NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Sushi

Well I bought a pack of sushi from Tescos and it was absolutely disgusting, but hey I don't like raw fish. I especially didn't like the sauce stuff that came with it, looked like mouldy nob cheese tbh.

I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!

Whoever gets that reference gets a cookie.

QUOTE]

Yeah well maybe, maybe i don't want your cookie!!!!!

I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!

Whoever gets that reference gets a cookie.

QUOTE]

Yeah well maybe, maybe i don't want your cookie!!!!!

You can have some sushi if you want? :grin:

I hate fish, tuna and other common fish. BUT I love Sushi, very ironic I know. The thing is it really has no flavor, but if you go in thinking its going to taste the way it smells then thats what its going to taste like. I told a friend of mine to try it last Friday, he didn't like it. Eat it with some good hot sauce, or alot if its your first time.:yay::heart: :heart: :heart: :awesome:

Can't stand the stuff. Really want to like it as I'm into all that quirky stuff, but I can't. It just tastes so blergh.

Out of interest anyone watch that Rick stein show were he cooked for the ambassdor of Japan?, was quite interesting.

You can get little snack packs for £1 in M&S. Suffice to say, it will be the worst pound you will ever spend. Disgusting stuff.

Had it loads of times now. I go to a bar in Leeds to have it. It's very tasty. Seriously if you like fish from the fish shop then you'll like sushi. It just taste like cold fish but with more flavour.

Out of interest anyone watch that Rick stein show were he cooked for the ambassdor of Japan?, was quite interesting.

That was what prompted the thread actually. Watching him talk about how great it was for an hour made me want to try it.

Whats hotter, wasabi or horseraddish?

Unless you're eating authentic wasabi, which is very rare and expensive, you're just eating modified horse raddish anyway.

I've had Sushi at some Sushi bar in Manchester and also in Thailand...

I love it, it's so delicious!

...also, Sushi doesn't have to have fish in it! Sushi is predominantly rice dishes... or so I've heard!

Thing is, I'm sure that if I actually went to a proper Sushi bar, I'd enjoy it. I just can't stand the fake tesco stuff. Yuck.

Had it loads of times now. I go to a bar in Leeds to have it. It's very tasty. Seriously if you like fish from the fish shop then you'll like sushi. It just taste like cold fish but with more flavour.

What's it called? Where in Leeds is it located? I might have to go there next time I'm at my brothers.

Unless you're eating authentic wasabi, which is very rare and expensive, you're just eating modified horse raddish anyway.

Authentic Wasabi, where can you buy it from on Earth and at what price, £10,000 pounds per serve?

Authentic Wasabi, where can you buy it from on Earth and at what price, £10,000 pounds per serve?

I don't know the price, but:

Almost all sushi bars in America, and most in Japan, serve imitation (seiyō) wasabi (see Etymology section, below) because the real product is relatively more expensive. True wasabi is made from the wasabi plant but imitation wasabi is made from horseradish, mustard seed, and green food coloring (sometimes Spirulina), often as a powder to be mixed with water to make a paste. Since real wasabi loses its flavor if dried, its presence as an ingredient in some powders is of questionable value. To distinguish between the true variety of wasabi and the imitation product, real wasabi is known in Japan as hon-wasabi (本山葵), meaning original, or true wasabi.

So it's probably not that expensive, just rare...

I really love Sushi and Sashmimi. It's soooo good. Although the fish has to be uber fresh (preferably caught that day). I usually eat tuna steaks raw-ish (ie flash fried either side for 30 seconds) so I love tuna sashimi. My favourite is butterfish though...that just melts in the mouth. Mmhmm.

I saw a program about sushi the other day too. You're talking the Rick Stein one, right? It was really interesting. I was shocked when i heard that fresh tuna could cost 50,000 quid on market over there though...

As for sushi itself, I've tried the supermarket stuff (M&S i think), it was rather nice too. I'd kill to really go to Japan though. Trying sushi will deffo be one of my first priorities when I get there. I'm determined to get there someday!

The Japan Centre (downstairs) on Piccadilly has the best Sushi in London! Another awesome place to eat Japanese food is a place called Zipangu, just off Leicester Square! Both places have absolutly amazing food and its really cheap!

The Japan Centre (downstairs) on Piccadilly has the best Sushi in London! Another awesome place to eat Japanese food is a place called Zipangu, just off Leicester Square! Both places have absolutly amazing food and its really cheap!

Oooooh, I visited there with some friends when I went to a jrock gig a few weeks back! Looks like a brilliant place. :) We didn't have time to eat there though, the place was bloody packed. :( We did get time to look around the shop, and my friends bought some cool Japanese stuff. If I'm ever round there again in the future (which is likely) I'll deffo go there for a meal. Ty for the tip. ^^

Oooooh, I visited there with some friends when I went to a jrock gig a few weeks back! Looks like a brilliant place. :) We didn't have time to eat there though, the place was bloody packed. :( We did get time to look around the shop, and my friends bought some cool Japanese stuff. If I'm ever round there again in the future (which is likely) I'll deffo go there for a meal. Ty for the tip. ^^

Its awesome and sould definitly try out Zipangu because its REALLY nice and cheap and near by!!! (http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3071.htm):santa:

My Irish landlady is cooking me, and some random French people Sushi on Monday. Its going to be very "united colors".

Speaking of Wasabi, I bought her some for Christmas. Was mooching around the Chinese district of Brum and got really confused, so I just went to Selfridges instead. She said it was good though, very natural apparently.

Sign in to follow this