NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Alan77

Animal Crossing Wii

From GamesRadar.com:

Your Wii-made Mii persona will be used as your playable character in the Wii version of Animal Crossing, and any accessories or clothing collected in-game will be available for your Mii to wear in other Nintendo Wii titles, according to US games magazine, Electronic Gaming Monthly.

These hints were dropped in EGM's most recent rumour column, although Nintendo's eagerness to use Mii characters in other Wii games - Wii Sports, The Sims Wii, WarioWare Smooth Moves - suggests that there may be a shred of truth to the speculation.

But we're not convinced it'd be a wise move. Animal Crossing's charming and beautifully cartoonified visual style is one of the series' strongest assets. If Animal Crossing on Wii shares the same, much less attractive style as The Sims Wii, we're sure there'll be hordes of 'Crossing fans lining up to give Nintendo a piece of their minds. And we'll be right at the front of the crowd.

The ability to transfer your bits and bobs - perhaps enabled by a firmware update - is a nice touch. But please, if you're listening Nintendo, don't compromise Animal Crossing's fantastic visuals by turning it into just another Mii vehicle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

I'm not a huge fan of the human characters in Animal Crossing anyway, so I'd certainly like this to be true. The ability to use AC clothes and accessories in other games would be fantastic - I think everyone's fed up of the limited Mii customisation options when it comes to clothing.

It would be class to play as your already personalised Mii, however due to the simplicity of the Mii's I think it would be alot wiser to just make your Animal Crossing in the style of the game. Perhaps there could be more variation between characters though? I mean, they're all pretty much the same :hmm: except for being male or female. Maybe you could change their build this time aswell?

Ooh, and what about having trousers and shoes for them? :bouncy:

If theres any truth in the report up there, then I hope that its that you can dress your Mii with the items you collect in the game. That would be cool and would make for a whole new range of diverse looking Mii :hehe:

What are gamesradar on about? For me, I want the Mii's in as many games as possible!!

- characters in FPS in multiplayer

- in any sports games - SSX tricky, NBA Street etc.

Animal Crossing is the PERFECT example of using Mii!!

I dont like this idea. Although I do like the idea for extra Mii clothes etc, Mii's arent suited for Animal crossing. I love the original art style for AC, and the style Mii's are done in doesnt match.

I think that Miis are fulfilling their full potential.

Why can't a game read what codes you have used to make the Mii and incorporate your choices in the graphical style of the game. Surely that would not be hard?

EDIT: Posted at the same time Kurt R. Great minds think alike eh.

I have mixed feelings I guess. I've not played Animal Crossing so can't comment on its suitability in this particular example. In general though, I don't think that they should be shoehorning Miis into everything as this could compromise the characterisation in the games. Having said that, there is something very appealing about personalisation and this works well in less involved games like Wii Sports. My other half (non games player until now!) loves the fact that your player on screen is a representation of yourself.

I love the idea of getting clothes etc. in games that you can use to dress your Mii. Also, I want to create a Mii of my cat so if I could get a pet that would be cool :hehe:.

I'm really excited for this version of AC, Wii Connect 24 is going to be perfect for it. :hehe:

As far as Mii's are concerned I agree that they should be used but made to fit in with the look of AC.

I reckon if they just used the 2D image version of Mii's (the kind you see on the message board) and applied that as a texture to your character model it would work really well. Anyway, whatever they do it'll just be great to have so many unique looking characters running about!

I don't meanvshoehorning them into any old game - obviously adventure games or realistic games it wouldn't work. But then why wouldn't it work to have your Mii as a selcted character in a FPS? Is it more stupid then the crazy cgaracters in Time Splitters or Red Steel multiplayer? I don't think so, it'd be awesome.

Would it be that bad if you could race as your Mii in SSX Blur? I think it'd be awesome, Mario and Peach are a completely different style in SSX Trick 3 but it still works!

Sign in to follow this