NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scubahood

Where do I email to get replacement strap?

Heard about it on the news yesturday then read about it in the sun today they listed an email address but i've forgotten what it is anyone know where i need to email

Is anyone actually sure about this story. I've read it and and I've interpreted the story as replacement faulty (ie, broken) wriststraps. However, IGN have published an article with a picture of a thinker wrist strap, saying its available in Europe.

But anyhoo, heres the email: [email protected].

I'm not really to bothered about getting a replacement as I don't think i will let it fly out of my hand. But as all it takes is an email i figured i may as well

Personally, I think that this has been blown waaaay out of proportion.

As soon as I got home this weekend and showed the Wii to my family, they were saying all sorts of stuff like "the games are being recalled, arent they?"

"apparantly, its easy to break your controllers."

Was it the BBC who reported this? As they've really got this one wrong. From what I've seen, you have to be a right idiot or are really going over the top for the wiimote to fly out of your hand. Strap or no strap.

If you were holding a tennis racket and apply so much force, it's going to come out of your hand anyway. Grip. One word.

But yeah, it's really annoying having to correct people's misconceptions on this.:hmm:

Agreed i'm really surprised the media have jumped on it but you know what they say any publicity is good publicity. I really don't understand how anyone can let go of it I have played sober I have played pissed at 4 in the morning after a night on the town and it never came close to leaving my hand.

I think you'd have to be really special to let go of it

Agreed i'm really surprised the media have jumped on it but you know what they say any publicity is good publicity. I really don't understand how anyone can let go of it I have played sober I have played pissed at 4 in the morning after a night on the town and it never came close to leaving my hand.

I think you'd have to be really special to let go of it

I agree with you about the drunk/sober thing. I've let my girlfriend play wiitennis and boxing whilst she was sober, which is bad enough, and also whilst she was drunk.

She's been fine both times, and she doesn't even use the strap. She hasn't got the best grip in the world, she isn't all that sensible (even whilst she's sober!), and yet we haven't had a single problem with regards to this.

Haha: I've gone off on a tangent. Sorry, but this really grates on my nerves.

I took the wrist straps off my controllers. I really don't think there's a problem with the remote slipping out of your hand unless you're a complete tool.

She hasn't got the best grip in the world Link? She can't be much use when it comes to using her hands then

She hasn't got the best grip in the world Link? She can't be much use when it comes to using her hands then

Hahahaha. :)

Well, she's got a good grip in that sense! Otherwise, I wouldn't be a happy_linky. :(

I think I'll get a replacement purely because my little brother can get a little over enthusiastic.

I have 2 remotes. One has the old strap and the other has the newer thicker one. I've sent off for a replacement, just in case.

Even after looking at that picture, I still can't tell whether mine has a new one or not... I even took it up straight to the screen and I'm still unsure. I'm gonna send of for new ones anyway, because even if it does break, which seems highly unlikely, I'll have one to replace it with immediatley. Plus, it's free.

For a UK website its a shame that my postcode doesnt fit in! Very nice.

was going to comment on that. hope i still get my freebies

I just filled in the form on the uk site, I said I needed 4 when I actually only need 2, I dunno why.

I find it weird they ask for the serial number of the Wii, is it a sly way to track/register all the Wiis? You could say it's to prevent people from ordering lots of straps, but surely they can check by checking the address? Although, I suppose there might just be people out there without a Wii who would try it too.

I'm guessing that it's to stop people ordering multiple times. I also ordered 4 when I needed 2, just incase I get any more with the old strap.

i couldnt get my 7 digit uk postcode in the postcode box which is a shame, however the email that was mentioned above emailed me back for my information :D

My postcode is AA99 9AA - it has a two digit number after the first set of characters :P and i live in Bedfordshire. Not exactly in the middle of nowhere :)

Damn it, I only asked for two straps. But it shouldn't be any problem. And, no, Nintendo is not actually using this information. They might want to register the number, yes, but I don't care. I didn't register my Wii and I'm not really caring. They have disrupted my account ages ago and my login doesn't work properly anymore (even if they send new passwords). Wich means I lose a total of 354 stars!. 354! That's like, a life savings. After buying the collecors edition of Zelda...

Sign in to follow this