NEurope
HazyUK

Eledees!

Best Wiimote award goes to the Eledees producers. It really feels like an extension of my arm. I just played a few levels and it is really keeping me hooked. Even though the levels play often in the same room - the variety is great.

Nice graphics and so far I only encountered one situation with a few framedrops - but with cars, garbage cans and 20-30 Eledees flying around I guess that is quite okay.

Only downside so far is that the level editor isn't as powerfull as I had wished for and it takes really a lot of time to place all those things to make some fun stuff.

Best third party game so far in my eyes.

Best third party game so far in my eyes.
Completely agree. Personally it's one of the best, if not the best third party game I've ever played!

Don't agree with you on the level editor though, I was actually surprised as to how powerful it is. I mean apart from the restriction on the amount of items used you can basically to anything, even re-create some of the Story Mode stages. That tells me we've got pretty much the same tool as what the developers had, what more could you need? :hmm:

Ok this game is so my cup of tea it’s not even funny. I’ve played for around 2 hours now and am seriously loving it. :love:

It’s scary how well Konami has utilized the Wii Remote in this game, especially as it was a launch title. So far the controls have been completely flawless. My first experience with this game has actually been very similar to that of Wii Sports, the feeling of interaction is just as immense, if not more so. Picking stuff up and chucking it around, opening doors and turning on taps ect… all feels so perfect and true to life.

I only played the first couple of stages before jumping into edit mode, but as far as I can tell it’s no way near as limited as what has been suggested. You literally have an empty room and access to all of the furniture from that particular stage to decorate it as you see fit. Moving items around is incredibly easy and you can reposition/rotate things any time you like. It’s like a mini version of a 3D app on Wii! There is a limit to how much stuff you can place, but it seems to be very generous. I already know for sure that this mode is going to last me a long time (love level editors) the scope for creating some cool levels is definitely present with this game. People on my Wii address book should be afraid, very afraid! :heh:

Speaking of which I got a nice little surprise when I started up this game today, a message popped up saying I had received a screenshot. I was like, huh? But it was from Dcubed who must have the US version.

Cheers for that mate! : peace: Send me some stages now.

So yeah, I really like this game. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever played before, a truly unique game made possible by a truly unique console. Now this is what I bought a Wii for.

HA HA! I can't believe you actually got it, I sent it to you like 4 months ago! :grin: BTW, sorry I couldn't send you an easter pic, I made a nice one and emailed it to my Wii (No SD card you see :sad:) but it never arrived on it!

I haven't played it in ages (Couldn't really get into it) but I might give it another go now and make/trade some levels with some people. PM me your FC and I'll add you!

My Wii FC is 8305,6414,9274,6128

This game just gets better , although it also seems to get a bit easier as you progress , but it is still an absolute blast.

Just completed mission 18 (after breezing through the last few) , and there were only a couple which seemed to give me a few problems and I can see where the frustration factor could kick in.

Have also gone back to improve some of my grades and find some of those elusive pink Eledees (I love the way the game tells you how to score the third when you have nabbed the first two).

Of the challenges I have unlocked , completed a few but some of them are real SoB's.

Also loving the score attack and eternal mode. In fact , there is very little (if anything) to dislike about this game.

Next plan is to attempt to recreate my house in the level editor mode , the only thing thats preventing that at the moment is the time it will take and the fact that the main game and its various modes are so damn addictive.

I caved, ordered this from Play today for £30 with free postage. What with the bank holiday, I should geti t Wednesday / Thursday, but I don't mind because I'm still getting alot of play from Crackdown, Pokemon, Gears and my XBL games.

I'm so close to cracking, but really should complete Sonic and Secret Rings first...get value for money...

Im on the last boss now, man is he annoying. You have to use the unscrewing technique on him and I havent a clue how to do it properly.

EDIT: Just check G-faqs and it seems I have been doing the wrong motion all this time :) Think I know what to do now.

*runs back up stairs to finish off the boss*

EDIT 2: Just beat him! Am I finished with the game? Hell no, I havent even scratched the surface yet. Now to get S ranks and all the Pink Eledees.

Anyone else think that the art work in the cutscenes is gorgeous?

Played this for a few hours today and now I have really bad motion sickness! Strange really as I've never had it playing any other game before, I wonder why it happened in this game?

I heard about that when I was tracking it way back when it came out in America. The reason, I think, is that because you don't see the gun infront of you (or at least, I don't think you do?) so the moving around is alot more *whycantithinkoftheword?* confusing? (That'll do for now, but it's not precisely what I mean).

The reason, I think, is that because you don't see the gun infront of you (or at least, I don't think you do?) so the moving around is alot more *whycantithinkoftheword?* confusing? (That'll do for now, but it's not precisely what I mean).

Disorientating?

Seems this has 'done an ExciteTruck' so now I have to buy it. I don't suppose there's any chance of it being less than £39.99 on the highstreet, is there?

I cant resist from buying this gem... I hear everywhere that Eledees is a truly great game!Do you know if the game supports widescreen and progressive scan(480p)?

