NEurope
Charlie

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

has any one bothered to preorder this bitch?

I really can't be bothered, every year there's a huage hype but the publisher always near enough meets demand, and theres always copies of it in ASDA and other super markets piling high and with a sticker price of about 7 quid less than everywhere else.

soooo, this year i shall just be going down to the supermarket or, more likely, sending my mom for me mwahahahahahahaaaaa!

I should've preordered it yesterday... I'm going to midnight it I think. :heh:

I pre-ordered it the day the date was announced.

No way i'm going to midnight a book.

I pre-ordered it the day the date was announced.

No way i'm going to midnight a book.

Boooo. :heh:

I midnighted Order of the Pheonix I think, my first ever midnight launch. I'll be getting the book a whole 10 hours (depending when your post comes) before you, and I will be reading non-stop all that day.

Waterstones in the Thistle Centre always opens at Midnight for Harry Potter, loads of people go to it, way more than were at Gamestation for the Wii. You should come, its awesome. Even more geeky than the Wii. :p

Boooo. :heh:

I midnighted Order of the Pheonix I think, my first ever midnight launch. I'll be getting the book a whole 10 hours (depending when your post comes) before you, and I will be reading non-stop all that day.

If I went to midnight it I would only read it for an hour or so then go to sleep.

But then again I have an ASDA and Tesco a few minutes away from me...

I'll probably preorder it at the last moment, then read it before the rest of my family have a chance.

There is an ASDA just a few minutes from my house. And a bonus is that it won't cost as much when I get it. 10% discount ftw. :smile:

Waterstones in the Thistle Centre always opens at Midnight for Harry Potter, loads of people go to it, way more than were at Gamestation for the Wii. You should come, its awesome. Even more geeky than the Wii. :p

So geeky is positive now?

Honestly, i can't wait for the book either but my brother won't buy it untill the translation makes way to our shores. And the translation sound stupid. I'll retranslate it for you to show you why: I beleive in English it's aan Horcrux, in dutch it is a 'gruzielement', wich,retranslated (literally) means 'soulement'. Soul + Element. Now how stupid is that? I'm getting the english one as soon as it's in.

Possibly that has something to do with the amount of copies...

Anyway, I'll probably read my mum's copy over the summer hols.

So geeky is positive now?

Honestly, i can't wait for the book either but my brother won't buy it untill the translation makes way to our shores. And the translation sound stupid. I'll retranslate it for you to show you why: I beleive in English it's aan Horcrux, in dutch it is a 'gruzielement', wich,retranslated (literally) means 'soulement'. Soul + Element. Now how stupid is that? I'm getting the english one as soon as it's in.

Since when is "gruziel" the same as "ziel"?

I think the Dutch translation is done very well and have no complaints about it at all. I don't want to try and "look cool" by reading the English one, when the Dutch one will be a lot easier to read and understand. *shrugs*

It's just the waiting part that's bad, but it's summer then anyway so I'll probably be busy.

They look retarded,and what's with that gnome and money in the background?

Why couldn't it have a cool cover like Halfblood Prince.

Here are the full covers:

UK Children's edition

UK Adults' edition

US edition

I agree that the UK version is hideous - quite possible the worst of the seven books. It's really garish, and the characters look red-faced and ugly. Good job for Rowling that people won't be judging this book by its cover.

They look retarded,and what's with that gnome and money in the background?

Why couldn't it have a cool cover like Halfblood Prince.

Ah yes...I see the so called "gnome" now. Must be Dobby joining them on an adventure! He is Harry's "slave" now I belive.

Here's the full US one, with Voldemort in it to kinda ruin the look of it.

dhusfull.jpg

I guess I can be glad then that the Dutch versions of the book have completely different covers (which never show the face of the characters, which I think is a good thing).

Here's the full US one, with Voldemort in it to kinda ruin the look of it.

dhusfull.jpg

ok...both whereing the same gear and reaching for something and in a stadium? veeeeeeeery interesting