NEurope
HazyUK

Eledees!

It appears that Konami has taken it upon themselves to rename Elebits for the European release, which still has no release date beyond a vague Spring Date.

The game in Europe will be called Eledees

uk.wii.ign.com/articles/753/753495p1.html

The reason for the change is unknown, my guess is maybe Elebits translates into

something rude somewhere in Europe.

Though I guess the new name sounds like LEDs?

Any thoughts on this name change?

What the hell? Why? I felt neutral about Elebits, but this now sounds quite horrible.

Still will look into this game regardless, its only a name after all.

This works, it sounds like LED's actually. Which is quite smart.

This works, it sounds like LED's actually. Which is quite smart.

I didn't actually notice that until you said. Man, I'm slipping up in my old age. ;)

They could have at least announced a date with that announcement. I hate having different names for EU/US, and we usually get the worst one. The only time we got a better one was when we got Another Code and they got Trace Memory

Hmmm, can't say I'm very enthousiastic about the new name. Still, it's only a name, and it still looks like a world of funfunfun! :wink:

The LED-reference is quite clever, though Elebits sounded like "bits of electricity", which made more sense.. in a freaky kinda way.

does that mean with the change of critter name, they'll be redoing all the voice work??

*crosses fingers*

I agree with Stocka that along with the name change a date should have been given. This is one title that im really looking forward to as it looks so quirky, which is my kind of scum.

hmmmm will always be elebits in my mind, just like everyone always calls Canis Cadem Edit- Bully. Is clever that it resembles LED's should have given us a date, the earlier this appears the more likely I am to get it. If it gets released too close to other bigger titles later in the year not a chance I will buy it...

Im surprised they changed the name, sometimes i get the impression that companies forget that the internet exists. Most of the people who are interested in the game are used to and comfortable with the old name, why change it??

Name is ok, but they better not have delayed it by like 4 months just so they can change it's name! 'Elebits' was a good name.

Do they think us European wouldn't understand it or something?

Odd. Looking like a April/May release here then! Why the wait i do not know....but like Stocka said a while back, this will helps it's sales. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to put it up against any 'Nintendo' made game or highly anticipated one for that matter!

http://www.nintendolife.com/articles/2007/01/08/you_say_elebits_i_say_eledees

That's an info page about it, which has a date of 15th Febuary. No idea if it's an estimate or what, but sounds interesting.

If it ends up being Feb 15, you can all follow the countdown in my sig if you're looking forward to it ^^

(that's not what my sig's counting down to, it just happens to be the same day)

They will face the negative repercussions that will follow for the changing of a perfectly fine name to an inferior one. Its not as it the game was going to sell anyway, this will ensure that it fails. Goodbye third party support from Konami...

They will face the negative repercussions that will follow for the changing of a perfectly fine name to an inferior one. Its not as it the game was going to sell anyway, this will ensure that it fails. Goodbye third party support from Konami...

As usual your insights into the gaming world fill us mere mortals with wonder - no wait a minute you talking shite for a change lol

If the game was gonna fail anyway what you getting your g string in a twist for? jeez I've never heard anyone so negative on here - if you havent got anything constructive to say then say nothing. :mad:

As usual your insights into the gaming world fill us mere mortals with wonder - no wait a minute you talking shite for a change lol

If the game was gonna fail anyway what you getting your g string in a twist for? jeez I've never heard anyone so negative on here - if you havent got anything constructive to say then say nothing. :mad:

Its just frustrating to see Wii slowly self destruct in the manner that it is, that's whats the base for my criticisms in posts... Of course, this can be avoided, if corrective ACTION is taken NOW, not in 2009 when its all over.

Really liked the look of this when I first saw it. I can see great mulitplayer matches in my household.

I didnt know about the new name change, it's quite funky.

Nah, it will do well, i can see it now. Alot of people are interested in it.

A name won't effect sales....just waiting longer for it is annoying.

Its just frustrating to see Wii slowly self destruct in the manner that it is, that's whats the base for my criticisms in posts...

The Wii slowly self destruct? what you on about???

Have you even bothered to get one yet? or are you still studying the percentage scores on Game Rankings just in case zelda had dropped another 0.01% which means it's a terrible game!

It's all very well coming out with these useless comments but unless you can actually back them up then there pretty pointless and getting on peoples nerves.

I know I really shouldn't really reply to your attention seeking rants but I'm basically getting sick of it - so please tell me how the Wii is slowly self destructing because I really cant see that happening myself.

The Wii slowly self destruct? what you on about???

Have you even bothered to get one yet? or are you still studying the percentage scores on Game Rankings just in case zelda had dropped another 0.01% which means it's a terrible game!

It's all very well coming out with these useless comments but unless you can actually back them up then there pretty pointless and getting on peoples nerves.

I know I really shouldn't really reply to your attention seeking rants but I'm basically getting sick of it - so please tell me how the Wii is slowly self destructing because I really cant see that happening myself.

I do own one and do like the system but there is one serious problem with the system thats not being given the attention it deserves... I'll post it shortly, just need to attend to something first...

I do own one and do like the system but there is one serious problem with the system thats not being given the attention it deserves... I'll post it shortly, just need to attend to something first...

For Christ Sake, man. Its barely been a month. The games will start piling up over time.

Oh great I can hardly wait! - I hope you come out with another gem like this regarding the freeloader -

Once again Nintendo letting their customer base down with silly ommissions that don't account for lost sales, but rather cost reduction and minimal at that. Guaranteed at least 1 million additional PS3 sales now...

Are you away to look in your crystal ball? if so send me the winning numbers for this Wednesdays lottery please! :p