HA HA! I can't believe you actually got it, I sent it to you like 4 months ago! :grin:
Cool huh? :smile:

Anyone else think that the art work in the cutscenes is gorgeous?
Absolutely. Such a shame about the voice-overs though, ear bleedingly bad. :heh:

Played this for a few hours today and now I have really bad motion sickness! Strange really as I've never had it playing any other game before, I wonder why it happened in this game?
I had a very slight feeling of motion sickness at first, only lasted around 15 minutes or so and not had it since. I've never had anything like that before either. I think Gizmo's probably right though and it's to do with not having a gun or something as a focal point, so you're really focusing on the environment a lot. That combined with lots of quick turning movement and loads of stuff flying around must be what does it. If anyone out there really suffers from motion sickness with games they should try it out before buying just in case. If it can affect people that don't suffer from the condition I hate to think what it'd do to someone that does!

I cant resist from buying this gem... I hear everywhere that Eledees is a truly great game!Do you know if the game supports widescreen and progressive scan(480p)?
It supports 480p and DPLII, not widescreen though.

You don't remember the fact that it's shields were taken out 1st?

yes I do.. but I hoped that you guys didn't.. hmm.. I think the Stardestroyer desiger got a good beating for placing the deflector shields so that any old ship could hit them good and hard..

Have just orderd Eledeeds from cdwow and hopefully it arrives before the weekend.. not the fastest place to order but the shipping is for free

yes I do.. but I hoped that you guys didn't.. hmm.. I think the Stardestroyer desiger got a good beating for placing the deflector shields so that any old ship could hit them good and hard..

They didn't. And neither are they easy to spot.

Hmm.. those deflector shield generators are just as hard to spot as kunta kinte at a merle haggard concert..

Well I hope the Eledeeds aren't as difficult to locate

Disorientating?

Seems this has 'done an ExciteTruck' so now I have to buy it. I don't suppose there's any chance of it being less than £39.99 on the highstreet, is there?

Tesco is 35 quid i think

Tesco is 35 quid i think

Yup that's where I got it from, asda might have it for a similar price but my local Asda didn't have it.

I have been trying to do some of the challenges this afternoon and man are some of them hard to do. I spent a good 10 mins trying to do a 10 second challenge!

I have been trying to do some of the challenges this afternoon and man are some of them hard to do. I spent a good 10 mins trying to do a 10 second challenge!
I've only done the first challenge because I can't stop playing edit mode. It's so damn addictive! :hehe:

I'm up to stage 22 in the story, think I'm going to play through to the end before I go back to edit mode though so I can unlock all the extra stuff for it.

Don’t know what IGN were on about giving this a 6 for lasting appeal. I’ve played for over 20 hours now and haven’t even finished the main game! That whole review was completely flawed you ask me, the fact they claim it’s not as good anymore because the novelty of the Wii Remote has worn off is ridiculous. Are they going to apply the same logic to Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3 then because they didn’t come out sooner? :heh:

I've only done the first challenge because I can't stop playing edit mode. It's so damn addictive! :hehe:

I'm up to stage 22 in the story, think I'm going to play through to the end before I go back to edit mode though so I can unlock all the extra stuff for it.

Don’t know what IGN were on about giving this a 6 for lasting appeal. I’ve played for over 20 hours now and haven’t even finished the main game! That whole review was completely flawed you ask me, the fact they claim it’s not as good anymore because the novelty of the Wii Remote has worn off is ridiculous. Are they going to apply the same logic to Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3 then because they didn’t come out sooner? :heh:

It's a good point, my guess is that they will argue that it doesn't make great use of the wiimote, just that at the time of it's original release it felt more innovative, but this is obviously not the case as you lot have all been singing its praises...

The point they're making is that the game cannot rely just on the Wiimote. From what I've heard (haven't played it), the game gets boring - it seems to some people as if Konami forgot to make an interesting and thought that the Wiimote itself could run the game.

I can see how some might say that the game gets boring/repetative , after all you are in essence just doing the same thing in every mission. But IMO , Konami have paced this game perfectly by introducing just enough new elements and different eledees to keep the thing interesting.

Anyway , I had every intention of playing this through to completion today , except that mission 27 has other ideas. That level is absolutely killing me and the aforementioned repetition could be kicking in , but I will persevere.

Yeah mission 27 is probably the hardest in the game, here is some tips...

[spoiler=]Once you get up the stairs shoot eveything you can and get a homing power up and peek over the hedge so you can shoot all the eledees that are below you. Once you have enough power to start the Snowmen up place the coloured buckets next to their respective snowmen. After that light up the 2 poles near the robots by placing the rabbits statues holding lightning bolts on top of them and then shoot them. After that active the robot so you can get past and but before you do get a shield as there are loads of tanks and guns in here. At the end of that corridor should be aload of big blocks, open the top one and use the super strength to get through . Again grab a shield and a homing power up and just blast away in this new area and you should be done.

Hope that helps.

Is this out?

I went into some store when I checked this thread not long ago and didn't see it.