NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darthbane2k

Bad Press = Sony at work?

Forgive me for being a conspiracy theorist, but with all of the wars and politics going on in the world, and especially with the Princess Diana inquest, why oh why does the FRONT PAGE, MAIN HEADLINE of London Lite read "WII MESSED UP - GAMES GIANT ADMITS BEST-SELLER IS FAULTY"

This obviously refers to the wrist strap issues of the Wii.

I noticed the article was written by technology correspondent Mark Prigg (a playstation fanboy based on previous partisan articles) and im wondering whether Sony have had a hand in this bad press.

Furthermore, they have printed that FAKE photoshopped picture of a wii mote actually embedded into a CRT TV.

Forgive me for being a conspiracy theorist, but with all of the wars and politics going on in the world, and especially with the Princess Diana inquest, why oh why does the FRONT PAGE, MAIN HEADLINE of London Lite read "WII MESSED UP - GAMES GIANT ADMITS BEST-SELLER IS FAULTY"

This obviously refers to the wrist strap issues of the Wii.

I noticed the article was written by technology correspondent Mark Prigg (a playstation fanboy based on previous partisan articles) and im wondering whether Sony have had a hand in this bad press.

Furthermore, they have printed that FAKE photoshopped picture of a wii mote actually embedded into a CRT TV.

can you post scans? will be interesting to see.

can you post scans? will be interesting to see.

Im at work, so I have no scanner but i'll send a picture message to my blog and link there..

image-upload-49-727414.jpg

This story can only run for a short while longer and then everyone will get bored of it and move on. Let's face it, it's not like it's ruining sales figures. There'll be plenty of bad press come the Sony launch due to the outrageous price of the thing.

This story can only run for a short while longer and then everyone will get bored of it and move on. Let's face it, it's not like it's ruining sales figures. There'll be plenty of bad press come the Sony launch due to the outrageous price of the thing.

Funny you should mention this, because that is the one thing the UK mainstream press fails to mention, when weighing up these 'next gen' consoles - the PRICE of the PS3.

Yes. Sony are clearly behind this.

I know it sounds ridiclious, but if you look up some of

Mark Prigg's article in the past, he clearly has a bias for Playstation and I would go so far to say an affiliation with SCEE (hinted through things he has said)

At least Nintendo are on the front page... But cmon, they are making a huge fuss over nothing. I havent even put on the wrist strap at all since I got the Wii. The big secret here is dont let go of the controller, how hard can that be?

Smells like Sony up to their dirty tricks again.

I think i spotted Sony Ninja's in town on Wii launch day.. chasing the Wii customers away from stores.

Yeah it's really not a biggie, I think they are only recalling them simply so if people do break their TV's now, they can say well its not our problem you should have sent it back.

Stupid papers like this blasting them for it, just don't know what they are talking about.

Yep!

http://www.wiidamage.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/wii_in_tv__1.jpg was the very same picture printed in the newspaper!

Thought so....

I dont think it was the result of a broken wii strap if it is genuine, judging by how the wiimote is weighted, the only way that could have genuinely happened is if the person was stood too close to the tv set and the controller was still in their hand. (Either that or it was a total fluke it wasnt embedded battery end first)

I say yes. Some heavies in suits broke into my house and kidnapped my dog, then I got a phone call telling me that if I ever told anyone how great I think the Wii is they would kill poor little Ruffles.

No, I don't think Sony have a hand in it, but I think it is very very likely. That may sound like a contradiction, but I dunno, I just think they wouldn't go that far, and at the same time that they would. I also wasn't aware that the photo in question has been shopped, but I wouldn't know how to tell as I have the photoshopping abilities of a speck of bacteria on a steamy turd.

(Ruffles is an awesome name, I decide here and now if I ever get a dog to call him Ruffles, it also sounds like roffles.)

I also wasn't aware that the photo in question has been shopped, but I wouldn't know how to tell as I have the photoshopping abilities of a speck of bacteria on a steamy turd.

It isn't photoshopped - someone just made a hole in their TV, loaded up Wii Bowling, took the batteries out of the Wii Remote, and stuffed the Wii Remote in the hole.

Could anyone post some facts as to why http://www.wiidamage.com/wp-content/...i_in_tv__1.jpg that picture is photoshopped?

Sure the Wiimote looks suspiciously blurry around the edges near the hole in the TV but then again there is a faint reflection on the TV whichs looks pretty authentical and if I was to photoshop that picture I'd surely forgotten about that.

its not photoshopped.

iran it though a hex editor which would say if it was, however it was taken with an OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sony had influence on a lot of newspapers. I've noticed that even my (local) paper has published just an article of half a page about the Wii, just a day before launch. When Nintendo announced the Wii-info on december 15, they didn't even mention it. Sony's PS3 impressions were more important. And a week after that, Sony's white PSP guided them through London and that got an entire article. Sony is rude in this case. They don't let the press run free. Let the bribes come in, then. Just give them free PS3's. Not in stock? Try giving them one from the next batch of 10,000 next week, okay?

Sony had influence on a lot of newspapers. I've noticed that even my (local) paper has published just an article of half a page about the Wii, just a day before launch. When Nintendo announced the Wii-info on december 15, they didn't even mention it. Sony's PS3 impressions were more important. And a week after that, Sony's white PSP guided them through London and that got an entire article. Sony is rude in this case. They don't let the press run free. Let the bribes come in, then. Just give them free PS3's. Not in stock? Try giving them one from the next batch of 10,000 next week, okay?

Hmmm, we read the same newspaper? Anyway, I noticed that the one we read at home is pretty much biased towards Sony too, always talking about them and rarely Nintendo (unless it's to point out something they did wrong). However, this week they had an entire page with two reviews, one for Rayman (9/10) and one for Red Steel (7/10). They also had a small part somewhere this week about how the Wii completely sold out. So maybe we're going in the right direction.

Maybe sony are not behind it. Maybe they wouldn't go that far. But still, there is nothing to say that the writer behind it (who many seem to think is biast towards sony) is just trying to set out on his own little mission to destroy nintendo!

Of course though he could easily be on sonys payroll and just doing what he is told...

Hmmm, we read the same newspaper? Anyway, I noticed that the one we read at home is pretty much biased towards Sony too, always talking about them and rarely Nintendo (unless it's to point out something they did wrong). However, this week they had an entire page with two reviews, one for Rayman (9/10) and one for Red Steel (7/10). They also had a small part somewhere this week about how the Wii completely sold out. So maybe we're going in the right direction.

Yes. Rayman and Red Steel. No Zelda to be found. And 'Het Belang van Limburg' also, sadly enough, missed the RRP of 250 and slashed the a whole 50 of it. Of course, this wasn't for real, so shopowners had the hear the complaint that 'the newspaper said and you're just scamming me'.

In dutch: Ik heb hier het Belang van Limburg. God wat een slechte krant. maar mijn pa wilt lokaal nieuws. En gamenieuws is niets voor Belgen, noch gammo noch belangr snapt er iets van. Let the english have the best reports on games (and that's why i'm on this forum).

Meh, papers are bollocks anyway. I hate them everytime they report on a video game. THEY ALWAYS GET THEIR INFORMATION WRONG!

I think i spotted Sony Ninja's in town on Wii launch day.. chasing the Wii customers away from stores.

That made me laugh :heh:

Sony don't need to be involved, a newspaper gets something to print, exagerates completely and that's their story for the day. It's not a big deal, people want to know why it's faulty so they check the page - oh the wrist strap might break one day.

Sign in to follow this