NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

Official Wii Play Thread

What's peoples' opinion on this game? Was it worth the extra cash from the standard Wiimote cost? Is it what you expected?

Personally, I think half of the games are worthwhile It was worth the money, but I wouldn't get it without another Wiimote.

Game wise, Fishing, Shooting Gallery, Tanks, Charge! and Table Tennis are the best ones. Pose Mii is boring, Find Mii gets repetative, and billiards is starting to grow on me. Laser Hockey is good - it's a challenge against the CPU though :P

And I'm rather happy - I got a Platinum medal in fishing earlier! Done the silver medal challenge too...Gotta grab some golds/Platinums :P

[is there another one of these? Looked back two pages and couldn't find one - sorry if I missed it!]

EAch game has its own task - teaching you various ways to play with Wii. In many ways, i'd say it would have proved a better pack in that WiiSports (although, a Sports Game catches more interest).

I'm not overly impressed with Billiards or Pose ii. Pose Mii needs more depth, and i just cant get on with billiards. Charge! is fun for the first two or three goes - basically, it needs more tracks - and Tanks is fun but sponteneic (each level intro screen takes most of the game time!).

That said, my girlfreind and I spend hours on Shooting Range, Find Me, Laser Hockey. With a little more development, I think Nintendo could have had its clasic first party game with WiiPlay.

Wii Play basically is a mix of tech demo's that in the current state they are in, should never have really been released in my honest opinion.

Whilst it shares alot of similar traits to Wii Sports in it's simplistic take on things, Wii Sports has so much more depth beneath it's surface, not only in the various game modes but also all the subtle hidden depth to the controls.

Wii Play has none of this wot so ever. Pose Mii and Find Me should never have been put there as games, in my opinion they could have even been included as part of the Mii Channel.

As for the others shooting range is great fun and can see myself going back until I get a perfect school.

Billiards is ok needed more variety though, maybe different backgrounds, table colours just to add abit of difference to each game.

Charge is ok, just boring after a while cos there's only 1 track so quickly get boring.

Fishing isn't bad, controls are abit sensitive and the visual style is perhaps the most simplistic out of the bunch, nice hand drawn pics (by a five year old I reckon!)

Light Hockey is good only prob in multiplayer need two people who have adjusted to nuances of the paddles, as it can be pretty hard to get used to it and playing with someone who hasn't before and keeps getting the puck stuck can be very very annoying. Nice graphical style on this one.

Table Tennis is pretty cool nice alternative to Wii Tennis, if a little devoid of proper game modes (please Rockstar port Table Tennis!)

I know it was only £10 or however much extra on top of the wiimote but I don't ever think we should have had to of paid any money for this, and it certainly shouldn't be packaged in a box as if its a real game. I don't think the 3/10 some mags gave it are ill justified to be honest, I'd give it about the same mark.

Light Hockey is good only prob in multiplayer need two people who have adjusted to nuances of the paddles, as it can be pretty hard to get used to it and playing with someone who hasn't before and keeps getting the puck stuck can be very very annoying. Nice graphical style on this one.

Press A+B when the countdown is going on and you can change the shape of the paddles to a circle thing. Found that whilst reading the manual :P

Am I the only one who thinks Wii Play is awesome?

The medlas is a reasonable incentive for thevsingle player, but multiplayer the game is great - Shooting Range, Find Mii (how can anyone slag this off!!!!?), Table Tennis, Lazer Hockey, Billiards (though we have been so much better if it had english pool rules!), charge - all great in 2 player!!

And for £5 (where are people getting £10 from?) it's an absolute bargain!

The medlas is a reasonable incentive for thevsingle player, but multiplayer the game is great - Shooting Range, Find Mii (how can anyone slag this off!!!!?), Table Tennis, Lazer Hockey, Billiards (though we have been so much better if it had english pool rules!), charge - all great in 2 player!!

Bargain, yes. It's a good game, don't get me wrong. I've spent more time playing it than Wii Sports too due to the extra depth of the medals in single player. It's missing something though, and that's probably immersion.

My sister got a score of 60-odd on shooting earlier today.

She's 4, and is using the pointer function of the Wii Remote quite well.

Nope, I absolutely love it too!

