NEurope
david.dakota

Zoonami's Game Zero - still coming?

I recall Zoonami, headed by Goldeneye maestro Martin Hollis, were working with Nintendo on an unspecified game, codenamed Game Zero. But nothing has been seen of it ever, and no mention for eons (well, years at least).

Are Zoonami still a working company?!

Is Game Zero headed for Wii? Or maybe Super Wii? Or Wii64..?

I may be totally wrong here but didn't they announce it was a rhythm/action game called something like Funkyzilla or Funkydilla. Then I think it was canned.

I may be totally wrong here but didn't they announce it was a rhythm/action game called something like Funkyzilla or Funkydilla. Then I think it was canned.

No they were making Game Zero as well as Funkydilla.

Zoonami is a video game development company, founded in 2000 by Martin Hollis. Zoonami has been one of the most mysterious game developers in the world. The company continues to exist despite never having released a product since its creation.

Projects

There was a supposed Gamecube project in the works known as "Game Zero." There has been no news of it in almost five years.

Subsequently they announced a prototype of the one-button music game Funkydilla, which has not yet been released.

In October 2006 they announced Zendoku, a Sudoku-based game, for the Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable.

Or it could also be coming out on the Wii.

Just ignore solintaze, he's just making things up again.

IGN say its been cancelled.

It won;t happen, and that music game sounds appalling. One game that did disappear that looked really cool at the time was Riqa for the N64, anyone remember that?

I'm not sure about Zoonami. I think people give them too much credit and i dont mean to be harse on them. But seriously, what have their contributions been? 6 years up and running and having not released anything. Of the things they've announced, it really doesnt sound too interesting.

As for Martin Hollis, yes he was a member of the Goldeneye team, but damn, that's 10 years ago. And the core GoldenEye team still is at Free Radical. That Game Zero project sounded interesting, but i fear the game didnt came along, since their team consists of only a few men.

I still hope Zoonami brings something good to the table, either with or without the help of Nintendo. But they do need to show us something before we've all but forgotten about them.

Btw, we havent heard much anymore of Nebris huh?

Nibris are still making Raid Over The River (DS) and Sadness on the Wii. We got a new Sadness trailer not too long ago I think...

I'm not sure about Zoonami. I think people give them too much credit and i dont mean to be harse on them. But seriously, what have their contributions been? 6 years up and running and having not released anything. Of the things they've announced, it really doesnt sound too interesting.

As for Martin Hollis, yes he was a member of the Goldeneye team, but damn, that's 10 years ago. And the core GoldenEye team still is at Free Radical. That Game Zero project sounded interesting, but i fear the game didnt came along, since their team consists of only a few men.

I still hope Zoonami brings something good to the table, either with or without the help of Nintendo. But they do need to show us something before we've all but forgotten about them.

You can tell Free Radical are the ture Goldeneye heirs, just play TimeSplitters, it brings back memories. I'd love them to make a game with a proper story and much more involving single player mode. Don;t get me wrong, I love Timesplitters, but I just long for more.

... It lives!!

Senior Programmer for Wii

Zoonami is a small and dynamic independent games developer based in the beautiful town of Cambridge, 50 minutes from London by train.

We are currently looking for a senior programmer to join our team in a casual and friendly working environment. The position is exceptional as it involves many aspects of programming, including technical, creative and gameplay elements, so you will be expected to have a broad range of experience and a willingness to learn and work in a variety of areas on the Wii platform.

Responsibilities:

* Design and develop robust code

* Maintain, optimise and debug source code

* Liaise with the development team to benefit project quality and time

* Innovate and improve game features throughout production

Requirements:

* Good knowledge of C or C++

* Strong analytical, engineering, and organisational abilities

* Good written and verbal communication skills

* Good time management skills

* Ability to work in a diverse and creative team environment

* 3 or more years programming experience

Source: http://www.zoonami.com/assignments/

* runs away *

Yes, Zoonami are still with us. They developed the soon-to-be-released Zendoku for DS and PSP, to be published by Eidos next Friday. :)

It's been renamed Project Z3796WP because the magazine of the same name complained. I think it's still in the works somehow...apparently Zoonami have quite a few "long term projects". It's better be good though if it ever does materialise.

They were in hibernation, now that spring came, it's time to work.

C/C++ skills required means they're actually making console games.. Seeing the size of the team I don't expect anything more than DS or PSP games however; a dev of that size making a game of the supposed scale of Game Zero really shouldn't be bothering with something like Zendoku.

i'm sure i read somewhere martin saying that the game formally known as game zero was in development but wouldn't be out this year and he doesn't want to show it off til its nearer to coming out

C/C++ skills required means they're actually making console games.. Seeing the size of the team I don't expect anything more than DS or PSP games however; a dev of that size making a game of the supposed scale of Game Zero really shouldn't be bothering with something like Zendoku.

I think Zendoku is just something to keep the banks/publishers off their backs. A developer working for 6 years without releasing a title cant be in a great way money wise