NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Bad Influence

Are all these "Best of 2006" type threads getting on your wick? I mean, the years just happened, lets wait ten years before we reminisce on it. :smile:

If anyone doesnt know, the title of this speaks of an old program on CITV in the nineties. It starred Andy Crane (or Crayon as I prefer) and Violet Berlin. It was about computer games and spanned four series, up until the N64 (Ultra 64!) launch/ just before it.

I probably wouldnt make this thread if that little blurb was all I had to tell you, but heres the clincher: last night I actually googled Bad Influence after all this time, I mean why didnt I do that sooner?? Well I found a great site about it that you should all check out - they have even some episodes uploaded there. Really informative stuff. Google for it incase me putting a link is advertising. :heh:

When you get there, what you want to check out is series three, I think, they did a 12 Days o' Christmas :santa: themed computer game song. It was sooo good and watching it again is well worth it if anyone remembers it!

So then, does anyone know this show? In my opinion its the best computer games program theres been, yes even eclipsing GamesMaster. Who agrees?

Talk about blast from the past! I remember this and I thought it was great. Didnt it have some freak on it aswell doing the cheats section? It was better than Gamesmaster when that Dexter guy was on but not when it was in its prime with Dominic Diamond.

dude... that was... dare I say it... crap.

Ooh, controversy from the new guy! :shock:

I still stand by my view that it was a good old show and atleast Hero-o'-Times with me on that. You should really check out the website. I always thought that instead of "a partridge in a pear tree" they sang "and a cartridge in a SNES." Turns out its "a cartridge in a teeveeee," jeepers.

I'm not 'the new guy' I started here in revo-europe times in september 2005 as Triple_C but forgot my password!

EDIT: I was also on cube-europe

I always recorded that infoblast cheat thing or whatever it was at the end of show. Not because I gave a shit about the cheats but because I thought it was 'pretty cool'

dude... that was... dare I say it... crap.

it was crap i agree.Ye just liked it because you were a kid but it was hilarious.After watching some oldies recently.They didnt have a clue how to use the n64 controller

Jeekers, ok so it may look wick nowadays but at the time there was nothing on apart from GamesMaster that I can remember that covered games. Are there any really great computer game programs on these days? Not really. GamesMaster was a cheesefest and so was Bad Influence, but it had some cool features and stuff and was a cool thing to watch.

As for that info blast at the end, I never taped it but I wanted to. My mate did one time and the stuff in it wasnt that great like - nothing NMS wouldnt tell you. It was still a hip way to finish each show with though. :santa:

Anyone got micro machines for the mega drive? I remember they visited codemaster for one episode and put Violet Berlin in the game as one of the characters. Shes the one with the with white flat top hairstyle :D

Anyone got micro machines for the mega drive? I remember they visited codemaster for one episode and put Violet Berlin in the game as one of the characters. Shes the one with the with white flat top hairstyle :D

LMBO. I totally remember that, although I was always Spider.

Cant remember who I was in Micro Machines - probably Spider aswell lol. I cant mind that feature they did on it though. Recently online I watched a feature Bad Influence did on ILM, it was cool to rewatch it. That guy was so naff to watch now, yet kinda cool at the time :bouncy:

Do you guys think that we'll ever see a great computer games program on regularly nowadays? I watched some of that stuff on Bravo (that was the channel, yeah?) the other year and it was all a bit wick - not up to date and not really reporting anything new. Maybe we dont need a TV show seeing as we've the web...?

Yeah the internet has it all. It's got everthing any magazine has (except the awful competitions) and everything Bad Influence had.

Just listening to the N-E Podcast, theyre talking about the Wii channels. A games channel would be good enough for us Nintendo fans as we could just see footage and whatever of games coming to Wii and DS. It'd still be great to see games being favoured enough to have a proper weekly thing on telly. J-Drive on Live and Kickin' just didnt cut the mustard :sad:

I'm suprised there isn't some sort of video podcast doing stuff like Bad Influence and GamesMaster.

What was the thing on SkyOne a while back? Was it Gamesmaster?

EDIT: I was looking on iTunes and there is quite alot.

Violet Berlin actually did one on Sky, but I cant for the life of mind what it was called, itll come to me... else someone'll post it up.

Theres Cybernet thats was on late night on ITV... it was kind of ok. I remember watching it one night a while back, just after E3 and they showed the intro to Smash Bros Melee at the end. Boy was that worth sitting up for :yay:

LMBO. I totally remember that, although I was always Spider.

I think everyone was always him :P

Gamezville?

Haha Gamezville was so bad it became cult viewing in my house when we had cable. Watching Daz and Jamie trying to string a sentence together was entertainment enough in itself :D

Haha Gamezville was so bad it became cult viewing in my house when we had cable. Watching Daz and Jamie trying to string a sentence together was entertainment enough in itself :D

Iz youz out there at home gotz some mad skillz? Or iz you gonna be whitewashed?

You mean like that? :p

Sign in to follow this