NEurope
raven_blade2006

Mario, Metroid, Zelda DS Delayed..?

EU PS3 launch with some impressive titles, 360 on a roll and Nintendo has no important franchises (honestly, all the other Mario games don't count) to counter all this until the end of next year (!), this is very bad news imho.

Note that Smash bros is not on that list. Lets assume that it is on track for release this year then.

I'm not gonna be shocked at all if it's 2008. When they showed off the first trailer they flat out said "this is all we have". If they're trying to get online play in and have it running well it could take ages to get right. Winter 2007 at the very earliest.

EU PS3 launch with some impressive titles, 360 on a roll and Nintendo has no important franchises (honestly, all the other Mario games don't count) to counter all this until the end of next year (!), this is very bad news imho.

They'll cope. Remember, there are still secret projects kept under wraps. And maybe they'll reveal them at the next E3 and launch them the end of this year. And don't use the 'but 360 has Gears of War and Nintendo has no major franchise', because games like Gears of War are new franchises. I know, Gears of War is nothing for next year, but I just need to say something because I don't know any franchise titles that will be so special next holiday season on 360 and PlayStation 3.

EU PS3 launch with some impressive titles

It's really hard to say how impressive PS3 launch will be or does it even launch during March.

Friendly reminder. Here is what Nintendo is planning for year 2007. Even if few titles are pushed to later dates, there shouldn't be any real drought. 1.6 first party titles per month is quite fast pace. And if you can't any playable titles from list below, well, then it is your own shame.

Animal Crossing

Battalion Wars II

Big Brain Academy

Disaster: Day of Crisis

DK Kongo Blast

Excite Truck

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Forever Blue

Kirby

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wii Health Pack

Wii Music

I'll be happy with that. I'll buy Animal Crossing, Metroid 3, Project Hammer, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, and Wii Music, and probly Disaster if it looks good. There's also Wario Ware, and any 3rd party stuff I don't kno about.

Whilst it is disappointing that Q1 will be sparse, I'm glad the games are atleast coming. It's not like with the cube where we didn't know what was going on.

I hope third party companies will step in fill the gap, and with the lower development costs why wouldn't they?

here's the list off the nintendo europe site, its far from empty:

Nintendo Wii Software Release Date Q1 2007

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Nintendo) 12 Jan 2007

Excite Truck (Nintendo) 16 Feb 2007

Kororinpa (Hudson) 23 Feb 2007

Baja Racing (Conspiracy) Feb 2007

Disney’s Chicken Little: Ace in Action (Disney / Buena Vista Games) Feb 2007

Wing Island (Hudson) 23 March 2007

BIONICLE Heroes (Eidos) 23 March 2007

SSXTM Blur (EA) March 2007

Mario Party 8 (Nintendo) March 2007

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® (EA) March 2007

Bust a Move Wii (505Games) March 2007

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (Namco Bandai Games) March 2007

Disney’s Meet the Robinsons (Disney / Buena Vista Games) March 2007

SonicTM and the Secret Rings (SEGA) March 2007

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Ubisoft) March 2007

Heatseaker (Codemasters) Q1 2007

Metal Slug Anthology (Ignition) Q1 2007

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Midway Games) Q1 2007

Rampage Total Destruction (Midway Games) Q1 2007

The Ant Bully (Movie License) (Midway Games) Q1 2007

The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy (Midway Games) Q1 2007

Impossible Mission (System 3) Q1 2007

Leaderboard Golf (System 3) Q1 2007

Puzzle Balls (System 3) Q1 2007

Tennis Masters (System 3) Q1 2007

Blazing AngelsTM: Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft) Q1 2007

I wouldn't panic too much guys nothings been confirmed or denied yet.

And you also have to remember Nintendo like to keep their hands close to their chest - nobody expected to see Battalion Wars 2 and Mario Strikers at the german games convention.

You never know Nintendo might release Mario Kart and FZero next year they might be secretly working on them now (well I can dream!) online mario kart mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And I know its not a Nintendo game but theres a certain resident evil game coming out too - hopefully soon!!!! (more wishful thinking!) :grin: