NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

Revolution Games

Well since the revolution controller has been announced i have been like a giddy little girl waiting for the next Barbie beach house.

i have been thinking about what games could be made for the rev to use the unique capibilities that the controller offers. there are the obvious ones. mario, metroid, zelda and supers smash bros.

due to my lack of imagination i cant think of something new or a new twist on something existing.

so please let me know what games you guys can think of and how they will be played. Which "controller add-on" would be required.

hmmm MMORPG's can be playes by pointing at the target and pressing A to attak or B to bring down a drop menu on what else your can do with it with the analouge add on for moving forward left right and back with the controller acting as your vision

I have been reading an article on ign about how well a pokemon game would work as an MMORPG. It would rock. never thought about it before.

I have been reading an article on ign about how well a pokemon game would work as an MMORPG. It would rock. never thought about it before.

you must be the only one then (apart from nintendo). for years people have talked about a pokemon MMORG and now I think such a thing is a real possibility due to the Revolution.

Anyway, i think a tennis game would rock. Using the "pointer" as the raquet and it could relate that into the game world and the analogue stick as the person. I can definetly imagine lots of 4 player fun with that.

Yeah, a tennis, golf, baseball and even *shivers* cricket...

All of those would fit perfectly.

Sorry, but there have been SOOO many threads like this (especially around the day the controller was shown)!!

I think the controler rocks, but I still don't get how SSB will be played...

Thats why they re developing a controller shell... to use as a normal controller, thats how you will be playing SSB!

Nintendo said they will be making a a controller shell, it was confirmed at TGS, but the final design wasnt finalised so they didnt show it, IGN made a great mockup of it, it looks awesome in my opinion.

I don't think we'll see a great deal of NIntendo developed games using the Shell. Nintendo will want to show the developers how to use the innovative Baton, therefore its safe to say Smash Bros, Mario and Metroid for starter will fully utilise the Baton.

I would love to see Pikmin designed for Revolution:

To instruct a group of Pikmin, hold A and using your Baton circle a group of the little fellas, gliding the cursor to the chosen location - your Pikmin will follow and automatically carry out their chore. To select a particular colour, hold cursor on say, a blue Pikmin and then press B, circle the baton over a wider area and all Blue Pikmin within the circle will be at your beckon call.

Surely, Pikmin is perfectly suited to the Baton?!

SSB is possible for revolution...and i do have a slight idea, but its not very innovative. Those relying on a shell to play it, weres your lust for innovation?

oh thats easy.. first I want a game where you play a blind old fart who walks around with his cane (the controller) and hits/touches things (lifting up girls skirts etc).. then I want a game where im a coductor who leads a classical ensemble with his baton (the controller).

And what if they built in some kind of GPS thing.. then the game would unlock cool features if you were excately on the Northpole, or you could download every Rare game, but only if you and your controller were in Twycross.

But now we talk of SSBM i think they will put in controller options so that you can use the new controller or choose to use the "old" Gamecube controller

Sign in to follow this