NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Classic Controller - analogue shoulder buttons

I've just had a good sit down and play with Mario 64, and i've noticed that the Classic's shoulder buttons do seem to have analogue input, along with a digital 'click' - as the GC controller does.

Now, i seem to recall readin somewhere that Nintendo have said the shoulder buttons are not analogue (and therefore GC games need CG controllers), but the feel of the Classic's Shoulder buttons has a 'squidgyness' to them - not quite as pronounced as the CG's, but it certainly seems to be there.

I bet the original plan was to let the classic pad work on GC games, but the fact is they couldn't get the Wii to route it through the Wiimote to the GC games perhaps?

Maybe in a later firmware update.

I know its a little off topic for this thread but im new ;)

Anyway i just want to know that if i downloaded a virtual console game that my GC-pad will play them no matter which console the game comes from. Coz i dont really want to pay another £15 for a classic controller yet as i dont have lots of cash.......

Simple answer, yes. GC controllers will play all Virtual Console Games. If you do want to check however, the controller options are shown before you purchase the VC title.

That said, if you can get a Classic Controller, i'd really recommend it. Its sublime, so comfy.

Still need to pick one up, I was planning on using my cube controllers, but I like wireless (and no, I don't own a wavebird).

I've only bought gunstar heroes ... and it's really, really good.

Next ... super probotector.

I opened up my second one today...man DKC is the best thing ever on 2 player team...

Have you played Gunstar Heroes yet :p

I know its a little off topic for this thread but im new ;)

Anyway i just want to know that if i downloaded a virtual console game that my GC-pad will play them no matter which console the game comes from. Coz i dont really want to pay another £15 for a classic controller yet as i dont have lots of cash.......

Someone already said, but GC controllers are supposedly going to work with all VC titles, if not the mahority of them. If you have a GC pad, then don't get a VC one yet. When you download the games, it shows you which pads are compatible with it, so if it comes down to it you can buy a VC pad when you need it or not get a game that is only compatible with it. Hope that made sense and helped you out.

Thanks for the help there guys!

That said, if you can get a Classic Controller, i'd really recommend it. Its sublime, so comfy.

Yer i probably will get one at some point! (Well as soon as my bank account recovers from buying xmas presents!!!) But on seconds thoughts, my birthday is on 4th jan, so maybe i could hint towards my mum or girlfriend to buy me one then. . . . . . . .

I don't think I'll buy enough SNES games to warrant one. I'll just stick to the Wii Remote for NES/MegaDrive games, and the GameCube controller for N64 games (Classic controller looks awful for N64 games...left analogue stick placement mainly)

Nah, however much I love the N64 controller, i do prefer the Classic for Mario 64. It does take some getting used to. Its no more or no less comfy, but the lightweight Classic just pips it.

call me a cynic, but I think we will see a firmware update allowing use of the classic controller for gamecube games, but not until Nintendo feel they can no longer flog cube controllers/they sell all stock of them, we have had so many people asking at work for them...and we can magically order them now again...

Whats much more likely than a firmware update is a shiny-white (Wii Remote material) GameCube WaveBird Controller, probably with a more slimline receiver (which only fits the Wii's GC ports).

edit: Mario = Fantastic on the GameCube controller. Seems like the game was built for it.

Sign in to follow this