NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Sushi

I saw a program on TV last night about Sushi. I was only watching it because the guy was in Japan, but I watched it through to the end and it got me thinking.

I hate fish (mostly) but the program, watching everyone eating Sushi and enjoying it, made me wonder, and now I want to try it, but from what he said, the best stuff is in Japan because it is so fresh, which is how it is supposed to be.

Have you ever had it, where from and did you like it?

I've made my own sushi with smoked salmon, which was quite nice, and I've bought it from Marks and Spencers which I didn't like very much. So I haven't had authentic sushi, but on the whole I'm a bit apathetic towards it. Ramen, on the other hand...

I've had super market sushi, not the proper stuff though. If its anything like the stuff at tesco's, its fuckin awesome.

I'd like to try it, but sometiems it can look offputting, if I went to a japanese restaurant however i would try it.

I do like fish but as for sushi I dont really fancy it to be honest.... However I im sure I'll give it a try one day.

I've been to an upmarket Japanese restaurant in Holborn (called Matsuri) and it was delicious. The stuff you get in the supermarkets is no way as good.

We just had a place open in town called SoAsia or FoodAsia or something like that, its a resturant anyway, when I'm in town tomorrow I might take a gander at the menu.

Ive had sushi a few times... with crab in it Im pretty sure. With a touch of wasabi it went down a treat. I cant mind if there was any other fish in it, but it was very good. Im a fan of fish dishes though so I was always (hopefully!) gonna be impressed with it.

Its best fun making your own, get the wee bamboo roller thing and youre laughin :bouncy: (however, try it in the resto too, and see if its up to scratch.)

Best sushi I've every had was from the oriental restaurant Elements. If you want to try it get a taster box from M&S for a quid. Make sure you let it warm up a bit as its not a nice cold.

All the sushi I've had before had been steamed and then cooled so I've never really had it proper raw.

I watched a tiny bit of that program before going back to zelda.

Never tried sushi.

Does smoked count as cooked?

Well, kind of...

But I bet most of the people who refuse to eat raw fish would eat it.

I lived with a chinese chef for a little bit and he made awesome sushi.

Other than that their is a sushi bar in glasgow that I go to with the conveyor belts and the chef in the centre. That place is also awesome, and expensive.

But if your trying sushi for the first time I really don't recomend any supermarket brand. None of them amounts up to real sushi.

My 'landlady' made Sushi once, was alright but not my thing. Bought her a Sushi set and some Wasabi for Christmas, so I'd imagine we'll have some more soon.

Oh, its goooooooood. You dip it in soy sauce with wasabi, hmmmm sushi.... hmmmm organized crime....

I tried it, a few months ago actually.

Was disgusting, and I almost threw up right where I was sitting in the restaurant where I was eating it.

Never again.

I hate fish.

Raw fish = vomit comet ahoy.

I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!

Whoever gets that reference gets a cookie.

Back on topic never had it will have it one day I guess probably on a special occasion.

Sign in to follow this