NEurope
mcj metroid

red dwarf

i know there must be some red dwarf fans here.

What's the best series.personally i love the 6th one the best with the episode called legion and the polymorph

I like Red Dwarf, but I'm not THAT great a fan, or avid watcher. Meaning, I haven't a clue which series is which, or stuff.

My favourite episode is either the punishment zone, or where he goes to earth and everything is backwards.

"nodnol" hehe

Wheres the film they were gonna make? Wasn't pleased it ended on a cliff hanger.

It's a great TV programme. So much so that I can't name a best series. The one where Rimmer catches a virus from another hologram comes to mind - Rimmer in a dress with puppet on hand cracked me up.

I can quite easily name the worst series though - seven. No Rimmer (replaced by a rubbish girl) and poor, poor, poor writing.

I can quite easily name the worst series though - seven. No Rimmer (replaced by a rubbish girl) and poor, poor, poor writing.

Yeah I agree with that. She was just shit.

I liked all the seasons of Red Dwarf but I think probably the first 2 seasons were my favourite, probably because they couldnt really go anywhere so writers had to work harder on jokes.

I'd call myself a big fan, however series 7 and 8 were complete bollox. I really, really tried to like them. I just couldn't the characters changed dramatically. I think from 1-6 is class, a few weak episodes in series 3 and 4 but meh can't be perfect.

It's a great TV programme. So much so that I can't name a best series. The one where Rimmer catches a virus from another hologram comes to mind - Rimmer in a dress with puppet on hand cracked me up.

that would be in series 5 but i forget the name of the ep.no series 5 wasn't great besides that episode.

I really don't have a problem with series 7 or 8.

8 had the casandra episode which was just hilarious but had that horrific episode were the cat was dancing with the ship.

Rimmer wasn't really replaced.he was in 3 out the 8 episodes first of all(including the brilliant ace rimmer one where ace dies)

but it wasn't all that bad.Like the JFK episode

How long have they talked about making a movie for?

I'll tell you how long. I was in year 7 in high school, and there was talk that work had started on this movie.

Now, I'm in my second year at uni. :heh:

I saw a boxset of series 1,2,3 and 4 for about 20 quid, and I really regret not buying it now.

ah the movie will likely never be made.the plot or whatever was always written that they would get back to earth

according to wiki

Red Dwarf: The Movie

Since the end of Series VIII, Doug Naylor has been attempting to get funding to make a feature length film version of the show, but on every occasion so far has been thwarted by circumstances. He has long persisted with his conviction that the making of the movie (for which the script has been written for many years) takes precedence over the production of a ninth TV series. On the Series VIII DVD documentary The Tank, however, he admits to being — perhaps mindful of the age and schedules of the principal cast — close to having to make a final, outright decision of whether to continue to pursue the film, make a Series IX or some one-off TV special(s) (as Only Fools & Horses did previously), or simply end the series as it is.[2] Naylor sent a letter to the Red Dwarf fans at DJ XI, which mostly consisted of his failed attempts to create the film, such as a fake duke of Manchester sending forged money to fund the film

I remember reading about that fake money benefactor for the movie, that was when it was probably the closest to being made.

Everyone slags off Series 7.

Yeah, it WAS bad but it was still good, in that, Series 7 of Red Dwarf is miles better than any series of Little Britain or any of those other overrated shit comedies we have now.

I like red dwarf alot, I remember I only really saw the last few series when I was younger though, and as with everything, they seemed much better as a kid. I think my sister bought all the series on DVD, and I probably have to agree with mcj that Series 6 with Legion and Gunmen of the Apocalypse was pretty good, but so were series 1-5!. I liked it when Rimmer got his hard light drive. Series 6 is where the lose red dwarf but it isn't really explained very well right?

Dw...Dw....DWAYNE DIBBLEY?!!?

EDIT:I liked 7 too actually, the first episode at least, where they go back in time and solve/create the JFK assasination plot. There was an ace rimmer episode, and I liked the backstory explanation in the one where Kochanski comes back.

I have the whole show but haven't watched it yet. When I have no exams or essays lined up, I'll watch the lot and let you know which I liked best :heh:

I liked all of Red Dwarf, fantastic show and still beats a lot of shows today. Couldn't tell you my favourite episode, I think they're all great.

Red dwarf is classic. Yeah some of the seasons are poor compared to red dwarf but compare them to all the bollocks comedies you've got floating around right now.

The only comedy better than Red dwarf for me? Spaced. Nothing can beat spaced.

I love Red Dwarf. I couldn't pick a favourite ep, though my favourites were the one where they find out Lister is God of the Cat people (my fav as a child), The Legion one, the Quork one, the Perfect Life game one and the backwards one.

I want to buy all the seasons (maybe not 8..) on DVD, though lack of cash prevents me from doing this..

I'm quite a fan of Red Dwarf, own every series including series 8 which isn't really that bad of a series. I havn't really got one favourite episode, so my top 5 episodes are

1. Back to Reality
  2. Gunmen of the Apocalypse
  3. Rimmerworld
  4. Backwards
  5. Tikka to Ride

I also quite liked the special Can't Cook Won't Cook entitled "Can't Smeg, Won't Smeg" which they did for the 10th Anniversary which was included on the Series 4 extras disk and also Backwards - Forwards i.e. the episode starts at the credits and goes to the titles (you can understand what the backwards Earth people say), This is included on the Series 3 extra disk.

I've just about lost all hope of a Red Dwarf movie ever coming out, but i wouldn't mind seeing either a new series or a couple of specials in the near future.

Seris 7 > Series 5 (If series 5 was the one with Rimmer and the Penguin puppet).

Series 8 was alright aswell. The Prison setting was fantastic and it was generally very funny.

I liked Red Dwarf, so much so I don't have a favourite series, and too many good episodes I haven't seen in ages. Remember the Parallel Universe episode? Future Echoes? I do, and they were class! :smile:

I love Red Dwarf!

I have all the dvds!

My favourite episode is Demons and Angels, as it has the bit where Lister is being robotically controlled, and he tells Kryten to 'sneak' up on him. And Kryten says 'I'm surprising you now sir'

Also, i can't remember which episode, but the quote

Rimmer: Go to red alert!

Kryten: But sir! That would mean changing the bulb!

Aaah, hilarious.

I like Dwarf too, but could never rank the show in order of series. Personally I think the funniest bit of all I've seen is Ace Rimmer on the crocodile.

Absolutely hilarious.

I'm quite a fan of Red Dwarf, own every series including series 8 which isn't really that bad of a series. I havn't really got one favourite episode, so my top 5 episodes are

1. Back to Reality
  2. Gunmen of the Apocalypse
  3. Rimmerworld
  4. Backwards
  5. Tikka to Ride

I also quite liked the special Can't Cook Won't Cook entitled "Can't Smeg, Won't Smeg" which they did for the 10th Anniversary which was included on the Series 4 extras disk and also Backwards - Forwards i.e. the episode starts at the credits and goes to the titles (you can understand what the backwards Earth people say), This is included on the Series 3 extra disk.

I've just about lost all hope of a Red Dwarf movie ever coming out, but i wouldn't mind seeing either a new series or a couple of specials in the near future.

quite the fan.i never thought much of rimmer world or back to reality.My top 5 are in order

1:legion

2:backwords

3:queeg

4:gunmen

5:cassandra