this way, but we tried anyway. People comforted us. I received support on here when I really needed it. I had friends who I could talk to for support.

I've never believed in miracles before. As I've said to other people, I believe in luck, I believe in fate..but I don't believe in miracles.

But this is truely a miracle. It's a miracle he had the strength and courage to deal with what is happening with him. It's a miracle he even made it home. I also think its a miracle how other people just took time out of their lives, out of their christmas in effect, to do what they could to help in any way they could.

Merry Christmas to you all. I would never wish this ordeal on anybody. But, somewhere in your lives, I hope you all find your own christmas miracles.

That's fantastic news man. I hope your brother is OK soon

Best wishes amigo. merry Christmas

I'm glad for you that your brother is back safe and sound, it would ahve been such a tragedy for him to ahve not come abck before christmas.

Thoguh whenever i can quote futurama i will:

They went out searching for him, in their cars. Driving.

I was walking, in the woods, for bigfoot, looking.

I'm glad it all turned out ok. Hows your brother coping with it now?

Hope the police catch the bastards that did it.

There are a lot of bastards in this world, its a shame your family got caught up in it.

I hope you get to the bottom of this and put it behind you. Then have a good Christmas Flinky. Best wishes to you dude!

Thats wonderful and this post was so moving too, you have quite the way with words, I guess because they are straight from the heart.

I know this doesn't matter to you now, you are just glad he is home and everything else is superflous (sp?) but do you have any idea on a motive or culprit? If you don't care, thats understandable.

Happy Christmas.

Your story made me sad:(. Im happy your brother is home safe :).

I WANT TO WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VERY MARY CHRISTMAS!

That's really great news, flinky! I hope neither him, you, or the rest of your family are hurt by the experience.

Does your brother know the guy who made him drive there? Did they run off with the car afterwards?

WOW

Such a sad story but i'm so glad he managed to get home safe. Have a great Christmas dude but what's happening next? with the police and stuff . . .

I'm happy for you that he's come back... I suppose you can all concentrate on having a good Christmas now.

That terrible, and excellent. I hope your brother is ok and won't be scarred by the experience - though chances are when something like this which is so scary and traumatic he'll need some time to recover.

Hope you're all (your family that is) ok and my Mother and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

What the fuck...

Its totally sick how some one could do this, why couldnt they of just taken his car and leave him safe? Sure, you still lose something, but thats just adding a hell of alot more hurt for the sake of it.

Hope your family have a good christmas flink, its a shame that you had to be caught up because of some emotionless prick.

That's a really moving post, it made me really sad. I'm glad your brother turned up, and we can only wish the worst onto those bastards that took him.

fuck that's sick....

Well at least he's back now anyway.The best christmas present you could hope for is a happy family

When we were talking about it it didn't seem real, that we were actually discussing where a missing/kidnapped person could be. So I can't imagine how terrible it must have been for you. I'm really happy your brother turned up safe, hope he's alright after it all.

Im glad he is ok Flinky... his ordeal sound horrible.. cant believe that happened.

One question, when he was stuck in worcester why did he not go to the police instead of making his own way home... they could have contacted you straight away and could have took him home.

I'm really happy for you man, it's great things turned out good. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Im really glad it all worked out Flinky this is one christmas you will never forget! Happy Christmas :smile:

hey, i'm sad to hear you and your family had to go through this. I'm sure you'll have an amazing christmas now. I hope your brother recieves some professional support to make sure he'll okay after going through such a traumatic experience.

I'm so glad it all turned out ok in the end Flinky, hope they catch the scumbag who did it.

Yay!!! Im so glad everythings sorted out and your brothers alright, got me thinking a few times over the last couple of days, was quite sickened when thinking about it.

Im watching Its a Wonderful Life at the Moment, im suddenly enjoying Christmas.

Sign in to follow this