NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jackster

Dolby Pro Logic 2

Hey, I was just wondering that since it seems my TV doesn't have any Audio Inputs for Component I'm gonna need a new sound setup, so would DPL2 be an option with the two audio Component cables? I'm not really sure if it would, since I think Component only has L and R audio channels.

DPL2 is like 5.1 sound isn't it? How would I go about setting that up from my Wii to the Speakers?

Pro Logic 2.1 actually means Stereo + Bass. It's actually 2 speakers + 1 Bass, that's what the 2.1 stands for.

Just connect the red and white jags to your surround set and it'll be okay.

If you don't have a surround set, you can't set up DPL2. You need a 'home theater' (you know, those things with five speakers and a bass), or at least a home theater that can process DPL2. Then just connect it to the decoder (wich, at this time, is most of the time your dvd-player in the theatre). There's no more I can tell to help out here, though.

I think you will find your tv does have the audio inputs. They should be the white and red ones that go with a yellow to make a composite connection. Componenet is only the visual side of things.

You can plug the audio into a non Dolby Prologic stereo, but it won't decode the surround sound channels.

Sign in to follow this