NEurope
The3rdChildren

Gremlins - Channel 4 @ 4:05pm TODAY (Saturday)

Just wanted to toss a friendly reminder to anyone mooching around at 4pm today without anything genuinely exciting to do that the greatest movie ever made is airing on Channel 4 today.

Gremlins is the tale of Christmas in Kingston Falls. When aspiring cartoonist Billy Peltzer's father brings him home the most unusual of Christmas presents - Mogwai, a furry little creature named Gizmo who must never be gotten wet, exposed to sunlight or fed after midnight.

But rules were made to be broken and it isn't long before all chaos breaks loose with the Mogwai becoming hideous Gremlins, with Billy and Gizmo racing against time to stop them from ruining Christmas. Epic puppet goodness.

Anyway, it's a classic so you'd better all watch it. :(

:

---

God I hope they aren't showing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on another channel. If a recent Eurofusion poll is anything to go by, that would not end well.

Is it the one where all of the green things (gremlins) get drunk in a pub and start wrecking havock? If so, i thought it was rubbish. It is a sarcastic post, right!?

Its silly how they multiply in water.

Very strange.

Is it the one where all of the green things (gremlins) get drunk in a pub and start wrecking havock? If so, i thought it was rubbish. It is a sarcastic post, right!?

Very strange.

Reading that post shouldn't have hurt so much...

And no, Gremlins is genuinely my favourite movie. It has everything you could want - cute creatures, nasty creatures - all of whom are puppets, naive youth, a hot bar maid, old angry women dying in a chair lift accident, inventors, a cool-talking black highschool professor, a bizarre concept, Corey Feldman dressed as a Christmas Tree, a cool leader Gremlin with a mohawk, -that- kitchen scene half-responsible for the PG-13 rating in America... GIZMO! I said GIZMO!

I could go on.

Very strange.

:cry: dont bad mouth gremlins

cheers for the heads up but seen it so many times before....gremlins 2 is on tomorrow i think and havent seen that in a while so will see that

I probably would have been moping around today, I probably will on C-E (christmas eve that is) but I dont give a damn about this movie because this evening, my friends, Im going to see IRON MAIDEN at earls court

tooshay!

Ive never seen Gremlins.

Really? then you must watch!

I used to be really scared of this film when I was ickle...until the 2nd one came out and I found that to be quite funny :)

Alternatively, for anyone who wishes to watch good movies, The Nightmare Before Christmas is on BBC2 at 4:45. A better alternative to this puppety tripe.

I might check out Nightmare Before Xmas, since I have never seen it. There's some quality Xmas TV'age going on this year:

Today

Some Like it Hot

Speed

Apollo 13

Jaws

Love Actually

Wold Creek

Dog Town and Z Boys

Christmas Eve

A Christmas Carol << very good!

Chicken Run

Bandits

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=1859&programmeId=53739614&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jsp]Dangerous Liasons

Calender Girls

Christmas Day!

Harry Potter atPS

Gladiator

And that's not forgetting Channel 5 re-running Prison Break.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little/a lot.

I used to be really scared of this film when I was ickle

Same here, i'm not very fond on puppets, they're freaky ( The muppets are kool though )

I will watch it again, got nothing else better to do.

To the post above: Don't forget Pirates of the Caribbean

To the post above: Don't forget Pirates of the Caribbean

Its a highly overrated film, but whens it on?

By the way.. these are all available on Freeview. Fuck you Murdoch/Sky.

Its a highly overrated film, but whens it on?

By the way.. these are all available on Freeview. Fuck you Murdoch/Sky.

Boxing day 7:30pm BBC 1

Along with:

ET - ITV1 4.10PM

Gremlins is a brilliant film, not seen the first one many times and I prefer it to the second.

:heart: Gizmo!

May watch it, or perhaps watch A Nightmare Before Christmas instead. Haven't seen either before...

Boxing day has some amazing films too:

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

ET < must watch

Pirates...

The Shawshank Redemption

Once, again, sorry for the thread hijack..

I have fond memories of Bedknobs and Broomsticks... mainly because it once set my aunt into hysterics when she watched it with us. There's one line where the youngest kid says 'what's that got to do with my knob?' and she was gone lmao.

Also, Shawshank Redemption is a brilliant film. If you haven't seen it then make sure you tune in.

Also, Shawshank Redemption is a brilliant film. If you haven't seen it then make sure you tune in.

Ahhh i started watching this at school just before the holidays, only got about 50 mins into it. From what i've seen it looks great, will tune in and finish it off.

Very strange.

Ban this insolent Fool! Sarcasm be damned.

God I love Gremlins, thanks for telling me, something to watch while making mince pies.

I might check out Nightmare Before Xmas, since I have never seen it. There's some quality Xmas TV'age going on this year:

Today

Some Like it Hot

Speed

Apollo 13

Jaws

Love Actually

Wold Creek

Dog Town and Z Boys

Christmas Eve

A Christmas Carol << very good!

Chicken Run

Bandits

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=1859&programmeId=53739614&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jsp]Dangerous Liasons

Calender Girls

Christmas Day!

Harry Potter atPS

Gladiator

And that's not forgetting Channel 5 re-running Prison Break.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little/a lot.

Wow thanks Blackfox much appreciated :)