NEurope
david.dakota

Its happened again...

OK, on the first night of getting my Wii, my Wii-motes refused to do anything. I tried syncing them, wobbling them, tapping the buttons. And nothing worked. Now its happened again.

Anyone else experiencing Wiimote issues?

Yes... just unplug the power from the console. That always fixes it.

My tally counts up 32 hours of multiplayer...fuck...thats pretty epic. Anyway, this happens sometimes, just do what Jordan said, it always fixes things.

My tally counts up 32 hours of multiplayer...fuck...thats pretty epic. Anyway, this happens sometimes, just do what Jordan said, it always fixes things.

Kinda off-topic, but where do you see how long your multiplayer sessions have tallied up? I know there's the message board in which it tells you how much time you've spent on certain games and channels. Do they have a total for games too?

OT: I've experienced some troubles with the wiimote only in occasions of being too far or too to the sensor bar. Also, having an awkward angle doesnt help much either. Have you tried changing the position on the sensor bar? I had it on top first, now i have it at the bottom. Worked slightly better. But all in all, no, i havent had too much trouble with remotes.

Oh it doesn't tally them up by itself, but for example, my friend was over today, and all we did was play red steel for about 5 hours, only in multiplayer, so I checked the "today" mail and tallied up all the counts where I know I've only played multiplayer. But yeah, it'd be really nice to have a Timesplitters-esque display which tells you how long you've played each mode.

It's happened to me once and I just unplugged the power and they seemed to work alright after that.

In other news my batteries have just ran out.... they dont last very long do they *snif* :(

It's happened to me once and I just unplugged the power and they seemed to work alright after that.

In other news my batteries have just ran out.... they dont last very long do they *snif* :(

What's the actual battery life span? With the ones in the box, I lasted a whole week, and that's with excessive WiiSports and Mii creation. About 30-35 hours, I expect.

What's the actual battery life span? With the ones in the box, I lasted a whole week, and that's with excessive WiiSports and Mii creation. About 30-35 hours, I expect.

I have no idea, but mine have lasted 7 days.... ive mainly been on zelda....13 hours of it so far so IMO battery life sucks.

You gotta remember, this isn't a wavebird.

1, It uses a bluetooth channel

2, it has a speaker

3, it has rumble

Not to mention the motion sensors and pointers. The battery wasn't gunna be amazing. Just buy a few packs of cheap AA's or do what i do and buy expensive ones that last a while longer. Duracell M3's i have in have lasted nearly 20 hours already and they're still 1/2 full.

Turning the console on then off again seems to work....it's only happened twice. Once was in the Mii channel and the other I can't remember.

Battery life is fine, although I managed to get through 2 pairs in 4 days, I doubt I'll be playing Wii at this rate a couple of years down the line.

I don't know if this is the same problem, but when playing today (mostly zelda), the pointer kept getting stuck on the sides of the screen. I would have to shake the wiimote to get it back in the middle, but then after a while it would just get stuck again. Which is quite annoying when you have to aim with your bow and stuff.

Also happened on the Wii menu and the Mii channel. Turning the console off and on again didn't help either. Nor did reconnecting the wiimote through the wiimote settings. =/

shut everything down and re-sync the controllers. (i explained this before)

another problem you may have is yor sitting too low. and the wii-mote may not be able to see the sensor bar.

I'm slightly worried about how mine will work in my room. I'll have to sit at a slight angle to my tv on my bed which is lower than the side the sensor wll be on.

Are you playing near a window? was the sun bright? THat confused me for a while.

The tv is pretty close to a window, but I haven't had this problem before. Sun wasn't brighter than on other days either.

shut everything down and re-sync the controllers. (i explained this before)

another problem you may have is yor sitting too low. and the wii-mote may not be able to see the sensor bar.

I did re-sync them, but it didn't help either. Thing is, I just turned on my Wii again to just check a message, and now it seemed to be working fine again. So I don't know what was up with that.

And nah, I doubt I'm sitting too low. Cause then I should've had this problem earlier already. But it seems to be fixed, for now.

That happened to me about 20 minutes ago!

I went into the wii shop channel but when it loaded up the wiimote was not doing anything, it had no light on and when i tries to sync the controller the lights just flashed without registering the console, i changed the batteries and pressed reset on the console and it worked fine, but because i did it at the same time i don't know whether it was the batteries or the reset that fixed the issue!

It hasn't happened before though and hopefully wont again!

The batteries I got in the box didn't work... in the hyper state I was in upon getting my wii home I turned it on and nothing happened. I took out the batteries and my dad tested them in some battery tester thing and it said that one was half charged and the other was completely dead. Anywho, I put in a set of my own batteries and played away; they lasted about 14 hours.

my batteries (they came with the Wii) lasted about 30 whuppin hours..I think that's great for so cheap batteries..

Had the problem with my Wii mote once,, cant remember what I did but it only lasted for about 10 seconds

Just had a glitch now, couldn't get it to work again, the blue lights were always blinking, and I unplugged the console, it'll work again in a while, I guess.

Wierd as it never happened in Zelda through 55 game hours, but it happened acessing the Mii channel.

I've had this a couple of times. I don't know whether its coincidence, but both have been on visits to the shop channel, both of which required the plug to be pulled on the console before they would synch again.

I've also had the console lock up completely a couple of times when trying to access the disc channel, again requiring the plug to be pulled.

I'm hoping that it will be sorted in the next firmware update, but I've not been too impressed with the operating system thus far. It does make me wonder if nintendo have rushed the console into production to facilitate a pre-christmas launch.