NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Suffolk Murders

I don't think brothels would be a good idea, instead I think there should be more support to get them off drugs and their lives changed. I feel really sorry for the ones who need to still work the streets (while theres a murder around), becuase they need the money for drugs.

I don't think brothels would be a good idea, instead I think there should be more support to get them off drugs and their lives changed. I feel really sorry for the ones who need to still work the streets (while theres a murder around), becuase they need the money for drugs.

They don't need to work the streets. Besides they shouldn't be on drugs anyway.

I think most people would agree that murder is wrong and no one deserves to have their life taken in such a brutal way - no matter their occupation.

However, you have to consider that these and other girls working in the sex trade are takeing massive risks all the time. Not just meeting strangers, but also taking health risks - no matter what precautions they take. A parachutist once told me that whatever you do you mind will ask "what if it all goes wrong", and if you carry on you are happy to take potential consequences. And you hear of girls having a really rough time, and yet they still continue to work in the sex trade. I suppose one or two bad experiences are easily ignored for the right amount of money.

Jordan does make an extremely valid point, but its still not a strong solution. Another recent story, local to myself:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/5138122.stm

The massage parlour was our local knockin' shop (the other can be found here: http://sandalsandsocks.typepad.com/photos/alb1/knockin.html (thats no joke)), and despite the police turning a blind eye to the activities (and i'm sure they do in other towns) two women were brutally murdered. You also have the added problems caused by locals who, quite rightly, wouldnt want brothels near their homes and children.

The obvious solution is to actually enforce our prostitution laws. However, we risk driving prostitution deeper underground, possibly putting people at greater risk. Legalise it, and we open up a bigger can of worms including social unrest.

The problem is, basically supply and demand. There are people wanting to pay for sex and people wanting to sell it. As the oldest profession in the world its not going to be an easy task to solve these risks sex workers are making.

But, despite our thoughts and opinions, i'm sure all our thoughts are with the victims' family.

i work for the company the publishes the Eastern Daily Press and East Anglian Daily Times...

We had a massive rush on advertising from ipswich rugby club.

Apparently, they're just desperate for hookers.

Har har, ultrajamie. :heh:

I don't think the whole "why don't they get a proper job" argument really sums it up right, to be fair. We know nothing about these people, so who's to say that they haven't tried getting other jobs.

To me, the problem is getting off the drugs. Also, whilst kicking the habit, you have to stay clean, too. It's easier said than done. I think these kinds of people need more help and assistance in actually kicking the habit.

We also don't know how they even got into prostitution in the first place. I'm not saying it's right, or that it's the only option they have, but (like the drugs) it can't be very easy to just stop something, to break the circle.

Not every drug addict is the same. Just like not every alcholic is the same. There's something that drives them to do it. It could be comfort, or even escapism.

Everyone blaming heroin addiction weakness and laziness clearly has no fucking idea what heroin does to somebody, never mind prostitutes with little to no support, likely estranged from their families and under the control of some god awful son of a bitch pimping them out and giving them drugs to keep them down.

fucks sake, you just have no idea, do you?

I lived in Ipswich for 12 years. This is creepy. I wonder if the murders are still taking place, or if they're just continuing to find bodies.

BTW why is everyone talking about their drug addiction and whether or not what they did in life was wrong? They're dead for crying out loud, there's not much point judging them now.

Dead people get judged all the time, people judge others all the time, these people are being judged whether they are dead or not. It isn't to justify their deaths though.

I haven't really been following this story, so I don't know alot about it except something like 5 sex workers have been killed(strangled I think) and then dumped in places. I think this is just some guy who's screwed up in the head, it isn't about sex but it is, that's why he's targeting sex workers. Were all these women known to each other?

How would making brothels legal solve the problem? I think if someone truly wants someone dead, they'll find a way. I suppose that if brothels were legal though, that these women would be better protected.

I feel sometimes like crime is getting worse in this country these days, people seem to be getting killed all over the place, yet I never hear anything about the killers being brought to justice. What sort of message does that send out?

Is this the place to crack the jokes that have been created since these murders, I'll kick one off.

Just heard Bernard Matthews has put up a £10,000 reward for the capture of the Ipswich killer,

In a statement he said:

Ive been strangling birds round here for years, this is my f-ucking patch!

Whilst I am by no means happy about it, I do agree with JonSt here.

One of the rivers where one of the postitutes was found was right next to a hotel I once went to for the weekend, strange.

This may be too soon for jokes, but I heard this one the other day which made me laugh despite its bad taste.

Did you hear Ipswich Town couldn't play this weekend? Seems a dyslexic murderer killed all their substitutes.

In all seriousness though this is pretty horrific. I can't really understand some peoples views that these women brought it upon themselves through what they did for a living and their drug habits. Its quite possible that its this kind of attitude that led the killer to choose these women in the first place. The idea that prostitutes are not worth anything and are 'asking for it'.

Everyone blaming heroin addiction weakness and laziness clearly has no fucking idea what heroin does to somebody, never mind prostitutes with little to no support, likely estranged from their families and under the control of some god awful son of a bitch pimping them out and giving them drugs to keep them down.

fucks sake, you just have no idea, do you?

Nobody is saying that heroine doesnn't fuck up your mind. We're saying that they are stupid for going on heroine in the first place.

urgh, my step-brother had the cheek to make some jokes about it which were actually quite harsh. I hate it when people are insensitive like that. So they were prostitutes, but they were still human life...

I have to be honest, I was beginning to wonder whether the Police were doing anything. Fair play to them for manageing to arrest someone so soon. I hope that they have found him, and that he rots in prison for life.

What's the difference between Mr. Kipling and the Suffolk Murderer?

Mr. Kipling can put 6 tarts in a box.....

:woops:

I have to be honest, I was beginning to wonder whether the Police were doing anything. Fair play to them for manageing to arrest someone so soon. I hope that they have found him, and that he rots in prison for life.

What's the difference between Mr. Kipling and the Suffolk Murderer?

Mr. Kipling can put 6 tarts in a box.....

:woops:

lol thats a good one, I heard another one

How do you know it's winter?

Its minus 5 in Ipswich.

Pretty sad news, I'm glad the police seem to be making progess. However, telling people a suspect's name is wrong. He could be innocent...

Also, Moogleviper, stop taking the moral high ground with drugs. We're only human.

Was gonna post his myspace page pretty funny how they had it on the news that he was a myspace user. This has been a very interesting story as Ipswich is only a half hour drive from me and I have many friends that live there. Its so unusual to have all of these things happening close to home we've had the murders and there was a shooting in a nightclub which surprise surprise was done by some blacks from London

This is happening really near me. My house was just on the edge of the picture in the daily mail... kind of disturbing.

Also, Moogleviper, stop taking the moral high ground with drugs. We're only human.

Well drugs are something I'm dead against and have no sympathy towards drug abusers.

Well, we all know what the daily mail are like. I think it's hilarious the way they spend all their time bitching about Kate Moss and Pete Doherty in an attempt to make them public enemies, but in the end make them seem so much cooler. It's really pathetic to actually try and blame them on it, especially since the problem of drugs and prostituion has been around for hundreds of years, and is kind of disrespectful to the victims.

Sign in to follow this