NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Wii Underway!!

Twilight Princess got the characters, controls, graphical style, story and overworld/dungeons virtually spot-on. I don't see how they can improve on that...

A Zelda game that is 100%. It won't happen, but maybe Nintendo will surprise us and make a god awful Zelda game.

maybe a 3D remake of one of the nes ones.

that would be cool.

though it would need a better story.

Come on guys i trust both Eiji Aonuma and ofc his Majesty Shigeru Miyamoto. I am so sure the next Zelda will rock. They can put Link in an empty room for 50 hours and i'll still gonna buy it!!!!!

they need to make link "real".. what if he has some serious weltschmertz and doesnt want to ride around anymore saving hyrule, and in the game you then control Ganon who has to get Link's mojo back.. so that he himself can get on with beeing the bad guy..

I'm thinking possibly a Zelda MMO. I know it's crazy talk but I can see it happening. The Wii is a very capable online machine and Zelda is a universe of a franchise. There are so many elements that you could just make a huge land.

So what race does everyone wanna be? Zora, Goron, Hylian, Hyrulian, Deku, Cuckoo, Skull Kid or what?

I think a Great War in Zelda would make for an awesome future story; whether it's THE Great War before OOT though, because it's not possible to include Link in that! You could play as OOT Links father, but that would make it a spin-off!

I think it would great if a Great War between the races of Hyrule played out in the background (which at times Link takes part in and interact with), but for the most part Link is having to race across Hyrule in a usual style adventure, trying to find/collect whatever it is that will bring about an end to the war.

Link would be like the Frodo and Sam of this Great War.

I think a Great War in Zelda would make for an awesome future story; whether it's THE Great War before OOT though, because it's not possible to include Link in that! You could play as OOT Links father, but that would make it a spin-off!

I think it would great if a Great War between the races of Hyrule played out in the background (which at times Link takes part in and interact with), but for the most part Link is having to race across Hyrule in a usual style adventure, trying to find/collect whatever it is that will bring about an end to the war.

Link would be like the Frodo and Sam of this Great War.

So it'd work a bit like MGS4 is supposed to but with Zelda? You're in a world where there's a big war going on, your actions can influence it and you can take part in it but ultimately you have your own mission to go about at the same time.

I like that idea, the idea of a fairly free roaming world (Oblivion style) but with Zelda tied into it is also appealing and I'd love to see either of those things happen because it needs a bit of a shake-up. I suppose both could work together really with the free roaming being interrupted by set pieces at various points.

What I'd really like to see is a change to the go to dungeon, get new item, complete dungeon, get some artefact or other. I'm not saying do away with dungeons completely but make them flow more and don't have everything in dungeons.

Righty ho

I couldn't agree with you more Jay.

Dungeons do drag on a bit and start to get a bit boring. What I don't want to see is a different land and bad guy. If ninty did that they'd be stupid. Ganondorf rules and so does Hyrule- but I don't mind a bigger Hyrule.

Such a huge war would be great. Not battling it, though, but having a background story to it. i'm thinking of uniting a lot of loose ends of other stories. The Great War they're talking about: who's fighting who? It would be cool if it were the Hylians versus the awesome power of the majorean. But the stories couldn't have anything to do with the triforce, as by then it were only legends. And ungeons wouldn't make any sense. Dungeons are perhaps the most stupid concept ever. Think of it for a second: when you discover that the Mirror of Twilight is broken, all the three parts (three! A broken mirror in fout parts!) are spread across hyrule. Now where exactually are they hidden? In a dungeon! Who ever thought of taking these pieces and bringiing them to dungeons. It only makes it harder for the hero to find them and easier for the bad guy to secure them. It just doesn't make sense.

So a Sam and Frodo like adventure would be a great retreat from the original Dungeon-formula. And trusting Nintendo with it, they would make something spectacular with it. They would make - what now just seems a boriong route to the end- into a finding quest, traveling from town to town to find what you need. Like Golden Sun, you travel towards the end and not have to do these crazy dungeons all the time.

Bring it on Nintendo. I'm waiting for 'The Legend of Zelda: The Last Stance' or 'The Legend of Zelda: The Great Hylian War'. Or just leave the Zelda off and create a perfectly through-thought spin-off 'The Great Hylian Wars'. Ideas enough nintendo. You've gone to the limit, now innovate the game and change the basic formula. proof you can think of something new...

I'd love the imprisoning war, taking place on the Hero of Time chapters.

Also if I could point a thing to improve it would be character relationships. not only looks and personality but also a lot of interaction, side-story's, flashbacks, etc. City's full of these guys, with a back-story. Nintendo should have a whole "team/group" dealing with these. seeying as hyrule town and all came very late at Twilight Princess development cycle, first being shown in August 2005 (and completely changed in the final version).

