NEurope
HazyUK

Eledees!

I might post this in an official topic just so I can get peoples opinions and be convinced that perhaps there is hope for Nintendo... :(

EDIT: Done.

Eledees. Ha! Great name. This looks like great fun, can't wait to try it.

Looks like they renamed it because if you translate "Et les bites" (which is pronounced Eh leh beets) from French to English you get..... (wait for it....) ..... "And The Cocks" (as in "Penis").

So, Nintendo Europe had to market a game in France called "And the Cocks" for the Wii....

So they renamed it!

Looks like they renamed it because if you translate "Et les bites" (which is pronounced Eh leh beets) from French to English you get..... (wait for it....) ..... "And The Cocks" (as in "Penis").

So, Nintendo Europe had to market a game in France called "And the Cocks" for the Wii....

So they renamed it!

hahaha awesome, I say they should have left it! f**k the french! their national football emblem is a cockeral after all!

lol, thats all I can think when I see solitanze's name, not just for his posts but how people react to him. Can an admin change his name to lolitanze plz? Much more fitting! Anyway, I just came by to comment on the new name, which I think is better because it has some actual sense and decent reasoning behind it. Aren't things in game called 'bits' though? What are they gonna be called now? 'Dees'?

What? Where? This makes absofreakinlutely no sense to me. Explain pls?

So they renamed it!

well they released PIKMIN here in denmark.. with the PIKPIK beeing the PIKMINS favorite food.. and Pik by the way is also something men have between their legs.... and MIN means "MY" so PIKMIN.. could as baby talk be translated as My cock.. "yes im going to play My Cock tonight.. yes ill just trow some CockCock at them".. or something

I think this game looks really underwhelming. I also think it will sell poorly.

These sorts of games often do. The name change won't help matters either. No chance in the world of getting Castlevania on Wii. It'll go to PS3 instead and just to rub it in, it will incorporate six axis motion sensing controls for things such as whipping when the creator dismissed Nintendos Wii remote as being a gimmick...

These sorts of games often do. The name change won't help matters either. No chance in the world of getting Castlevania on Wii. It'll go to PS3 instead and just to rub it in, it will incorporate six axis motion sensing controls for things such as whipping when the creator dismissed Nintendos Wii remote as being a gimmick...

That wouldn't surprise me at all. As for Snake being in Smash Bros. I'd have told Konami to f*ck right off. All they've done for Nintendo last generation was MGS:TTS. They've shown no real support for the Wii (I think Elebits looks like crap).

If Nintendo are going to pander to them, they should be forthcoming in giving something back.

I think this game looks really underwhelming. I also think it will sell poorly.

I think it'll do alright. The majority of comments I've read about the game are from people really looking forward to it. So I think it's highly anticipated.

I don't like the look of this game either though. At first I was interested, but after seeing it being played in a video clip on a recent N-Gamer cover disc, I've got to say it does look rather boring. It's not that the Wii can't deliver this type of gameplay well, it obviously can. It's that the game just doesn't look that entertaining. hmm.gif

Maybe its entertainment value doesn't become apparent until you're actually playing it. unknw.gif

Hmm... Is that one just Australia Cube?

Generally, it's the same. It's just on the rare occasion that Nintendo forget to translate very text-heavy games into the other languages, and then remember about Europe around a year later.

Shouldn't the Thread Title be changed??

Probably, but the new name sucks so I'm not going to do it. :heh:

I'm sure we have another thread on this too, with the name changed...

hahaha awesome, I say they should have left it! f**k the french! their national football emblem is a cockeral after all!

Yes I've always wanted to know from a Frenchman what it's like to have a big cock on their chest. :indeed:

Generally, it's the same. It's just on the rare occasion that Nintendo forget to translate very text-heavy games into the other languages, and then remember about Europe around a year later.

Arrgh blarahahafhaagasfaaaaaaaa.... NINTENDO DOESN'T TRANSLATE KONAMI'S OR ANY 3RD PARTY'S GAMES. :shakehead

But Eledees is a much better name....

I agree! It's a much better name than Elebits, how can anyone not think so? It's a clever play on words, whereas Elebits was just a bit of an amalgam of two words, I never liked it much.