NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Andy88

Is there actually going to be any wii's on general sale anytime this year?

well since you don't say where you are from it's hard to say :)

but in Glasgow I have heard that there will be a shipment due in from Nintendo in the next week or so and they will be going first come first served

at least that accounts for HMV, Virgin and Game here anyway

(I got a friend looking for one :) )

You better keep looking. It will be very hard but there must surely be a few Wii's available somewhere.

nope, not in london, i visited all blockbusters, gaestation and game, virgin and HMV, PC world, ASDA and woolworths, nothinig untill the new shipment comes in next week. apparently some trucks are stuck in germany or something like that.

i really dont see my self having a Wii till like mid/end of Jan, 07.

and whats killing me is i have a wii-mote and wii play, zelda and 2000 points and it killing me.

Buy one of ebay if you're that desperate. I may actually have 2 Wii's soon, if my Gameplay order doesn't get cancelled, so might sell to someone on here for retail price. Might need to cut my losses though, cus I've got an Ebay console coming too, so I might have to sell on Ebay.

Well at my work we have only have 14 more preorders to complete and will get them this week. then any extra we get will be for sale in store, we expect to get more than 14 in....

but I'm guessing this won't apply to all stores as some will have tons of preorders outstanding.

but as far as I know there are 50,000 wiis on their way.

To be honest, I think the shortage is all an illusion brought about to help drum up demand.

I dunno, it's possible, but the not fulfilling pre orders thing isn't because Nintendo have offered free games on Gameplay to everyone who hasn't been able to get theirs on launch.

But it does seem strange that Nintendo had loads, then suddenly it was like 'shit no we don't'.

I probably won't have a wii until next year. My only worry about this is that stores will stop offering their bundle deals on the console. I'm looking to go for gamestations £240 deal but no doubt it will probably disappear quite soon.

My local gamestation had some in stock today but said they were all for pre orders, and had 40 to fulfil this year, which for one store is quite alot, id say next year for definite.

My local gamestation had some in stock today but said they were all for pre orders, and had 40 to fulfil this year, which for one store is quite alot, id say next year for definite.

My store has 250+ pre-orders to fulfil, 40 is nothing! :D

As for Gamestation's £240 deal, don't expect that to go away any time soon. We had the same DS Lite deals (£109.99 with any game, for example) up for about 5 months after launch. Since none of the Wii deals right now specify which games you get I'd expect the company to keep the deals going for quite a while.

Im in southampton.

I phoned my local gamestation and they said that they would have none until january at the earlyest. :cry:

Although I have heard that my local asda are getting some in at some point today. Il go and investigate when I finish work...

Heres hoping! :grin:

i really dont see my self having a Wii till like mid/end of Jan, 07. and whats killing me is i have a wii-mote and wii play, zelda and 2000 points and it killing me.

I may actually have 2 Wii's soon, if my Gameplay order doesn't get cancelled, so might sell to someone on here for retail price.

To make up for your shameless hoarding, I demand you give your second Wii to Max.

A small independent shop near me has said that they will be getting some in.

I did ask if I could leave my name and number but they said it would be first come-first served and said I would be best of ringing in every day , no amount of bribery would make them change their mind either.

I could get one tomorrow. But I'll be in London. So I'll get it Monday. Oh well.

It's the toy chain Intertoys in the Netherlands if you're interested. Plane tickets are dirt cheap nowadays.

I just phoned two of my local asdas and they both had 5 deliveries of wii delivered today. I was told they were coming tommorow so I missed out, I think there is still hope for us though.

i have come to a hard yet reasonable descision regarding the wii... since i cant seem to get my hands on one anywhere i have decided to wait until the end of december to try again.. i currently have a pre order of red steel and a wii at gameplay.com however they do not know when they are getting thier new stock in. and since i dont think i shall have it by xmas (pre-ordered very very late:( ) i shall make THIS FRIDAY my last attempt at getting a wii. Of course if i find one i shall snap it up... if not i shall buy maybe a couple of games/accessories if i can get my hands on them. then get the wii after xmas.. anyone else come to this theory or has every1 still got hope??

I'm slowly accepting that theory...

I pre-ordered mine on september 18th with play.com. I've been told that the cut off date for the first batch was 3pm on september 15th, and that they only got in 300 consoles. If they get a decent amount in next time then maybe... but they probably took in a load of pre-orders before mine. I'm hoping that a lot of people pre-ordered elsewhere too and cancelled their play orders.

I would appreciate it if any hoarders who already have a wii and ordered one with play before me and intends to put it on ebay cancelled their orders :)

Guys,

I have a spare Wii sitting in a branch of Woolworths uncollected and paid for. I already have my wii goodness and they wont cancel the order now its paid for. Anyone want to take it off my hands? Not looking for a markup. I'm in London.

Guys,

I have a spare Wii sitting in a branch of Woolworths uncollected and paid for. I already have my wii goodness and they wont cancel the order now its paid for. Anyone want to take it off my hands? Not looking for a markup. I'm in London.

I'm interested... and I could probably do London.

To make up for your shameless hoarding, I demand you give your second Wii to Max.

Lol, I have no Wii's right now, and wont get any til next week at the earliest, not only that but it cost me £350 for an ebay one and so if I do get 2 I might have to stick it on ebay to cut my losses. Also I've just said if I sell it for retail price someone who just contacted via a PM can have it. Sorry :-(

"I pre-ordered mine on september 18th with play.com. I've been told that the cut off date for the first batch was 3pm on september 15th, and that they only got in 300 consoles."

ouch..300? And 7,000 pre-orders.... Nintendo must really hate them.:wink:

Tell me about it.

Nintendo said that they were "annoyed" at certain retailers for taking pre-orders before november, when they said not to. Play started taking theirs minutes after the price was announced... I was still in school by the cut off time!

Sign in to follow this