NEurope
RedShell

Wii Release List

well i still have to see it happen. i expect galaxy to get released in the US before the EU although i hope i am so wrong

I wish Smash Bros. was being released here this year....Hopefully it'll only be Jan...maybe Feb i could handle :( ....I don't think I could actually...GET IT HERE IN DEC NoE!!!

Would be the best selling game ever for Xmas...For Nintendo at least.!!!

NGamer say that NoE are trying as hard as they can to get Mario Kart and Wii Fit out in Europe before Xmas 2007.

"Trying hard" means nothing. I can try hard to build an airplane, doesn't mean I'm going to.

Seems more of an stall. "We're tying hard to work on it, honest." Then come October/November time they say "ooh sorry, couldn't do it. But we now have a date of March. Yay look forward to it :D"

Europe definately should have been given Mario Kart or Wii Fit to take the stupid absence of Brawl, but obviously thats too sensible for NOE.

Or, make a worldwide release of Brawl in 2007, and worldwide releases of MK and WF in 2008!

But no, that wouldn't be fair would it.

they should make the Wii region free that way NoE can get the games here on the same time as any other world country. but we can blame NoE as mush as we want but the biggest problem is the European laws that insist that every game gets its own description in the country's language. meening that NoE hast to translate every game in what 15+ languages?

but on the other hand they should get the game in there office sooner to start the translating.

they should make the Wii region free that way NoE can get the games here on the same time as any other world country. but we can blame NoE as mush as we want but the biggest problem is the European laws that insist that every game gets its own description in the country's language. meening that NoE hast to translate every game in what 15+ languages?

but on the other hand they should get the game in there office sooner to start the translating.

1)Not true.

2) Yes but how long does that take maybe a couple of weeks to get approval max.

3)They'll get it in soon enough just they don't have big enough sized teams of translators.

3)They'll get it in soon enough just they don't have big enough sized teams of translators.

So the lesson here is everyone should learn Japanese and every European language ever so that future generations don't have as much hassle.

So the lesson here is everyone should learn Japanese and every European language ever so that future generations don't have as much hassle.

No I don't think thats the case, after all thats why we don't import all Nintendos games from Japan. I just think they may have too small sized teams translating into the 6 languages of Europe. After all thats what we want from a game is to enjoy it in "the gamers" native language, thats why translators translate afterall.

Therefore too thinly spread across multiple projects. Surely translating shouldn't take as long as did with Super Paper Mario. But props to them for bringing out Tingles RPG to Europe.

Sorry if thats at all confusing Ashley.

I still think that Britain, Spain and France should get the American versions, so that we personally don't need to wait for the translations we wouldn't use. Then, if another country wants to import it and use one of those languages, they can do so, or if they want to wait for the european language release, they can do. That way, only some people would be waiting, rather than everyone. You might say "thats unfair on the people that wait", but they would be waiting anyway, and is it not unfair on us that we have to wait for the other languages?

The reason Paper Mario is taking longer is to localise jokes and quirks in the dialog. For that reason it is an exception to my idea.

All these late release dates aren't NoE's fault. NoJ decides what gets released when, and quite frankly, would them Japanese care about Europe?

All these late release dates aren't NoE's fault. NoJ decides what gets released when, and quite frankly, would them Japanese care about Europe?

Well by that logic, no offense or anything, but we shouldn't be getting Tingle RPG in the UK. But yes to some degree they decide what gets released when because NoJ usually makes all of Nintendos first party titles.

1)Not true.

2) Yes but how long does that take maybe a couple of weeks to get approval max.

Well in 1 i said: they should make the Wii region free that way NoE can get the games here on the same time as any other world country

i do not know this is possible legally but it would be great if we saw US games here in Europe as a beta release game and release the fully translated version as an alpha version later for the people that cant understand American/English

2 i really do not know how the legal improvements work in every country in Europe. i think some give more trouble than other country's

3 if that is the problem Nintendo really should expand there translator team!

Thanks for you respond!

No I don't think thats the case, after all thats why we don't import all Nintendos games from Japan. I just think they may have too small sized teams translating into the 6 languages of Europe. After all thats what we want from a game is to enjoy it in "the gamers" native language, thats why translators translate afterall.

Therefore too thinly spread across multiple projects. Surely translating shouldn't take as long as did with Super Paper Mario. But props to them for bringing out Tingles RPG to Europe.

Sorry if thats at all confusing Ashley.

I meant learn all these languages and work for Nintendo. Sorry, I didn't make that clear before.

I meant learn all these languages and work for Nintendo. Sorry, I didn't make that clear before.

I'm not sure if thats sarcasm

But here goes, just wait. It takes time to translate games.

:smile:

Well by that logic, no offense or anything, but we shouldn't be getting Tingle RPG in the UK. But yes to some degree they decide what gets released when because NoJ usually makes all of Nintendos first party titles.
It's actually the truth you know... The release dates are corporate policy; Nintendo of Europe is actually just a division of the bigger Nintendo (of Japan), which decides when the games come out. Nintendo of Europe is not some self-governing company that can delay games as much as they please, as some seem to think.

Also, Tingle RPG will make profit if they release it in Europe. Because it may sell less than in Japan is no reason for not trying to make money here.

Nintendo of Europe is not some self-governing company that can delay games as much as they please, as some seem to think.

Yes, if NoE was deciding, then they would have a better idea for release dates, as they know the status of translation. Look at Metroid Prime Pinball - Nintendo of Europe didn't even know why it took so long to get to Europe (despite the fact that it was made in the UK).

It's actually the truth you know... The release dates are corporate policy; Nintendo of Europe is actually just a division of the bigger Nintendo (of Japan), which decides when the games come out. Nintendo of Europe is not some self-governing company that can delay games as much as they please, as some seem to think.

Also, Tingle RPG will make profit if they release it in Europe. Because it may sell less than in Japan is no reason for not trying to make money here.

Yep, but the way I understood was that NoJ says you must release game X Y and Z in your territory. Then its up to NoE to translate and publish any time they want.

But of course if your right then sorry, but like I say just wait for it.

The release list so far;

Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) 14th September 2007

Freshly Picked - Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland (Nintendo) 14th September 2007

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo) 19th October 2007

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo) 26th October 2007

Forever Blue (tentative title) (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Battalion Wars 2 (tentative title) (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Mario Party DS (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Advance Wars DS 2 (tentative title) (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) 2008

The release list so far;

Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) 14th September 2007

Freshly Picked - Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland (Nintendo) 14th September 2007

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo) 19th October 2007

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo) 26th October 2007

Forever Blue (tentative title) (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Battalion Wars 2 (tentative title) (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Mario Party DS (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Advance Wars DS 2 (tentative title) (Nintendo) Q4 2007

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) 2008

With the third-party games as well, it's pretty fantastic, but for heavens sake give us some exact dates now PLEASE.

Im going to be at sea when all the great games come out. Going to have to wait until nearly christmas before i dcan buy any of them and by then i will probably be skint :(