NEurope
The3rdChildren

Gremlins - Channel 4 @ 4:05pm TODAY (Saturday)

You've heard of the comedian Ross Noble before have you Guy? On one of his DVD's theres a great segment where he argues that the Bible can't be the greatest story ever told because Gremlins is.

Seriously? I'm totally going to look into that. Thanks man.

Seriously? I'm totally going to look into that. Thanks man.

Yeah, it's on the bonus disc of his Unrealtime DVD. It's only a 2 minuite segment, but it's very funny. As is all of his stuff.

Reading that post shouldn't have hurt so much...

And no, Gremlins is genuinely my favourite movie. It has everything you could want - cute creatures, nasty creatures - all of whom are puppets, naive youth, a hot bar maid, old angry women dying in a chair lift accident, inventors, a cool-talking black highschool professor, a bizarre concept, Corey Feldman dressed as a Christmas Tree, a cool leader Gremlin with a mohawk, -that- kitchen scene half-responsible for the PG-13 rating in America... GIZMO! I said GIZMO!

I could go on.

PG - 13 wha?! I thought they would of given it R, it's rated 15 here, i'm surprised it was shown in the day, was probably heavily cut.

But the film is legendary, and I'm annoyed that I was working while this was on :weep:

Yeah, it's on the bonus disc of his Unrealtime DVD. It's only a 2 minuite segment, but it's very funny. As is all of his stuff.

Yeah, Ross Noble is a bit of a legend. Saw him last year. :)

I will try and hunt out that segment, too.

CGI Gremlins? Maybe it won't be that bad, if they could make it look non-CGI. That's the thing with CGI, it's used because it's easier and cheaper(I imagine), but it can ruin films slightly because it isn't at the point yet where it is realistic enough to be unnoticed as CGI, if that makes sense. They used it in the spiderman films, and possibly the only thing I have issue with in them, you can see the bits with it and they look a bit unrealistic cos of the way he's moving, it's just not quite natural looking.

What time is Gremlins 2 on tomorrow? I'm probably gonna miss it cos I'm at work in the afternoon, but I might be able to slack off and watch TV while I'm there :D

There's some awesome stuff in Planet Hollywood, NY. My favourite was the original stand-on keyboard from 'Big'. Hung up on the wall.

And they had a small model death star and some fighters that were used.