I would also love to see finally a free-roaming Lost Woods truly lost. That was attempted in both OoT and TP, but probably scraped due to difficulties... make it work Nintendo.

I'd like to see Zelda : Links Awakening re-done in 3D. Was a quality game back in the day, but i do feel that the formula for zelda games is getting tired, the same water, forest, fire temples etc. Zelda needs huge new story angle where it doesn't involve trekking across the lands to one dungeon. The game needs to be more free-form in a sense you really do have to figure out what to do next via exploration. In all the previous Zelda's we're pretty much talked through what to do via Navi/Midna, that it does take away some of the 'Adventure' aspect to the game.

The perfect name for the next gen game would simply have to be something like The Legend of Zelda : The Hero Of Time.

Just my 2p.

Nah no remakes. No OoT types either. Give us a brand new Zelda. Like Capcom did wit Resi series. Remake the game from scratch. Show that asshole from Gamespot that you still have it and make all the PS3 fan boys throw that table sized console off the window!!!

Nah no remakes. No OoT types either. Give us a brand new Zelda. Like Capcom did wit Resi series. Remake the game from scratch. Show that asshole from Gamespot that you still have it and make all the PS3 fan boys throw that table sized console off the window!!!
That said RE needed to be redesigned as a franchise since the control scheme for the games in the series was aging fast.

That is not the case with Zelda, it has been near perfect since 1998, that said Zelda is never a fixed formula done all over again, just look at Zelda TP, it's not OoT all over again, and it's supposed to be a "similar Zelda".

Don't fix what isn't broken, that's my opinion. But I believe Zelda can get better and better after TP, but that's only possible since Nintendo did TP, the bar is higher now; a lot higher.

My queries are still the same though, give us a hard mode in Zelda Nintendo, the enemies should get harder the more items and better swords we have, just like in RPG's when we reach a new area, this is really a minor grip though.

This is just a few unstructured ideas and feelings I have...

To tell you the truth I think Zelda does need to be redesigned. I have loved all the old games and I'm loving TP but I feel that the whole dungeon after dungeon has been done to death. I predict that will be the first thing to go. The second thing I would like to see is a lt more interaction between the different races along with slightly more convincing town structures (I know that sounds over the top but the devil is in the detail!). Another thing, and some people are probably gonna have an issue with this, the graphics need to be improved and I am sure they will be. I am extremely aware that TP is a GC game and for that it looks fantastic but the game looks a bit barren and I hope, and am sure this will be addressed in the next Zelda.

One of my favourite things in TP is the fact that there are loads of animals and I think it gives the game a real feeling of movement and life but I would love to see more of this, herds of horses in Hyrule Field, flocks of birds, rabbits and then these animals interacting with the environment and enenies.

The fantastic music needs to be orcestral instead of lame MIDI files.

I don't want voice acting but the characters, I feel, need to make some kind of noise, a bit like Lylat Wars on the N64, and if they are its too subtle.

The actual structure of the map I feel could change with less sections and more a larger flowing world.

This isn't meant to be a criticism of Zelda cos I love it and I'm loving TP, I would love to see some of these things get integrated...

So thats my incoherent talk over...

To tell you the truth I think Zelda does need to be redesigned. I have loved all the old games and I'm loving TP but I feel that the whole dungeon after dungeon has been done to death. I predict that will be the first thing to go.
All RPG's have dungeons how could they be done without them? seriously; that's what Zelda is. Instead of criticizing that I'd like to see what they should do instead explained, seriously, I have no ideas, and I don't really want it to change.

Like... Link jumping with A and hitting "?" boxes for mushrooms? that should also be a tired formula I guess.

TP did improvements in the dungeons, the way they are integrated with the rest of the world, take goron mines for example, most of the time it doesn't look like a dungeon, it just fits into the world, I'm more than satisfied with that.

The second thing I would like to see is a lt more interaction between the different races along with slightly more convincing town structures (I know that sounds over the top but the devil is in the detail!). Another thing, and some people are probably gonna have an issue with this, the graphics need to be improved and I am sure they will be. I am extremely aware that TP is a GC game and for that it looks fantastic but the game looks a bit barren and I hope, and am sure this will be addressed in the next Zelda.
TP graphics are amazing to my eyes, on the "baren point" I take it you wanted a real populated lost woods?

If so that's just a design option they did there, we've seen TP and OoT during development with real woods, but most likely it was free roaming and pretty easy to get lost to the point of no return, it would be needed a way to guide the player through them.

The desert guiding poe in OoT was actually first intended for a 3D lost woods.

