NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Blue Dragon

My most anticipated 360 game, looks BOO-TI-FUL. I really want to know when the PAL release will be.

TVG-X36-0014.jpg

Tons of trailers/footage:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2302

Information Stoen from Neogaf

Staff:

- Produced, written, designed and supervised by Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger)

- Character designs by Akira Toriyama (DBZ, Chrono Trigger)

- Music composed by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantay)

- Directed by Takuya Matsumoto (Nights, Blinx)

- World designed by Manabu Kusunoki (Panzer Dragoon)

- CG Cinematics by Robot (Onimusha, Grandia 3)

Gameplay:

- Enemies can been seen on the screen, there are no random encounters

- Each character has a different creature shadow

- There are 8 different class categories to pick from, each with their own skills and level system

- There is a 9th class which is a custom class that allows the player to fill the skill slots with skills and abilities gained from the other classes

- Characters do not equip weapons, only accessories

- There are field abilities to aid in evading enemies or gaining advantages before entering an encounter

- Characters can lure multiple groups of enemies into a single encounter

- Enemy types that are not friendly with each other will turn against one another if forced into the same encounter

- There is a world map, as well as an airship

- There is an airship shooting minigame

- There are about 500 treasure chests in the game

- There are about 5000 different examinable spots which will net you rewards

Other Details:

- The game spans over 3 DVDs

- The game is about 40-50 hours long

- There will be free downloadable content by Spring 2006

- Sequel(s) are in the planning stage

- Two manga series to run in Jump

- Blue Dragon ST (Secret Trick) will run in Monthly Jump starting Dec 6th 2006

- Blue Dragon Ral Ω Grado will run in Weekly Jump starting Dec 4th 2006

Voice Cast:

Shuu: Inoue Marina

Kuruku: Kawasumi Ayako

Jiro: Miyata Kouki

Zora: Kuwashima Houko

Marunero: Kozakura Etsuko

Nene: Norio Wakamoto

Zabo: Genda Tessho

Here's some screens I particularly like

bd23.jpg

picssss225003.jpg

picssss224043.jpg

picssss225004.jpg

748_0010.jpg

748_0019.jpg

Sexy soundtrack packaging

bdst.jpg

Everything about Blue Dragon screams YOU WANT ME STOCKA. And I bloody do.

This looks and sounds amazing!

Those pics are pure beautiful...I've aways wanted to own this type of game, with these visuals as in style and an rpg.

Whats the battle system like?

Is not real time is it, you encounter an emeny and its like FF style?

i really want this bad!!!! it looks like an amazing JRPG and lord knows how much i love them! pity we won't see it for AGES!!

Yeah, sucks we gotta wait! I hope the USA release is region free. Need more next gen RPGs now that most of the recent gen ones have finally come out. Still waiting on Rogue Galaxy and Persona 3 like.

Yeah, sucks we gotta wait! I hope the USA release is region free. Need more next gen RPGs now that most of the recent gen ones have finally come out. Still waiting on Rogue Galaxy and Persona 3 like.

OMG Rogue Galaxy looks amazing too!!! whens it out here if at all?

There hasn't been a European date announced as of yet. So I can't really say on that one. I've a modded PS2 so I'll be getting the USA release come 30th of January! :D

There hasn't been a European date announced as of yet. So I can't really say on that one. I've a modded PS2 so I'll be getting the USA release come 30th of January! :D

I may have a piece of that, I got a USA PS2 about 2 months ago and still havent touched it or Tales of Abyss.

On topic this has also got to be my most wanted title at the moment. I have listened to some of the music and its amazing and the whole graphical style is outstanding. This is exactly what the 360 needs to get into the Japanese market.

I love this video not just because of the battle but the music is so awesome!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15458&type=wmv&pl=game

Oh BTW Microsoft confirmed we would get it early than a normal JRPG because its getting published byMicrosoft, so probably xmas 07

this is my anticapated game as well this game sounds awesome :D cant wait really hope we dont have to wait tooooooo long

Wow this does look good, kinda reminds me of Grandia II on Dreamcast, which I might have to play tomorrow because I STILL haven't finished it.

I'm glad it's not out for a while tbh because I've still ot a lot of games to be playing and very little time to play them all. Hopefully it'll be out in the next year though.

Turn-based combat slays me, but Toriyama art design sways me. Random encounters are a no, ensuring I'll give this game a go.

I'll buy this, hopefully we'll get it in the same deluxe package the Japanese have, or at least a region free USA version so I can import or I'll be distraught.

Man, why am I rhyming?

---

Check out the game's opening. You play it as the credits roll. Damned awesome

If it wasn't for the Toriyama's art, nobody would even know about this game.

This game looks..interesting. Is it just straight-out turn based with nothing more added in? Because Dragon Quest was like that, and it bored me.

I really would want this....but 'turn-based' combat isn't my cup of tea.

mmmm. Have to wait for more English impressions i think.

Looks wonderful though. Shame it isn't like a adventure/action game..with RPG elements thrown in...but real-time combat! Like Kingdom Hearts!

Meh to all you turn based haters. I like both turn-based(e.g. Skies) and real-time (e.g. ToS) if they're done well. There are many pros of turn-based, the battles are more strategic, and you can use the whole group.

Meh to all you turn based haters. I like both turn-based(e.g. Skies) and real-time (e.g. ToS) if they're done well. There are many pros of turn-based, the battles are more strategic, and you can use the whole group.

I agree, in fact my favorite game of all time is turn-based, Final Fantasy 8. I just wanted to know if it changes anything or if it is a simple as selecting fire from a menu then watching a fire spell.

I agree, in fact my favorite game of all time is turn-based, Final Fantasy 8. I just wanted to know if it changes anything or if it is a simple as selecting fire from a menu then watching a fire spell.

Well done for loving FF8!

From watching the videos it does look like the game keeps it simple by selecting a a move and then watching it.

Like a few of you, I also don't mind whatever style the RPG is. I love turn-based and real time, plus the mixture of two rock as well. :D Parasite Eve!!!

Like a few of you, I also don't mind whatever style the RPG is. I love turn-based and real time, plus the mixture of two rock as well. :D Parasite Eve!!!

I don't think I mind either, Grandia II is quality, and I too really liked FFVIII when it was out, but my save got deleted halfway into disc 2 and I never went back to it.

I also loved Oblivion so maybe I'm more of an RPG fan than I thought.

I'm really looking forward to Blue Dragon, I'm glad that microsoft have finally had a hit in Japan.

The game is pencilled in for March 2007, give or take a couple of months :)

________

Yz450f

Edited by Johelian

bdweird.gif:laughing:

Just been watching that as well. It's Friday after all.

First extensive footage I've seen of the game, and it looks damn good graphically, with the art style being typical Dragon Ball.

Not sure it's the sort of game I'd like to play through nowadays, as I've really gone off them RPG's that require all that level grinding.

Footage of Lost Odyssey has me hyped as well.

Sign in to follow this