N-Europe

Blue Dragon

Stocka

OMG! May! :shock:

I'm hoping it's released around June/July in Europe, as well as Eternal Sonata, and then I can hopefully get them for my birthday on August 4th after my two holidays abroad. These are like the perfect summer games too. Man, jRPG heaven is arriving again :D

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be using the Japanese audio track as well. Unless by some miracle they hire a half decent cast.

Still May eh? Let's hope it's region free.

If we look at the region free games so far - they have been region free woldwide. However the Jap version isn't region free so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Might aswell post this here as the 360 board tends to move too fast...

Mistwalker producer Hironobu Sakaguchi has hinted that we could see an online sequel to Blue Dragon.

"We're in talks with Microsoft about development of a sequel," Sakaguchi told Japanese site Gpara.com. "Specifics aren't finalised, but there's a possibility that it will be produced as an online title."

It's not the first time he's expressed an interest in the genre, having previously revealed in a GDC conference that he'd like to talk to Microsoft about making an online role-playing game.

So by "Online" does that mean MMO or Co-op or what?

Also, can they please release the first game and THEN talk about the sequel, I can guarantee someone will spoil the ending of the first game when talking about a possible sequel....

"OMG, how can they do a sequel now that we know that the blue dragon is actually the lead character's dead father in disguise and Tyler Durdan is an imaginary character etc etc etc"

• 4 weeks later...

Xboxyde

I've received my copy of Blue Dragon Asia version a few hours ago, and like a good fan of this excellent game I immediately started recording the beginning. What a pleasure it is to finally exactly understand what's going on thanks to the menus and subtitles in English. This is just the perfect version of the game for me, especially since us Europeans won't have the Japanese voices available. Anyway, I'm thinking about doing a "journal" of my adventures in the game, with new images and videos every few days. So it will be up to you to decide when to stop watching if you don't want to be spoiled too much. As for now, you can safely watch the very first 10 minutes of the game.

Update: Just a day late, here is the second video showing what happens next, with some really strange enemies :)

Update2: Just so you guys forgive me about my tardiness with the second video, here comes the third one where we finally get to see the shadows!

If you are like me and you hate play games in anything but their original version (be it Japanese or English) and you live and Europe... Tough luck. The European version of Blue Dragon won't have the Japanese language track anymore, so your only solution would be to import this version along with an Asian 360 system. Then you'll even be able to buy the much cheaper Asian versions of the games as they are released ;)

:(

Link

I'm not really looking forward to this game anymore. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason, I don't like the art style, even though Toriyama designed all the characters. Seems to be one of those quirky rpg's rather than the more serious ones that I'm into.

I'm not really looking forward to this game anymore. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason, I don't like the art style, even though Toriyama designed all the characters. Seems to be one of those quirky rpg's rather than the more serious ones that I'm into.

I've kinda gone off this aswell especially after seeing Eternal Sonata. I'm still going to get it though! :hehe:

• 5 weeks later...
We have a date people!

Blue Dragon will be released in Europe on 24th August 2007!

The exact sameday as Bioshock! What a day!

*cums*

I better start saving damn it!

I hope my 360 doesn't blow by then-then again i've hardly touched it, but it seems you only have to look at it funny and it has a heart attack.

Ah, that game that everyone plays wow instead of, right.

:weep:

I'm really looking forward to it and I really like how GW is, but enough talk of GW.

Has anything been said about Blue Dragon's DLC? They have a extra dungeon etc so would we get that at launch?