NEurope
RedShell

Wii Release List

Ah, fair enough, I thought you meant IGN had published an article. Unless there's been a last minute delay, it's definitely out on the 20th...

Gutted. I was very much looking forward to this. Hopefully it'll come in due course.

Yeah it's a real shame. :(

I guess they took the US sales figures into account (which are incredibly low, something like 40K I think :blank:) and just thought sod it.

A little hope for BlastWorks has surfaced. Apparently NGamer have reviewed it in their new issue and Gameplay have the game back on their site with a date of 3rd April :)

Yeh it's now appearing on the Majesco website as April so fingers crossed that it gets released as it looks great and I just want to try out the level builder to come up with something completely insane.

A little hope for BlastWorks has surfaced. Apparently NGamer have reviewed it in their new issue and Gameplay have the game back on their site with a date of 3rd April :)
Excellent!! :hehe:

Cheers for posting H-o-T. icon14.gif

*crosses fingers*

BlastWorks is in stock over at play.com yet on Gameplay they say it isnt released til next week and Game dont even have the thing listed ::shrug:

Was wondering about this and whether it got released or not. Didn't see if in any of the game stores I was in but then I wasn't really paying attention, just killing time. Supposed to be out so I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm a bit doubtful that it's gonna get a release at all now what with so many faux-release dates.

BlastWorks is in stock over at play.com yet on Gameplay they say it isnt released til next week and Game dont even have the thing listed ::shrug:
What the hell?! :confused:

I've currently got it ordered with Gameplay, still it's very strange how it's on their site and not on GAME.

This situation is just incredibly bizarre. ::shrug:

For those waiting on Blastworks, Eidos have released a press release stating that the title is now available to purchase in the UK, which is strange as I haven't seen it on any store shelves. ::shrug: I'll have a look when I'm out tomorrow I seriously doubt it'll be on any store shelves.

For those waiting on Blastworks, Eidos have released a press release stating that the title is now available to purchase in the UK, which is strange as I haven't seen it on any store shelves. ::shrug: I'll have a look when I'm out tomorrow I seriously doubt it'll be on any store shelves.
Man, what a mess of a release! :heh:

But at least it's definitely happening now. icon14.gif

My order at gameplay says it'll be available this Thursday. I still won't believe the game even exists until I actually have a copy of it in my hands though. :laughing:

I bought blast works about a month ago, but never really got into it. I'll have to give it another try soon though.

Thanks for that. I have just ordered it off play.com as they have it in stock now and I dont want to miss the chance of owning this game especially as the release is clearly limited.

Yeh saw it for sale on Play. Tempted to get it, purely because the customisation factor is something I know I'd put a lot of time into, creating something that would be completely insane and difficult to complete. As I've said, I'm going out tomorrow so I'll be able to tell whether or not the game is available in stores and not just online.

One of the strangest things about it is though that over on Majesco Europe's website, the game stills says a Nov 2008 release and was taken down from the release schedule last week, and this shows titles that have been released already so I was, and still am, a little pessimistic that it'd ever see the light of day.

I bought blast works about a month ago, but never really got into it. I'll have to give it another try soon though.
Quick question, are the edit features available from the start of the game?

Thanks for that. I have just ordered it off play.com as they have it in stock now and I dont want to miss the chance of owning this game especially as the release is clearly limited.
Hmm... I'm gonna stick with my gameplay order for now, hopefully it'll be posted by tomorrow, otherwise I'll switch to play.

Let me know when play.com send yours out. :)

Quick question, are the edit features available from the start of the game?

Hmm... I'm gonna stick with my gameplay order for now, hopefully it'll be posted by tomorrow, otherwise I'll switch to play.

Let me know when play.com send yours out. :)

Its on packing now so it will probably be sent out by the end of the day, hopefully I will get it for the weekend.

Right, either Eidos is bullshitting about Blastworks being available to buy now in the Uk or it's an online only title because I've been to 2 towns and a city, checked all available stores that stock games and none have it or know of it. Really, if you're going to release a press release saying your title is available to purchase, make god damn sure that it is. If, like me, you are wishing to pick this up then I suggest getting it online because it doesn't look as though it's going to turn up in stores. It might appear this Friday but it doesn't go with Eidos' press release and we've heard that it'd be released on a certain date and then not appear so I'm not hopeful.

It sounds like I'm angry and in a way I am because I was looking forward to the title and I like to procure my titles by going into store and buying them and not getting them online. But guess that's what I'm going to have to do.

Right, either Eidos is bullshitting about Blastworks being available to buy now in the Uk or it's an online only title because I've been to 2 towns and a city, checked all available stores that stock games and none have it or know of it. Really, if you're going to release a press release saying your title is available to purchase, make god damn sure that it is. If, like me, you are wishing to pick this up then I suggest getting it online because it doesn't look as though it's going to turn up in stores. It might appear this Friday but it doesn't go with Eidos' press release and we've heard that it'd be released on a certain date and then not appear so I'm not hopeful.

It sounds like I'm angry and in a way I am because I was looking forward to the title and I like to procure my titles by going into store and buying them and not getting them online. But guess that's what I'm going to have to do.

Well my order is still stuck as "pre-ordered" on gameplay, it should have been shipped by now.

Something is definitely not right. :wtf:

H-o-T, any luck with play.com, did they send it?

Well my order is still stuck as "pre-ordered" on gameplay, it should have been shipped by now.

Something is definitely not right. :wtf:

H-o-T, any luck with play.com, did they send it?

Yeah, my copy from play.com got shipped yesterday. I don't think I will have it for the weekend seeing as its a bank holiday, fingers crossed though :)

Just a heads up that BlastWorks does infact exist as my copy arrived this morning from Play. I will bump up the old BW topic and post some impressions when I get around to playing on it. ( beating FFIV before I start anything else )

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Just a heads up that BlastWorks does infact exist as my copy arrived this morning from Play. I will bump up the old BW topic and post some impressions when I get around to playing on it. ( beating FFIV before I start anything else )

Cool, looking forward to hearing your impressions. I watched some videos of BlastWorks ages ago when it was in development and it looked kinda groovy. :hehe: Why bump the other thread when we could just rename this one? :indeed:

Just a heads up that BlastWorks does infact exist as my copy arrived this morning from Play. I will bump up the old BW topic and post some impressions when I get around to playing on it.
Excellent. icon14.gif

Looking forward to your impressions too, will give me something to do while I wait for my copy to arrive. :hehe:

Why bump the other thread when we could just rename this one? :indeed:
Very good. :laughing:

Oh well. I put it's non-appearance in my area down to living in the most dismal place in Scotland. I'll have to find a copy of it as I'm wanting to try it out and make some crazy levels.

Haha. Nice rename ;)
Indeed, that Stevo's a cheeky chappy. :heh:

BlastWorks is definitely out- I saw it on the shelf in Game this morning. :hehe:
How much were they asking for it?

I'm still waiting for mine to be sent! :shakehead

Indeed, that Stevo's a cheeky chappy. :heh:

Sorry. :blush: I wasn't going to and then I posted about BlastWorks so I thought why not... :heh:

How much were they asking for it?

I'm still waiting for mine to be sent! :shakehead

As far as I remember it was £29.99- definitely wasn't any less. If for some reason it had been a budget release I would no doubt have impulse bought it, lol.