One of my favourite things in TP is the fact that there are loads of animals and I think it gives the game a real feeling of movement and life but I would love to see more of this, herds of horses in Hyrule Field, flocks of birds, rabbits and then these animals interacting with the environment and enenies.
that just comes with higher worlds, not a franchise re-design. Said that we all always want more, that's only natural.
The fantastic music needs to be orcestral instead of lame MIDI files.

I don't want voice acting but the characters, I feel, need to make some kind of noise, a bit like Lylat Wars on the N64, and if they are its too subtle.

The actual structure of the map I feel could change with less sections and more a larger flowing world.

On the MIDI argument... Zelda sounds great, a 60 hour orchestrated with the sound variety Zelda has is unthinkable, take DQVIII for example, it's orchestrated... it has like 8/10 tracks for the whole game, playing in loop.

Also Zelda uses dynamic soundtracks, so it's not that feasible for the in-game play, it's feasible though for cutscenes with a specific time, not to say they couldn't make it work, but hyrule field and battle places are better off with MIDI's.

I also think "Lilat Wars/Animal Crossing/banjo Kazooie" sounds would be horrible for the game, at the very least if it should happen... midna-like speech. never a real language like english, but I would settle for hyrulean.

I don't demand it at all though.

Personally I just want the next Zelda to do a few things differently.

I want the graphics to be different. Not WindWaker different, but not so similar as we've always seen. So that you look at it, and go, wow. That's different. It's adult, but it's different.

I also want them to play with the logistics of it so that it's not just one dungeon ---> bit of other stuff --> next dungeon. Perhaps include a bit of variety where YOUR decisions affect which area you go to next in the game.

Zelda is brilliant though, and whatever they do with it, as long as they don't ruin it, I won't mind.

I really do hope they come up with something different. Different, fresh and better. Not to say that TP is bad, although I'm not very far yet, but its really good so far. As for graphics, I too hope they come up with something different and new. For me, Windwaker had one of the best graphical styles ever in a game. The best cel shading ever for sure. I liked that style a lot more than what TP looks like. And TP is by no means a bad looking game.

I loved Wind Waker's style but I also love TP's one.

Having said that I think if we didn't know when both were released, most people would conclude WW was created after TP.

The styling of the Forest Haven was beautiful in WW, yet fairly bland in TP.

I'm sure we're going to get another Zelda we'll all enjoy. I just hope Nintendo takes something from how much people enjoyed a more fleshed out story in Twilight Princess and adopt a more cinematic route next time with some proper voice-acting and the feeling of a more living world.

I'm quite happy with the dungeon format as well as seeing Zelda/Link/Ganondorf show up, it's all just about them doing as they've been doing all along and introducing new gameplay, graphic and story devices to retell their Zelda stories in more exciting ways.

I have no worries Nintendo will serve up something completely unexpected and exciting for their next Zelda title. Roll on 200longtimeaway.

Yea, in the end I think Nintendo will gt it right so I'm happy whatever!

I am looking forward to what they do next.

I think Nintendo have already covered the great war. According to my brother it's in the Minish Cap (i haven't played it) but they kinda copped-out. Though in my opinion the Minish Cap wasn't really true zelda. I don't like people who say the minish people are actually in all the zelda games but that's another discussion...

But I would like to see a big war going on during the game. That would also easily allow Nintendo to put an online game in too.

I don't know about that 'fps' business though, if I wanted to play an adventure game in first person (like metroid) then I'd buy Metroid. Surely?

I play Zelda because I like the formula. Not saying I want it to stay the same forever, but I don't want a Zelda game that's basically a Metroid game or a Mario game.

I would also like to see a Zelda game that takes place much much later than any of the current games (though Zelda2 is supposed to be the last in the series.... so I have read...). I think it'd be interesting to see Link's world in a more technologically advanced state, I bet that'd change how the game was played a fair bit.

It won't be a severe graphical change I don't think, that alone wouldn't make it a massively different game. It'll be either a change to the use of dungeons, or a drastic change to the control scheme.

I've had to be careful not to read spoilers in this thread, which is a shame.

The Minish Cap is in no way aboutn the Great War. It's about tiny little people helping other tiny little people and bigger people to save the world from a once-little person but now a big person. That's it, in short.

Now if I put it that way, the game is kind of wacky. But it was enjoyable.

Turn Link into a blue Hedgehog that grinds on rails and uses a snowboard on pavement in New York City.

Oh wait...

Turn Link into a blue Hedgehog that grinds on rails and uses a snowboard on pavement in New York City.

Oh wait...

It would be an improvement over the new 'Sonic the Hedgehog' at least!!