NEurope
HazyUK

Eledees!

So what does everyone else think of the game?

I've gone through the single player a bit more now, up to the stages that introduce special requirements i.e. you shouldn’t break stuff or make too much noise. Certainly adds a nice twist to the gameplay as you can't just go mental throwing stuff all over that place like on the opening stages! :heh:

By the way, just to add something to what I said about the edit mode before, I found out you can choose the furniture set before you start so you're not actually tied down to whatever goes with a certain stage, in fact you can choose up to 3 different sets of furniture and you don't even have to pick the corresponding one, so you can make a stage using the bedroom but with furniture from the hall, kitchen and study instead. Another cool thing in the editor is that you can turn the physics on and off by pressing the 2 button, so you can stack loads of stuff up and then switch on the gravity to check if it balances or falls to the ground! It's also useful to make sure everything is properly placed in the room as sometimes after moving items around they're left slightly in mid air.

So far I've only got one complaint with the game, and that is the restriction that is placed on the WiiConnect 24 feature. See it turns out you can only send screenshot and custom level data once per day, at first I thought it meant you could only send 1 screen/level to one person, but it's not actually that bad. You can send to more than one person (everyone on your list it seems) but you have to do it all in one go, so if you forget to send to someone you can't then just send it to them afterwards, you have to wait until the following day. I guess it makes sense though as it would probably get really messy if there was no limit to what you could send.

I sent you a screenshot yesterday Owen, did you get it?

Arrived this morning , so haven't had too much time with it so far.

Have played through the tutorial and first 5 or so levels and enjoying it so far. Controls are absolutely perfect as has been already stated and definately something that was just perfect for the Wii.

There does seem to be a fair bit more to unlock than I expected , with a few different game modes (can't say how good they are yet tho). I am surprised that I haven't even looked at the level editor yet as I thought this would be the first thing I did.

Initially seems a well presented and fun title that will be one of those games that you will go back to for short bursts (especially with the score attack mode and the chance to improve your grades).

Just got back from buying it at Gamestation, gonna see if I can get an hours playtime in before I head out to work.

Just bought it from Tesco for £35 (Cheapest I've seen at retail), have to wait until I've finished work for the day before I can try it though. Grrr it's so tempting to just go downstairs and try it out, but I must be strong.

Just went through the tutorials and the first 3 levels and its been great so far.

I went a bit nuts on the 3rd level in your parents bedroom as I found a power up which allowed me to throw heavy objects around for a limited time. After the carnage ended I realized that I had trapped myself between a wall and aload of boxes and other heavy items that I could no longer

lift :grin: Also managed to get a S rank on the 1st level on my first try, which was nice! I can see getting all S ranks is going to be alot of fun, much like Excite Truck.

Well off to work I go, will be straight back on come 11 though.

So what does everyone else think of the game?

I've gone through the single player a bit more now, up to the stages that introduce special requirements i.e. you shouldn’t break stuff or make too much noise. Certainly adds a nice twist to the gameplay as you can't just go mental throwing stuff all over that place like on the opening stages! :heh:

By the way, just to add something to what I said about the edit mode before, I found out you can choose the furniture set before you start so you're not actually tied down to whatever goes with a certain stage, in fact you can choose up to 3 different sets of furniture and you don't even have to pick the corresponding one, so you can make a stage using the bedroom but with furniture from the hall, kitchen and study instead. Another cool thing in the editor is that you can turn the physics on and off by pressing the 2 button, so you can stack loads of stuff up and then switch on the gravity to check if it balances or falls to the ground! It's also useful to make sure everything is properly placed in the room as sometimes after moving items around they're left slightly in mid air.

So far I've only got one complaint with the game, and that is the restriction that is placed on the WiiConnect 24 feature. See it turns out you can only send screenshot and custom level data once per day, at first I thought it meant you could only send 1 screen/level to one person, but it's not actually that bad. You can send to more than one person (everyone on your list it seems) but you have to do it all in one go, so if you forget to send to someone you can't then just send it to them afterwards, you have to wait until the following day. I guess it makes sense though as it would probably get really messy if there was no limit to what you could send.

I sent you a screenshot yesterday Owen, did you get it?

Hello! I did get a screenshot (it told me) however where the heck can you find the screenshots which have been sent to you?

