NEurope
HazyUK

Eledees!

I agree! It's a much better name than Elebits, how can anyone not think so? It's a clever play on words, whereas Elebits was just a bit of an amalgam of two words, I never liked it much.

I agree, because it's like an LED!!! But maybe some people haven't heard of LEDs? I never liked the name Elebits, but I'm not gonna buy it anyway.

I agree, because it's like an LED!!! But maybe some people haven't heard of LEDs? I never liked the name Elebits, but I'm not gonna buy it anyway.

oh now i get it. Thats not bad. It seems to recognse that europeans (except me) have a sharper wit than the rest of the world.

oh now i get it. Thats not bad. It seems to recognse that europeans (except me) have a sharper wit than the rest of the world.

Also bit in french is slang for penis. :P

Wait, so is the game actually called Eledees now? That's awful!

Hello, and welcome to several months ago. :heh:

I would change the topic title, but then that would just remind me that the game is not called Elebits anymore. I cannae take the strain, cap'n.

Dated for Europe!

Konami’s first Wii title is has finally been given a date for European release. Eledees (Elebits) will be hitting European store shelves come April 18th. Hopefully our European readers are interested in the title, it really is worth your time. I have to ask…how do you Euro gamers feel about the name change?

From GoNintendo.

Dated for Europe!

From GoNintendo.

:weep:

At least we have a date now. There must be a reason why this has a date of April. I reckon because quite a few games are out in March, that this game is a gap-filler when hardly anything is coming out in April.

Good idea, really.

WOW at least we get it at all. It seems Nintendo still doesn't care about EU gamers. Well could be worse .... oh damn, I forgot we pay a lot more than US/JAP too.

So I guess I that is a efficient way to battle piracy and region free hacks.

Great game but lousy developer support and as usual Nintendo does not care - because we simply have no choice.

Well, February has ET, March has DBZ and April has Eledees, I'm glad.

WOW at least we get it at all. It seems Nintendo still doesn't care about EU gamers. Well could be worse .... oh damn, I forgot we pay a lot more than US/JAP too.
Sadly that happens for pretty much everything, even computers, if it's 500 dolar in America it'll be 500 euro here.
So I guess I that is a efficient way to battle piracy and region free hacks.
Well, I guess that's one of the reasons NoE insisted so much on region lock, if not most people on this forum who wanted elebits/eledees would have imported it by now. Same for Trauma Center and other games.
Great game but lousy developer support and as usual Nintendo does not care - because we simply have no choice.
Konami is showing some promise, these localizations issues should not be accounted as Nintendo fault though (although, maybe they could have done more), Square-Enix titles are just as hideous when it comes to localization (not when it comes to quality, but time taken)... I mean... why isn't FFXII for PS2 out by now?

unacceptable too, and I'm not using it to take value off on this one, Europe is mistreated on a regular basis, and on a title like FF... it shouldn't.

I'm just glad they are releasing Elebits/Eledees, what pisses me the most is when some titles don't even come out; one of them was Baten Kaitos Origins and that one was even published by Nintendo.

I don't think you can really compare to Final Fantasy - those games are so text heavy that the regionalisation will inevitably take a long time.

Eledee's doesnt seem to be particularly text heavy so I don't see why it should take so long. But, hey, what can we do if the Wii is region locked...

I don't think you can really compare to Final Fantasy - those games are so text heavy that the regionalisation will inevitably take a long time.

Eledee's doesnt seem to be particularly text heavy so I don't see why it should take so long. But, hey, what can we do if the Wii is region locked...

I agree, from that point of view it's certainly more justificable to FF than to Elebits/eledee's to take time, but FF is a more important title, it sells a load more too...

They should just start translating those game's middleway through development, it's been done since OoT in Zelda series (although Zelda has no voice acting to be localized). FFXII came out in Japan back in march, and then in US in October, that's a big diference, I doubt they had localized a single phrase before the japanese launch.

They've got to change that, and of course, the diference between US release and ours is big too, as it's not out yet.

Of course, same should be done with titles like elebits/eledees; translations need to start earlier.

Love that boxart... i liked the first name better though.. and I don't care if it could offend 1 or 2 frenchmen.. and so what if we pay moore than the us and japan.. there is so far between the releases that im loaded.. ha ha ha

playdirect have a preorder offer 22.93 - bargain!!! Cant wait for this game!

It's just five day jump, nothing to worry about.
Indeed, besides I'm kinda hyped about this one but won't be getting it on launch, I'm broke having bought a Dreamcast and a Saturn last week; sucks to be poor. :grin:
playdirect have a preorder offer 22.93 - bargain!!! Cant wait for this game!
Do they ship outside UK?

EDIT: Can't find their website :(

It's just five day jump, nothing to worry about.

From 18. April (at least I did not read about any other delay) to 3. May its a bit more than 5 days - not really tragic but still. I wonder what Capcom did all the time - I bet this forum could make an equally good translation in less time :D

From 18. April (at least I did not read about any other delay) to 3. May its a bit more than 5 days - not really tragic but still. I wonder what Capcom did all the time - I bet this forum could make an equally good translation in less time :D
Capcom did nothing, the game is from Konami :P