NEurope
raven_blade2006

Mario, Metroid, Zelda DS Delayed..?

Zelda DS definately is.

I'd bet on Mario and Metroid being aswell!

SSBB was thought to launch around Christmas 07,

there's a good chance it won't now, what with Mario and Metroid taking Christmas! So when!!

Aww... I'm not sure if I'll be getting many wii games at all next year actually...

Outside of Wario Ware, there's bugger all released for me Q1 then... a little dissapointing but I can't remember a contole launch that had many decent releases post launch in the first half year anyway.

I guess I'm playing the waiting game, and hoping that the quality games will ramp up as time goes by.

Metroid will be released May i reckon, Mario November and Smash Bros end-of 07 as well.

Zelda DS will be Oct/November 07!

Slightly dissapointing i know, but there are other games coming out to occupy.

I was quite impressed with the Q1 2007 release list, at least 4 Wii games i want in 3 months, much better then GC's start. Where we waited 6 months for one game! :awesome:

It makes sense for Mario. But I trust Retro a little more, because they told us it would be launch-ready, wich mean it can't be that far from completion to be pushed back even futher...

Its disappointing news but at least it gives third parties a chance to fill the gaps left by these games. They have a great opportunity here and they better not let us down.

It makes sense for Mario. But I trust Retro a little more, because they told us it would be launch-ready, wich mean it can't be that far from completion to be pushed back even futher...

True. This also adds more speculation to the rumor that it was delayed to add online functionality.

Is Smash Bros really going to be that late? Smash is the perfect killer app to launch online multiplayer with...

At this rate I won't be buying a new game till after the summer :hmm:

I hope Metroid is out before the summer, and I want Fire Emblem next year.

Can't Retro just say they're building Wi-Fi into games instead of saying "Definitely launch game!" then delaying it when it's almost finished to add it?

It could be a tactical move on Nintendos part delating Metroid 3 rather than a developer decision.

This is shit news though, NIntendo don't have a BIG game coming for the machine for a year now!! I mean, we got lucky getting Zelda at launch but boy must we wait now.... Yeah theres some good games coming but no AAA..... Also, where the fudge is Pangya Golf on the Q1 release list?

If Retro delay metroid again i'll be sure they're adding wi-fi into it because ,as previously mentioned,it was suppose ot be a launch title.

They can't delay two out of 3 of the key wii titles known in

the public domain (3rd being zelda) Unless they want another

gamecube on there hands, these had better be false >:(

They can. And they will. Don't forget, they're not really aiming at the people who will certainly be buying metroid and Zelda. They're onto the market that doesn't know about them... so releasing when the market is familiar with the products wouldn't be stupid. First sell some more Wii's, after that sell some more games to those who never played them before and those who know and love them.

So basiclly, delay all the games which made nintendo popular

in the first place so they can have brain training wiietc etc :(

No, basicly it says: wait untill you can get to a bigger audience. Off course, don't wait untill your audience can't expand anymore, but just wait a fair bit. And, off course, moving games over to the holidays is easier to reach the masses. It's about critixxal timing. Wich is why Wii didn't launch the 3rf of May. You can reach out to a bigger audience on holidays, because everyone is looking for something the buy. Throughout the year, that isn't the case.

So speaking from a sales eprspective, it isn't stupid at all.

They can't delay two out of 3 of the key wii titles known in the public domain (3rd being zelda) Unless they want another gamecube on there hands, these had better be false >:(

Why you people can't understand that releasing your most important titles so early in console's lifetime isn't smart businesswise. If you put titles too close to each other, they just simply cannibalize each others sales and rape 3rd party sales, as your average Nintendard always prioritizes 1st party titles over 3rd party one. After that it would be damn hard for 3rd party to justify developing any Wii games at all. And then your average Nintendard complain why there isn't any good 3rd party titles around. If you, in the other hand, spread your titles all around year, it keeps you on the spotlight and keeps positive hype up. It's not like Nintendo doesn't have releases to cover Q2-Q3 with 19 titles slated for 2007.

I think Mario will be released late in the year because it's well known and popular so when more Wiis are sold,majority will pick up.But if Nintendo want a good flow of Wiis sold,there gonna need some good games throughout the year such as Metroid,which might boost sales a bit especially if it's online,then you have some 3rd party games and maybe Mario Pary 8 to fill the drought untill Mario and Smash,which they would want to sell more off.

If they release the big killer apps early then people who buy the console afterwards will have nothing to look forward to so it's better to be released later when there is a bigger fan base.

I think Mario will be released late in the year because it's well known and popular so when more Wiis are sold,majority will pick up.But if Nintendo want a good flow of Wiis sold,there gonna need some good games throughout the year such as Metroid,which might boost sales a bit especially if it's online,then you have some 3rd party games and maybe Mario Pary 8 to fill the drought untill Mario and Smash,which they would want to sell more off.

If they release the big killer apps early then people who buy the console afterwards will have nothing to look forward to so it's better to be released later when there is a bigger fan base.

That's what I meant. Totally.

Friendly reminder. Here is what Nintendo is planning for year 2007. Even if few titles are pushed to later dates, there shouldn't be any real drought. 1.6 first party titles per month is quite fast pace. And if you can't any playable titles from list below, well, then it is your own shame.

Animal Crossing

Battalion Wars II

Big Brain Academy

Disaster: Day of Crisis

DK Kongo Blast

Excite Truck

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Forever Blue

Kirby

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wii Health Pack

Wii Music

Friendly reminder. Here is what Nintendo is planning for year 2007. Even if few titles are pushed to later dates, there shouldn't be any real drought. 1.6 first party titles per month is quite fast pace.

Animal Crossing

Battalion Wars II

Big Brain Academy

Disaster: Day of Crisis

DK Kongo Blast

Excite Truck

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Forever Blue

Kirby

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wii Health Pack

Wii Music

and with the growing 3rd party support as well there should be some promising games to help fill any gaps in the calender.