NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

GAME Rep: Componant Cables in January?

I popped in to my local GAME Store today, and asked about componant cables for the Wii. Turns out they aren't expecting an order until January 12th/14th - this was in their stockbook. Is it safe to assume this is a store thing, a chain-wide factor something that'll cover GB/EU as a whole?

Interestingly enough on another note, they had standalone Wiimotes in.

It looks like I'll have completed Twilight Princess before I've even seen what it looks like with a component cable. Oh well... :cry:

Just keep your eye on eBay and in stores for third party ones. I have a Mad Catz component cable and the Wii looks great with it.

He does...

Ebay

£77

need i say more?

Here i was thinking £25 was alot for component cables :bleh:. Anyone who pays that much is just insane, and coming from me you can gurantee that's bad. :shakehead

The amount of times ive posted this - I should be paid commission!

Anyway..

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/index.html

in stock too.

The link I provided are for the Official Japanese ones, imported from Hong Kong. Thats what I bought and had delivered within 2 days with EMS Speedpost, simply because I could not wait for the UK ones to be released. The japanese ones work fine in 480p 60hz and I have never had to have witnessed my Wii in dreadful composite.

That site has a terrible order system, which is why i haven't used it. Plus where does it say instock? Maybe someone bought them all for ebay?

edit: Oh and it's not exactly cheap either... $50 and that's without shipping, from what i can tell.

Ther's alot of cheap component cables on ebay. any one know if they are good?

They don't look that good (the cheapest ones)

That site has a terrible order system, which is why i haven't used it. Plus where does it say instock? Maybe someone bought them all for ebay?

edit: Oh and it's not exactly cheap either... $50 and that's without shipping, from what i can tell.

50 USD = 26 GBP using todays exchange rates.

Its a good option, plus you get an OFFICIAL NINTENDO cable. Why not get some cheap Classic Controllers or Nunchucks or Wii Remotes too while you are at it to justify shipping. All of those items work out to be just over a tenner each.

The ordering system is fine. All you have to do is email the shop with your request and shipping option. They get back to you with a secure worldpay link to make payment. You get a tracking number before the end of the day. Furthermore they will gladly mark the item down to avoid customs.

If you prefer to go the official UK release route then fine.

But I went via the Golden shop route and I had my component cables from day one.

Either way, I would avoid ebay and the dodgy 3rd party knock off solutions.

My GAME said they'd have the cables in friday. And so does the website, so I hope its right.

When i aksed in HMV and Virgin they both said this friday also... we can only live in hope!

My GAME said they'd have the cables in friday. And so does the website, so I hope its right.

When I picked my Wii up on friday they told me I'd get the component cable at the end of next week so I was told the same.

Hope they are right and its not January, but Friday:)

Perhaps someone can call Koch (Nintendo Europe's distributors) to verify this

You could couldnt you :wink: for me... for us.. yeah.. cheers your a diamond .. tell us what they say!

He does...

Ebay

£77

need i say more?

He said he had componant, that's why I asked. ;)

Nevermind. :indeed:

I ordered ofrom Amazon and its estimated they are arriving 5 f&*king days ago! At least they could change their estimate!

The email we got this morning suggested soonish, this week. Can't remember exactly when.

i got confirmation from my game supplier that the official component cables are released tomorrow, unless they are delayed again :shock:

I phoned around a couple places today, Game, HMV, toys r us, all say they have been told they should be getting them in tommorow, Game said they should be getting them tiommorowo so to ring back at like 11am as they will have had delivery by then and will know.

Something strkes me as odd about tomorrows 'release' - first of all, retailers seldom recieve shipment of stock as late as the actual day of official release. So why have no retailers recieved any stock of these component cables in advance of the official street date?

Secondly - I really hope you guys have preordered these cables, demand will huge..

Something strkes me as odd about tomorrows 'release' - first of all, retailers seldom recieve shipment of stock the day of release. So why have no retailers recieved any stock of these component cables in advance of the official street date?

Secondly - I really hope you guys have preordered these cables, demand will huge..

Yeah i have had mine pre-orderd since october... and i think your right... i bet no-one gets them tomorow

Sign in to follow this