NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

Firefox - Latest Update

Anyone else had this update screw up any of the menu's at the top.

Stuff like whenever I click on a drop down menu, it does nothing. Also some bookmark folders don't show their sub-folders as well.

I'm annoyed, I ain't got time to fuck about and try and sort this, when I know if I hadn't of done this update it would of still all worked like before.

Already uninstalled and installed it again. Same problems.

I moved ontp IE7 after months of Firefox errors, then and IE now is more secure than Firefox.

Stuff like whenever I click on a drop down menu, it does nothing. Also some bookmark folders don't show their sub-folders as well.

I'm annoyed, I ain't got time to fuck about and try and sort this, when I know if I hadn't of done this update it would of still all worked like before.

nope v2.0.0.1 works fine

K, cheers. And Fresh, changing browser is not what I want. I know IE7 is pretty good nowadays, but I'm too used to Firefox now.

Looks like I'll have to try making a new profile. Hopefully it'll sort it.

Edit - Uninstalled the Theme I was using, and now it's fine. Cheers for posting anyway you two.

K, cheers. And Fresh, changing browser is not what I want. I know IE7 is pretty good nowadays, but I'm too used to Firefox now.

Your choice, however i thought IE7 would be crap and its turned oout great! and great big fresh thumbs up!

mine was doing the same thing but i just got an update for the theme i am using and everything is working fine now.

Yep, exactly the same happened to me. Couldn't open the tools menu. Had to use the keyboard shortcut (alt+t) and then change my firefox theme, which was what seemed to be causing the problem. Try removing any theme you have on and see if that helps, think some of them don't work right with the new version.

No problems with 2.0.0.1 and let ME say that Microsoft's Frankenstein is too recent to know if its any good.

The problem seemed to be with users having certain themes installed. That was all.

Give Opera 9 a go. Its free anyway now and the most full featured browser out of the box.

Install the new IE but its still not worth making it a main browser.

Opera is my main with Firefox being my tools (extension heavy) browser.

Give Opera 9 a go. Its free anyway now and the most full featured browser out of the box.

Install the new IE but its still not worth making it a main browser.

Opera is my main with Firefox being my tools (extension heavy) browser.

Totally agree with you there. Opera has so many more features in it that Firefox does from the outset, for one, the tabbed browsing actually works without having to install an extension. It does everything you need it to do, without having to install any plugins.

for one, the tabbed browsing actually works without having to install an extension. It does everything you need it to do, without having to install any plugins.

I don't recall ever having to install a plug-in to make tabs work.

For me Firefox 2 has worked fine for me in every version since the beta. I still think IE7 is crappy. I hate the layout, a few tab things annoy me, and there are still problems with gifs.

Opera seems nice, I tried it a few weeks ago. I still like the KDE browser.

IE7 is a remarkably good little browser. I use it on my laptop, but i still use Slimbrowser on my main machine. I love that thing...

I don't recall ever having to install a plug-in to make tabs work.

The first (and last) version of Firefox I used, even after changing the options, would still open up new windows on links that should open up in a new tab, middle click would open a new window rather than tab, and cmd*+n would open a new window and there was no way you could change it to open a new tab instead (I know cmd+t does that, but I wanted cmd+n to do it)

*cmd on a Mac is the Apple button, its control on the Windows keyboard for these shortcuts.

Right-click > Open in new tab or Right-click > Open in new window. It's always been there, just that when it did things that way, not every browser used tabs.

But now after IE7's launch, they set it so that new windows now open in a new tab. Some people hate it this way though, and these people just don't understand the point of tabs.....like my Dad.

Sign in to follow this