NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Bringing The Family Together

Thread Suggest by badboyace84

How does the Wii bring your family together? Is it through the fun of Wii Sports? The magic of Zelda? Or perhaps they just like creating Miis?

"a thread about bringing the whole family together. I have seen a few people mention how their family are getting into the wii and for the first time in about 10 years i heard my mum say "are you getting oe of those it looks like good fun." the last time i heard that was when i had my nintendo scope for my snes and i couldn't get a go as familly wouldn't stop playing it. she also said that the whole family should get a ds that way we could play games and the looser does the washing up hehe" - badboyace84's post in the suggestion thread.

I killed them all so I could play more Zelda without disrpution.

I lol'd. :laughing:

My Dad picked up a game controller for the first time since F1 World Grand Prix on the N64. Him and my brother were just playing Wii Sports for nearly an hr or so. Was making me laugh seeing my Dad who's about 50 years old playing tennis and bowling. He was pretty amazed by it.

I introduced Wii to my sister and her boyfriend today. We had a blast. :D

Made Miis. Played Bowling and Golf, then they played Baseball and Boxing by themselves.

Mum was watching, I asked her if she wanted a go, she said she was just a little too tired (couldn't sleep well) but would be interested when she's had some rest. :)

There were a lot of laughs, and the boyfriend made a short video on his mobile so he could brag to his brothers that he played on Wii. :laughing:

Wii is infectious. It's completely different from the other consoles - just its mere appearance makes people go "wow" and "ooh".

When I told my dad I was getting it he told me "Can you get it with that remote thing? I think i'll play it then" to which I replied "Dad. Thats it."

Fast forward to friday he came down for the weekend and kicked me and my lil bros ass at tennis and kept asking for rematches. My cousin also popped in with the usual "whats this the wee wee console." then he got to grips with it and wouldn't leave.

My excuse was I'm so used to controllers that motion sensing is more strange to me than him. Of course that was a lie, I'm just bollocks so far.

Well other family members, my lil bro lives in my house so naturally we've been avoiding all responsibility and just whipping each other at tennis and golf and trying countless times to even hit the ball in baseball.

All in all this is a perfect family console. Nothing says fun like your family flailing like nuts in your lounge screaming abuse and drawing blood. Well I was the only on that drew blood. Damn tables and bowling.

I hooked my Wii up shortly before midnight. My mum was with me and watched me play Red Steel - ok she slept on the couch mainly.

Well after 1 AM I had the idea we could play some Wiisports so my mum and I played a bit of tennis for half an hour. She sucked but I wasn't really good either. After that we played a bit of bowling and she totally pwned me.

Well at one point yesterday I had my mum and sister watching while me and my dad played tennis. He didnt know what he was doing but thats the first time they've all sat round a games system before.

Making the Mii's was fun, as everyone got into it. My bro started to make himself loook like a 'very wierd person'. I dont know how to describe it but it was wierd its changed now anyway

However Wii Sports has brought my family more to gaming.

I handed Zelda over to my mum so she could ride Epona. She ran around, hopped a fence and fended off three flying enemies.

I was speechless.

My mum and brother played WiiSports (single player, as Gamestation don't have WiiPlay yet) and they both seemed to enjoy it. When I get another controller I'll show them again....

Well I have been playing wii at a friends down here in hull, so let me state this most of his housemates didn't want to play it because and I quote them on this: "It looks too complicated"

Admittely though he was playing red steel at the time.

My sister has racked up about five hours on Wii Sports, and an hour on her own file on Zelda. My dad had a go on golf, but I'm still waiting for my parents to have a proper go on it.

My mum kick my ass at golf on Wii Sports:cry: ...I don't know it that was a good thing!:confused:

I got her back in Tennis:yay:and boxing:p

I tell you one thing. Wii has my mum's attention. I sat there playing Red Steel and she just watched me, she prefers watching me play Red Steel to Zelda. She thinks Red Steel is like a movie and Zelda is too fairyish.

My Dad wants to play shooting on Wii Play, and I know my family will be busting out Wii Sports on New Years Eve.

I tell you one thing. Wii has my mum's attention. I sat there playing Red Steel and she just watched me, she prefers watching me play Red Steel to Zelda. She thinks Red Steel is like a movie and Zelda is too fairyish.

My Dad wants to play shooting on Wii Play, and I know my family will be busting out Wii Sports on New Years Eve.

Ill tell you which is an awesome mini game, the weird neon paddle/air hocky game on Wii Play. After 2 goes I was addicted!

My story is a little different.

I live in my student house with my two mates and my girlfriend. Upon recieving my Wii, my two house mates, came in looking very interested and we proceeded to play bowling for ages, recently we havn't been getting on well...but our bowling experience seemed to transcend all our problems...

As for me and my girlfriend, well its half past midnight and we just finished a marathon session of wii play and wii sports. SHE LOVES IT!!!!

My dad, stepmum, and Mum, all loved it.

'nuff said.

My dad also wants to buy his own.

Me, my sister, mum and my dad played wiisports for about 3 hours. They played on my sisters Wii before i woke up too for quite abit. They love the system, and now my mum wants one :lol:.

Soon there will be 3 Wii's in the house :bleh:

my dad has played wii sports with my sister and he keeps asking me to play excite truck with him (and of coarse i did).

my mom is yet to try it

My mum, dad and uncle had ago. My uncles into golf and never played a games console really, he was amazed by wii sports. My dad was the same, i asked him to have ago which he said "No im not into them machines" anyway i gave him a controller and he started getting into the tennis, it was a good laugh :D

My brothers and I have played a fair bit of bowling on Wii Sports together, and they've also tried other sports on it. My mum has actually asked to have a go, which is a good sign. A friend of mine told me that he played Wii Sports with his Dad for quite some time, too.

The amazing thing is though, we've never had a night where me and the family had gathered around a console. Sure sometimes in the past me and my dad might of played a few games over a network. But no way have we ever had us all around a console with 4 wiimotes playing wiisports for hours.

Well last night me and my dad were playing Wii sports til 1 in the morning. Bear in mind that my dad aint young, hes in his 60s and he beat me at Bowling which I couldnt believe, it was hilarious.

Not living with my parents atm but come christmas, I'm sure it will be a different story. I have however had literally tens of people coming round to my house to play on Wii Sports and Wii Play. Both get everyone hooked but it takes a little experience to get ppl playing stuff like Red Steel and enjoying it.

Well I asked mymum if she wanted a shot of WiiTennis as soon as I set it up and she said "ok". From a singles match to having best out of 5 my mum loves it. Next was boxing (which is her favourite) which she basically kicked my butt in and I won bowling by 3 points but then she also enjoyed that.

So saturday I had a 12 hour shift and 10 hour shift on sunday, my little brother enjoys games anyway so as soon as I came in the house my mum yelled "Suji I made my own Mii haha" and "you never told me you had a shooting game [redsteel] I'll play you tomorrow" so I take it that shes been going crazy with Wii Sports and must have tried out RedSteel (the records on my Wii say spent a few hours on each). The first ever game my mum played was Tekken on the Ps1 which after 2 minutes she gave up on but with this I can picture her playing for quite a while plus she likes the whole fitness thing.

So yeah basically it started off with WiiSports and gradually I might turn her into a hardcore player who will give me a better challenge than my little brother :heh:

Oh and by the way, the receptionist at my mums opticians just after phoning the house asking "where did you buy your Wii? I'mlooking for one but they are all soldout"

Nintendo get your act together,want to be number one, catch the people now :heh: