N-Europe

Routers - what you got and did it work?

Cookyman

Ok well my Wii's not online yet and couldn't wait any longer so just ordered a Buffalo 125mbs Airstation cable/dsl router.

However I thought it might be useful for you guys to let us know what router your using for your Wii and how easy it was to set up, the performance etc - also please state whether your router is cable or not.

Hopefully this will help others make their mind up which router they get - let's face it the more people we get online the better :yay:

Linksys Wireless G (insert long code) router. It took ages to set up because the settings needed to be changed to allow both DS and Wii to work.

Try changing Transmission and Basic rates on your router to 1-2MBPS and 2MBPS if you can't connect your DS.

I have the Speedtouch 580/580i. Works superbly with both Wii and DS. That said, we're with Tiscali - between 6-9PM our PC connection slows right down, and the DS can't connect (not noticed the Wii). Odd, but i'm sure its Tiscali rather than the router.

And i do seem to be having proplems with some messages too - possibly emails.

I have a Thomson SpeedTouch 576.

Even though this Thomson model isnt listed on Nintendo's website it works perfectly with my Wii and DS, no problems at all.

Only thing I had to do is change the wireless channel frequency to "channel 1" due to my Sky box sender interfering.

Just need some online wii games now :)

I have a Netopia 3347W. It's supplied by Eircom, but I use it with BT Broadband. It doesnt work with my DS but works fine with my Wii.

Same here its wireless but I use Eircom Broadband with it

There were LOADS of problems because I have my 360 hooked up to it but if you ignore thme then it strangely works fine!

:p

Crap router, avoid at all costs but if you have it make do with it and you should be fine!

:)

I have a SMC 2804WBR router. I had trouble getting the Wii online with WEP encription, since I use that to play DS online. Fiddled with it, removed the security for a brief moment and Wii got connected. After updating firmwares, I locked the network again.

Eventually I set it to WPA encription. Wii connected instantly. Shame about my DS though. Any ideas how to get both the Wii and DS online? Dont really wanna fork out for the USB connector.

Can i ask.. does the Wii have a good wireless range? When i play my DS online in my room (where i intend to put my wii) i get low signal, if i move around too much i lose it altogether. will i have the same problem with my wii? (obviously i wont be moving the console around but will i have very low signal?)

Mine is Belkin "ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router" (F5D7632-4). I got it when Mario Kart DS came out! (for obvious reasons)

I love it. It's never had any probs. My Wii is connected to it as well.

Can i ask.. does the Wii have a good wireless range? When i play my DS online in my room i get low signal, if i move around too much i lose it altogether.

Good point... I want to know that as well, just for knowledge sake. I too have probs when I go sit in the bog while playing DS wifi game... :laughing: Disconnects happen more often.