NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Madnessx9

Wii tennis

Hey guys.. been playing Wii sports and its great fun :D

I have noticed a problem though.. i'm getting skill points on every game EXCEPT tennis.. i was given points in one game.. 145 then that was it.. never again.. i have played many games and gotten nothing and none of my firends playing with me either.

what am i doing wrong ? O_o

..I assume you're winning games, yes? How convincingly? And what rating is the opposition?

It does seem very strange because I've barely played a game of anything where the rating hasn't changed..

Hope it sorts itself out, man!

Well i am playing against my friends.. and whoever wins gets nothing

Maybe it is only in single player?

but then why would i get points playing against my friends in golf bowling boxing :S

it makes no sense :(

Well i am playing against my friends.. and whoever wins gets nothing

Maybe it is only in single player?

but then why would i get points playing against my friends in golf bowling boxing :S

it makes no sense :(

You know, I had this problem earlier as well. We would get points in bowling or golf, but not in tennis.

Could it be because it's harder to rank somebody in a tennis match? For example, in golf, you have the par system. If you take 20 shots to putt a ball, it's safe to assume that you have a low ranking.

But, in tennis, against other humans...maybe it's just unranked?

yea you only get points in tennis if your playing against computer controlled players, don't really know why, maybe its to easy to cheat the system against a human player? Your not technically relying on another players performance in golf or bowling, just on your own skill.

It's easy to cheat on tennis, whilst you still have to try on others.

My skill level is 1914 I think... might be higher, but yeah, you only get them against the computer.

Yeah, you only get skill points from the Computer AI for some reason. I'm sure I'd be in the thousands if we got them for multi too :P

If you do crap it goes down though.

I'm usually much worse against human players than the computer.

Anyone implemented the flicking exploit where you'll practically never miss?

No, because then you're cheating yourself and should erase all your Wii Sports data. (Maybe once is okay just to try though:))

You know, I had this problem earlier as well. We would get points in bowling or golf, but not in tennis.

Could it be because it's harder to rank somebody in a tennis match? For example, in golf, you have the par system. If you take 20 shots to putt a ball, it's safe to assume that you have a low ranking.

But, in tennis, against other humans...maybe it's just unranked?

yea you only get points in tennis if your playing against computer controlled players, don't really know why, maybe its to easy to cheat the system against a human player? Your not technically relying on another players performance in golf or bowling, just on your own skill.

Yes that is true, the difference between multi-player golf and bowling to tennis, baseball and boxing is that whatever you score playing golf or bowling has nothing to do with the other player, if you finish a round of golf 3 under par, but your human openent finishes 4 under, your round has still been a damn good round! Whereas if you win three games of tennis in a row against some one who has never played before and doesn't know how to best time the swing of the racquet, it does not mean that you are a good player!

What flicking exploit?

What flicking exploit?

Not sure if its the same one, but i have found that if you are recieiving a server and you lightly flick the controller at the right time it will send the ball into the far corner of the court and it is impossible for the the other payer to hit it. Works every time.

It gets boring that way, although I use it on the serve to get the fast one every time.

Never really knew when that happened, though it happened to me - that exploit. But can anyone tell me the 'always strike' trick that Matt Cassamassina thought up? I can't remember it (nor understand it when they wrote it down in plain english. those guys make a mess of simplicity).

In baseball i can get a home run practically every time on the home run training mode by just giving the controller a little jerk rather than swinging it.

Yeah the flicking technique is so much more boring, its much more satisfying nailing the tennis techique for real, I've got a mean cross court forehand, annoyingly my backhands aren't up to scratch and I very rarely win points from the net, unless there are no players down one side and I shift the play....

God listen to me acting like its real!

Surely the flicking technique is as pointless and boring as using a ruler to get a strike every time on bowling in 42 All time classics! It's not fun, it doesn't say anything about your skill, it's not how the game was meant to be played!

Like snaking in mario kart, although that can be quite hard to do sometimes.

still not truly skillful though.

I just lost a game and still gained points! By the way how do you direct shots against the angle you would naturally shoot?

Say your open forehand points one way can you shoot the other way I try but it just seems to change the angle or spin rather than the direction. I guess thats realistic as you cant move your player.

I wish the had got the scoring right in this, it really isn't fair how 1 person gets more serves than the other. You should be able to play best of 3 (but 2 games ahead), and play a full set with a tie-break at 6-6.

I wish the had got the scoring right in this, it really isn't fair how 1 person gets more serves than the other. You should be able to play best of 3 (but 2 games ahead), and play a full set with a tie-break at 6-6.

A bit dissapointing, yes, but it's meant to be a simple game; for everybody, and not everybody knows the rules of tennis in and out.

I just lost a game and still gained points! By the way how do you direct shots against the angle you would naturally shoot?

Say your open forehand points one way can you shoot the other way I try but it just seems to change the angle or spin rather than the direction. I guess thats realistic as you cant move your player.

I won a game and lost points the other day. To direct shots the other way you just have to time your shot really well, and even then, it doesn't go at a particularly large angle. It's quite hard to do.

I won a game and lost points the other day.

Yeah, that's happened to me, too.

You usually lose points if you've played a bit...crap. I had quite a few duff games in boxing the other game, and my skill level dropped.

However, you can lose games and gain a higher skill level. Usually due to your performance. :D

Sign in to follow this