NEurope
ndreamer

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

IGN seem to think it's going back to turn-based from a news story here, but without random battles. Which i'd much prefer. I noticed i posted a negeative post about VIII in this thread, i take it back, VII is a pretty great game, just started playing it again.

It's kinda gay that it's back to turn based, I know a lot of people were upset over the idea of real time battles before but come on, you cant keep a franchise like this exactly the same forever.

It's kinda gay that it's back to turn based, I know a lot of people were upset over the idea of real time battles before but come on, you cant keep a franchise like this exactly the same forever.

Maybe not, but turn-based is what Dragon Quest is. In my opinion, if a developer wants to make a new experience, make a new game, don't ruin an existing one (like ff 12 did). Oh, and using gay as an insult for something is a little primary school, isn't it?

Maybe not, but turn-based is what Dragon Quest is. In my opinion, if a developer wants to make a new experience, make a new game, don't ruin an existing one (like ff 12 did). Oh, and using gay as an insult for something is a little primary school, isn't it?

What they ruined FF12, I personally beg to disagree - it was still turn base but alot quicker. And I had a lot of memorable experiances from that game.

I think Dragon Quest and FF series both need to incoprate the real time battles with the turn based combat.

Oh, and using gay as an insult for something is a little primary school, isn't it?

No it's not and you're a poo poo head.

In all seriousness I can say whatever the fuck I want.

I am incredibly hot for this game. I love stuff like a changing your gear actually making a goddamn visual difference to your character for once. This is turning into my dream RPG, I must have it! Is there a projected release date for this puppy?

I don't mind turn based, I do mind random battles though.

Why (from what looks like it) does the Hero wear a metal helmet?

The bandana from the previous DQ was cool and all but meh.

Turn based is fine I don't mind,but like Hellfire said,random battles....

Sometimes you just can't be bothered with them,especially when your low on health traveling to a town,then you do and have to start over again :heh:

Oops totally forgot about this game, was online confirmed then?

I don't even get how the hell is online multiplayer supposed to work in a RPG. If the game is as good as DQ8 I'm buying it.

I want an online mode :cry:

If it is like DQ8 though then i'll buy it.Now that was an RPG.

Do we have any release dates for this baby? If it takes ages translating it for Euro release (almost certainly) I'm simply going to have to ship a US copy in. Can't wait for this.

Do we have any release dates for this baby? If it takes ages translating it for Euro release (almost certainly) I'm simply going to have to ship a US copy in. Can't wait for this.

Last thing I heard was that it's out in Japan at the end of the year :(

End of the year is also kind of wishful thinking. I expect it to get pushed into 2008 for Japan.

End of the year is also kind of wishful thinking. I expect it to get pushed into 2008 for Japan.

I think they might without the online mode now,if it was still in it then yea i'd say next year sometime.

I'm thinking more since it was announced this year and it looked very early in development, considering that they've been able to change the battle system entirely(something you just couldn't change so simply if you were heavily into development). A main numbered Dragon Quest game, the most popular franchise in Japan, isn't going to have less than a year of development time, is it?

Do you know when it started?

I wonder why they even removed online though,would of been pretty good.

If they think they're running out of time then they will push it and i'm expecting them to,and also how big the main game will be.

Touch a monster and you enter a turn based battle. Much like DQ Monsters on DS then! I like it, it works well. DQ spinoff could be an action RPG, but I had hoped the main one would not. It seems there were enough voices like that and they now reverted it back to the good old turn-based.

I think it's going in the right direction as far as the franchise goes. I understand some of you aren't happy, but this isn't a whole new series. It's one of the greatest, deep rooted franchises out there alongside Mario. DQ series made FF series. In truth, turning this into an action RPG felt like a bastardization. I was a bit worried.