NEurope
Cookyman

Routers - what you got and did it work?

I bought a wireless router a few months ago, in order to get both of my laptops online. I also wanted to use this router to get my DS online, and then the Wii.

This router has been a godsend. It's the Linksys WRT54G. Sure, sometimes it disconnects, but it's usually pretty stable.

Getting online with the Wii and DS was simple. Just a case of searching for the access point, and that was that. Barely minutes work.

I use the D-Link GT604 (running with australian firmware - DS had wifi probs with the UK ver)

It works great with Wii (altho you have to set the broadcast channel no. to 10 rather than the default 6).

I got a Buffalo WBMR-G54 from Play.Com (Cheapo £50) and it works with everything really easily.

On a lesser note, I use WEP encryption (DS only seems to do WEP) and Mac filtering for security with router... but I guess everyone with a router does the same these days.

I use the D-Link GT604 (running with australian firmware - DS had wifi probs with the UK ver)

It works great with Wii (altho you have to set the broadcast channel no. to 10 rather than the default 6).

Thanx for that info, it helped sort my connection out :laughing:

yay just found out my router is on the incompatible list

despite it being fine for DS, PC, 360 :P

Another Linksys WRT54G user here. No trouble setting it up. My Wii is not connected 24/7.

We rock the most. :)

Yeah, I don't leave mine on all the time, either. I turn the router off whenever I'm going out, or just when I don't want to use the internet.

I have the 3com OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 108mbps 11g Router. I ha 2 PCs and he Wii on it. The Wii always on and it works awesome

just incase it is not mentioned i have a D-Link GamerLounge - DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Router

Works perfectly

hmmm this is good news the Wii seems to work with most common routers - should have my bulldog airstation router in next couple of days so can eventually get my Wii online!