NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shazman

What media type will the REV use ?

What type of Media type CD will the REV be using, The PS3 is using its Blu-ray CD and XBOX 360 is using Double Layer DVD's.

Im guessing it will be using the same as XBOX 360 media, which holds around 9 gigs which seems good but is it enough to hold the games which will be coming later on in the consoles life ?

The Revolution will take both vinyl and 8-track. For super 8mm fans, there is a rumour of a projector add-on, slated for 2007.

The Revolution will take both vinyl and 8-track. For super 8mm fans, there is a rumour of a projector add-on, slated for 2007.

Damn, that's hot.

Ha, ha, LOL. Seriously though, multi-layerd DVDs seem likely - even the largest PC games don't need more then a single DVD to hold everything. Though a Beta-video add-on could really add extra lifespan to a console.

I doubt it will be HD-DVD unless it would be really cheap and Nintendo gets a good deal for drives. Otherwise Nintendo will use some custom DVD format probably less storage than a dual-layer DVD but that is Nintendo.

I think it will use cartridges.

:indeed: errr. no.

It'll probably be double-layer DVDs because Blu-Ray is copyrited by Sony. I think :heh:

i thought the rev was using blu-ray?

It isn't.

"Stupid letters just cause "It isn't" was too short, bullshit"

i thought the rev was using blu-ray?

Blu-ray is Son'ys format. There's no chance of it being in the Rev.

Wasn't it Matsuhita which build the DVD drive of the Gamecube and therfor made the GC mini disks? I mean Panasonic made the Panasonic Q which could play regular DVDs (movies only of course).

It'll either be DVD-9s or some custom format made by Panasonic. Don't expect more than 12 GB though.

system_error

Matsuhita = Panasonic

Ah thank you I wasn't aware of that - thought they are standalone but working together.

Sign in to follow this