NEurope
flameboy

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

image028.jpg

don't expect we will see much in the way of graphical improvements just bolted on wii controls probably, but it's still nice to know we have a big franchise coming to the wii.

Not everyone has known about it. So, this will probably please at least one person here.

I've been sorta following this (posted quite a fair amount of news regarding this.)

They're working through the controls. Still early days, but it seems like they're going to incorperate the Wiimote for things like jumping. I'll try and find out more.

Anyway, this is very early days.

I didn't think it had actually been confirmed, just that they were looking into it. gonintendo posted it has proof/confirmation that it was so thought I'd post it all the same.

Its a port of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones but rename as Prince of Persia: Rival Swords the same name as the PSP version.

If they're going to milk franchises they should at least bundle the triology.

It would fit in a single layer DVD since 1,4GBx3=4,2 GB.

Oh well ::shrug:

If they're going to milk franchises they should at least bundle the triology.

It would fit in a single layer DVD since 1,4GBx3=4,2 GB.

Oh well ::shrug:

yeah good point actually they have just repackaged all 3 on the PS2 for a bargain £19.99

Yes. Rayman.

That game is very very fun in points.

EDIT: somehow, it looks worse than previous version of TTT... hmm. God Ubisoft, pull it together.

I got two thrones not too long ago for the cube from hmv for £9.99, so I very much doubt I will buy this. If it were the second one, probably as thats the only one I haven't really played.

I'm sure I've seen those screenshots before, just that now there is a wiimote and nunchuk stuck slapped on the shot

Since when has this game been in 3D?

since when sands of time originally came out....

altho there was also the very poor prince of persia 3D aswell.

screenshots.

If it actually looks like that*, Ubisoft has at least polished graphics after quite horrible Cube port.

* But I really doubt it, it Ubisoft has proven that it always does bullshots. EDIT: Confirmed. Those are old bullshots, and even Xbox version is far uglier in reality.

Have Ubisoft actually brought out any good games for Wii yet?

Rayman Raving Rabbids was pretty good. And Red Steel was good game, depending from who you ask.

Rayman Raving Rabbids was pretty good. And Red Steel was good game, depending from who you ask.

I'm loving Red Steel so far.

As for prince of persia, I haven't enjoyed a prince of persia game since the original 2D one. The 3D ones suck ass.

I'm loving Red Steel so far.

As for prince of persia, I haven't enjoyed a prince of persia game since the original 2D one. The 3D ones suck ass.

Prince of Persia 2 on DOS was by far the best of all. Man i just loved that game, and so did my mum and dad back in the day. :heh:

Prince of Persia 2 on DOS was by far the best of all. Man i just loved that game, and so did my mum and dad back in the day. :heh:

Heh, it was good game even if little annoying in certain places. SNES version could come to VC, as it was made by Konami.

Info from IGN

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/751/751470p1.html

IGN previously confirmed that the Prince of Persia franchise was on the way to Wii. Today, Ubisoft has made an official announcement on the Wii version, named Prince of Persia: Rival Swords. On the plus side, this means more support for Nintendo in the early months of next year, with Rival Swords hitting shelves sometime in March.

On a bit of a lesser note, Rival Swords could be shaping up to be more of a Wii-make than fans were hoping for. Ubisoft had the following to say about the game in today's announcement:

"Based on last year's highly successful Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, the game takes advantage of the revolutionary Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Players will be able to clash swords with enemies, execute speed kills and perform the Prince's well-known acrobatic moves such as running on walls. Prince of Persia Rival Swords creates an epic experience by combining two playable characters in a masterly balanced gameplay, with the perfect mix of combat, platforming, puzzles and a compelling storyline."

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords also makes use of the same overarching storyline as The Two Thrones, following the prince on his way back to Babylon with Kaileena, the Empress of Time. Upon arriving he finds his village under fierce attack, and through a series of unfortunate events the Sands of Time are again unleashed, this time bringing forth a new Dark Prince that begins eating at the hero from the inside.

For a few examples of how the Wii controller will work in-game, be sure to check out the screenshots in our gallery. More on Prince of Persia: Rival Swords as news breaks.

Tacked on Wii-mote controls! AWESOME!! :nono:

Though it's one more game I suppose, so can't really complain!