I've got platinum medals on Shooting Range, Find Mii, Billiards and Charge! :awesome: And gold on everything else except Tanks (my least favourite game).

If you're into getting high score's / endurance style gameplay this game is a must, multiplayer and an extra Wii Remote is just the icing on the cake.

This game is VERY fun in multiplayer and also to relax from Zeldas and such. I highly recommend it, specially befcause of the remote.

What is this craze with putting "The Official" in thread titles? What makes this thread any more official then another? Are you Nintendo?

Anyway, I know this game isn't going to be great, but for £5, I might as well.

Cost me £3 so thought I might as well. Looks like the games will be quite good as an intro to the system, so I'm not expecting the world.

I love this game, I had a blast at it earlier today, got medelf a Platinum on Fishing. A gold on shoting wtih 524 i think.

A gold on the cow riding game, a silver on tanks. This game is awesome.

I love tanks, i have no idea why, its just quirky and awesome.

I like it. That's it. It's worth a fiver, but not a penny more. It's short, it's small and it's fun for a second. I can't thyink of anyone that I invited that played it longer then 2 minutes. I like the game, but that's it.

I do love the game with those cows. How's it called again? Charge. It's fun. Now, if Mario Kart uses this control, it would be tremendous fun. And, you can use EVERY button in this shape. Really. 1&2, B is avaible (not really to comfortable,k but good enough for context-sensitive), + and - are able to be reached and the A button can be used for rare actions. Now make it, Nintendo.

The wiimote/wiiplay bundle is probably the best value for money you will get in gaming this year!

The fact that in single player the games are all focused on getting high scores gives great incentive to keep playing them, and multi-player most of them are great. I absolutely love laser hockey, even if the computer does get rediculously good when you have pu about eight goals past it!

If anyone wants a wiimote then this is a must have!

I love it too!! This was getting more attention during the launch weekend, than Sports, but Sports is the number one party game for now! Absolutely love Find Mii, Shooting, Billiards and Tanks. I hate the cow racing game. The controlsl don't seem to work well for me on it. My mum even begs me for multiplayer games of Shooting(she loved Duck Hunt on the NES)! I always win tho :grin:

based on the RRP of £24.99 for the wiimote and then £34.99 for Wii Play, obviously not everyone will have paid this much, I didn't got it on staff discount.

Just still don't find it that much fun, have played it 3 times thats all,as for wii sports just keep going back to it all the time.

I love WiiPlay. I had great fun on it today with girlfriend and my Mom! My mates also like it. It's just good old fashioned pick-up-and-play fun and I think that's what makes it so appealing.

I'm best at Shooting Range, Table Tennis & Fishing!!

I love WiiPlay. I had great fun on it today with girlfriend and my Mom! My mates also like it. It's just good old fashioned pick-up-and-play fun and I think that's what makes it so appealing.

I'm best at Shooting Range, Table Tennis & Fishing!!

I agree. Give it a few months time I'm sure I'll be digging this out for a quick 20 minutes of fun.

It's awful! Shooting, billiards and charge are the only decent ones. I hate that you have to play all the crap ones to get to billiards too... my friend thinks he some kind of pool legend, and we were sitting there playing through all the crap ones (was the first time I played it) to get to it, although that's not really a problem now.

All the other ones are insanely poor, but it's worth the extra fiver.

Oh, I thought wiimotes were £30, £25's not too bad. I may definitely go pick up a forth at PC World then!

How can anyone say ANY of the games are INSANELY bad? They all control well enough and do exactly what they intend, you may noty like them but insanely bad is a bit harsh :)

Oh, I thought wiimotes were £30, £25's not too bad. I may definitely go pick up a forth at PC World then!

How can anyone say ANY of the games are INSANELY bad? They all control well enough and do exactly what they intend, you may noty like them but insanely bad is a bit harsh :)

well £24.99 is the RRP having said that was just in game and they sell them for £32.99, then £34.99 for Wii Play. But at HMV they are £24.99

Worth the extra £4.99 it cost me over the wii remote, however to be quite honest, we never touched Wiiplay since obtaining the medals.

Wiisports sees all of the multiplayer action and has way better replay value.

Have you even played the ones where you have to match the faces and stuff? The table tennis and fishing ones are an absolute bitch to control too.

Sign in to follow this