I'm quite sad at the moment, because i've had no time at all to play this. So i'm gonna play it loads tomorrow and enjoy the weekend with games! :yay:

Works been tough this week. :sad:

I'm curious. I read on Wiki that it's been confirmed that Konami will be sending new levels along through WiiConnect24. But I don't think it's happened yet. Hasn't this been out in the US and Japan for a while? Is there some other confirmation or announcement? I'm certainly considering picking this up, but if this is true I'll be getting this sooner rather than later.

I played some more of this last night before I went to bed and Redshell is right in saying that the game offers nice twists with not being able to smash stuff around.

For the first 3 levels I just went mental throwing stuff all over the place and then when this "rule" came into play I had to calm myself down. In the end though this has helped me alot because now im able to move around more feely as there isnt stuff lying all over the floor.

Totally loving this game and it has really got me back into my Wii. Does anyone else think that this game has a Chibi Robo feel to it? I know they are completely different games but it kind of reminds me of it for some reason.

I got this yesterday and really don't like it, does anyone know if you can return things to Gamestation and get a full refund? The box wasn't sealed when I bought it and it obviously looks brand new still.

Where do you work Owen?

Sorry im just nosey :D

Argos, i'm a delivery assisant. Get up 4:15am in the morning! It's hard work but i enjoy it though, everyones really friendly! Done 6 weeks already..time flys.

Playing a bit more of Eledees today, and i'm really liking it. I also get a slight Chibi Robo feel to it, funnily enough!

It's great fun, it's no-means outstanding, but it's worth a look as it uses the Wii controller greatly, it's all very responsive etc...

Oh and thanks Redshell for your lovely screenshot (i found it), it's great! :yay:

Picked this up yesterday, so far I have only done the tutorials and first level, but so far I like it. I have to delve deeper before I can really get an opinion, but I think this is going to be a good game.

Does anyone else think that this game has a Chibi Robo feel to it?
Oh no, you didn't :grin:

Now I've gotta buy the game ASAP.

I'm curious about this game,after reading your impressions it sounds interesting.I didn't really look into this much earlier when it was announced etc.

Do you just go about looking for Eledees in a room or something?

And does anyone know how long it is?

Oh no, you didn't :grin:

Now I've gotta buy the game ASAP.

*Reels in Pedro*

Yeah thats pretty much it. You have to get a certain amount of Eledees within a time limit, thats the game in a nutshell. The story mode is supposed to be around 10-15 hours long but like Excite Truck you have to obtain S rankings for the levels to unlock more stuff. Theer are also 3 hidden Pink Eleddes on each levels which unlock Score Modes and Challenges, so there is plenty to do.

Cool.I'm watching some videos of it just now and it looks like it's pretty fun.

I would love to get this but I only have enough for Mario Strikers,then I need to get some money for some DVDs and spending monet for my holiday.

But then again I get paid in a couple of weeks....

:D

Oh and thanks Redshell for your lovely screenshot (i found it), it's great! :yay:
Cool. Send me some screens/levels sometime. :smile:

Yeah searching for and collecting Eledees is the main objective, but it's not just limited to inside a house. Eventually you go out in to the streets and find yourself lifting up cars and even houses!

I've spent just over 12 hours on my game so far (a few hours of that time in edit mode) and I'm up to stage 19 in the story mode, I believe there are around 30 stages in total. Plus each stage has 3 unlockable modes so there is quite a bit of replay value. icon14.gif

I definitely know what you mean H-o-T about the Chibi-Robo vibe, that and Pikmin were the first games that came to my mind when I started playing this.

And...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC408W3Mw3g

Neil Buchanan sure loves saying "could be anywhere" :laughing:

And...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC408W3Mw3g

Neil Buchanan sure loves saying "could be anywhere" :laughing:

Thank you for putting me out of my misery.

I have spent the last 24 hours racking my brain trying to think of the name of that show because that was the first thing that came to mind when playing this.

Damn,I just need like a tenner or something so I can get this.

But I think there's a fair chance i'll order this the same time as Mario Strikers Charged and keep it for after my exams.

I have to say that this does look awfully fun to play,then I can send some pictures to you guys.

If I never bought my Hard Drive during the week I would of went up to my local game and bought this:heh:

Damn I want this so bad...wanted it at launch but the huge wait, made my enthustiasm wain now its back!

Just finished the 2nd boss off just now ( level 17 ) and im still loving the game, shame I only have 11 levels left :(

Earlier today I went back to some of my previous beaten levels and got a few more S ranks. This game has definetly got an addictive power like Excite Truck and like Excite Truck I think this is an essential Wii game to own. I can see many people dismissing this game purely because of the way it looks, but when a game plays this good who cares?